Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Photo Recipes Live: Behind the Scenes: Your Guide to Today's Most Popular Lighting Techniques Paperback – January 1, 2010
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
About the Author
If you’re the author, publisher, or rights holder of this book, let ACX help you produce the audiobook.Learn more.
Top Customer Reviews
- Great information overall!
- The packaging was definitely overkill!
- The videos were a little disappointing in comparison to some of his other work (kelby training, kelby TV). I felt they were much too short and seemed a little rushed. I'm guessing it was shot all in the same day as it was in one location.
- The fact it was only a DVD ROM that couldn't play in my home DVD player wasn't that big of a deal only because we were supplied the files to play on mobile devices. This is a GREAT feature, and i hope more of his products will be supplied like this in the future. It makes it very easy for me to watch the videos when i travel without taking the DVD.
- Typical Scott Kelby teaching style (which is great!). He makes you feel more like you are just talking to your buddy about photography, rather than sitting in a classroom listening to a lecture.
I look forward to the next project of Scott's.
I put all 16 lessons on my ipod and sat down and watched them. They show how to shoot using studio lighing. It's very informative.
The book mimics the DVD. It will help you after when you want to access the info fast without watching the videos again.
Apart from the 2 natural light video's you will need strobes to make the same images. Some setups use 2 lights, nice large softboxes, flags and a reflector.
Scott is a great guy, what's not to love. He teaches in a very clear understandable manner. If you haven't tried Kelby Training, give it a shot. I've learned a lot from that and it's only $20 a month. (I'm not affiliated with Kelby Training, except I'm a paying subscriber.)
Couldn't be happier with the combo and I'm looking forward to the next volume.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I liked Mr Kelby's presentation, but I was looking for something more technical, for a beginner this is fantastic. Anyhow I enjoyed the material.Published on April 24, 2014 by Julio Aponte
This was a gift for my daughter and son-in-law. They love all Scott Kelby books and have a collection of them.Published on January 27, 2014 by H. M. Hansen
If you have been shooting for decades, I have, you can probably still learn some great tips from Kelby. Read morePublished on April 4, 2013 by Stephen Pellerine
I found it easy to watch. things were done in a logically way for the not so experienced photographer. Read morePublished on March 18, 2013 by Graham.Taarnby
This is by far the best thing I have purchased for my photography. Scott walks you through every shot, step by step. Read morePublished on March 21, 2012 by way2easy
I have three of Scot Kelby's books and am happy with all of them (elements book, lightroom book, general digital photo. Read morePublished on December 9, 2010 by JackOfMostTrades
I was very disappointed. This did not met my expectations at all. The disk contains crapy quality videos of Kelby yammering and going off topic. Read morePublished on November 30, 2010 by Rick
it is relay niece show companion with nice heed lines book. very useful and practical... Read more