Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon January 17, 2010
This is a great product. I just ordered another one. I gambled that this was a screw in assembly. Originally I was wondering if it had wires on the back side. So now you know that it screws into a normal light socket. I am using this quad socket in my attic to improve the lighting effectiveness. There isn't much of a way to elaborate except to say the construction seems solid. The packaging is very good and the price is reasonable. Just to repeat, the part of the picture you cannot see is a standard screw just like the base of a standard incandescent bulb. So you can just screw this into a standard light socket and it converts a single socket into a quad socket. Obviously it will take up a fair amount of space when the four bulbs are screwed in, so take that into consideration. I tried to screw 4 flood lights into the fixture and I was only able to screw in two of the four. I used two regular light bulbs and two flood lights.
77 comments|84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 20, 2010
I use this adapter with a socket extender because it would not fit in my lighting head. I had put it to use as an extra growing light but the weight of four high output CFL bulbs with an extender is stressful on the base socket. The adapter itself is built very well though most extenders are very cheaply made as with sockets found on most cheap lighting heads. I also have 2-socket Y adapters which can be found on Amazon and in most hardware stores but the build quality on this 4-socket is far superior.

Judging by current reviews a substitute product was being shipped Flashpoint 4 Socket Adapter which is not the same. If the box you receive is not by WESTCOTT and does not have a UPC sticker showing 817967004138 you did not get the adapter advertised here. There are many third party merchants who mislabel products by adding them to listings with good feedback in order to sell junk.
on September 20, 2012
We use soft box lighting in both the studio and on location. We always use CFLs/LEDs because of their low power draw. But, we also need a lot of light much of the time and single CFLs and LEDs only crank out so many lumens. But, FOUR CFLs or LEDs frequently get the job done and that brings the need for this device. Some of these adapters on the market are pure junk, but this one is of good quality.
on August 22, 2012
Ordered a cheap continuous light kit, but the stand-alone kit didn't produce enough light. Someone who ordered a very similar kit to mine suggested this adapter with 4 white light bulbs and it made a huge difference. Item was packaged well, all sockets work, I use these bulbs with this adapter and can shoot at a fast enough shutter speed I don't need to use a tripod even when no other light sources are on in the room and it's night time. This little gizmo saved my continuous lighting kit from being sent back. I also don't need to use my speedlite with this like I did with the stock continuous lighting kit. This much light does give off a good deal of heat, but it's tolerable.
on July 23, 2012
I can't find anything "cheap" about this product. The construction of the two I've bought was solid. The 4 lamp sockets are plastic but they work fine with my bulbs. I've used 2 of these in table lamps with 4 Phillips 60W (equivalent) LED bulbs. I used a porcelain socket extender to raise the base above the bend in the harp. This arrangement replaced 2 CFL's, draws less power, and puts out more light. My goal is to replace the CFL's that were shoved down our throats by lawyers that don't know the difference between real technology and their backsides.
on March 7, 2013
This part is marketed by Westcott under their "Photo Basics" line and came in a small plain white cardbord box with only a sticker identifying the box as the "Photo Basics 413 4-Socket Adapter New." There was no documentation or instructions (not that any would be needed). The actual part does not have any name, numbers, or brand markings and would appear (by on-line photos only) to be the same exact part that is sold everywhere - including MANY Chinese e-bay sources. But, regardless, with Westcott putting their name on it (perhaps only in marketing and on the box) one would believe the quality would meet some reasonable standard.

With that said, I was very happy with the part - while it appears to be entirely plastic (besides, of course, the screws, wires & contacts) the overall quality appears to be very good. Everything fits together well, aesthetically it looks good and it works as it should. For my use with CFLs I think the part is ideal (no idea how the plastic would hold up to hot tungsten lights). Add an inexpensive Home Depot Clamp Light, an umbrella and umbrella holder and one has (almost) a poor man's Spiderlite :-) I would have NO hesitation to recommend or buy another (which I will).
on February 20, 2013
I ordered two of these, and one of the adapters had one socket that wouldn't accept a bulb. I fixed that by screwing in a candelabra adapter, and using a wrench to force it in. Electrically there is no problem, but the threads in that one socket were messed up (messed up before I started with the wrench, mind you).

But I just ordered two more anyhow, because other than that fixable QC issue, these are exactly what I want.
on January 13, 2013
I love this item, and i just reordered another 3 adapters. I use it with a single socket " Photography Photo Portrait Studio 600W Day Light Umbrella Continuous Lighting Kit by LimoStudio " ASIN B005FHZ2SI, and it does a job of a studio lighting kit three times the price.

I also installed these sockets in the garages of all my rental units, as well any other place I want more lighting.

I love it, it's awesome!
on December 5, 2013
Though the plastic is very thin none are broken and both units I purchased work. I almost gave this 3 stars becasue it just seems cheap, but it works and I paid 50% less than the normal price so i received a great value!
on January 17, 2014
I have a long two car tandem garage with only two lights. That was a easy fix with these socket adapter. Now I've upgraded to 8 bulbs with more then enough lighting with zero wiring need. Couldn't be happier!