5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding photo tips and great pictures of San Diego
Published on October 6, 2000 by WPM

3.0 out of 5 stars Mmmmmm
I have to say I expected more from this book. I'm an amateur photographer and I was hoping to get more technical tips and photo ideas that weren't just postcard subjects. If that is what you're looking for you will like thro book. I didn't need or want a tour guide/history lesson style book.

But if you are from out of town and are looking for hints on postcards...
Published 15 months ago by SusyErnie

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding photo tips and great pictures of San Diego, October 6, 2000
WPM (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PhotoSecrets San Diego: The Best Sights and How To Photograph Them (Paperback)
This book is fantastic! It offers a wealth of detailed suggestions of how to get great photographs all around San Diego. It is extremely detailed, down to the ideal time of day for each shot. I live in San Diego and I learned a lot and got dozens of great ideas. PhotoSecrets is also a photography tutorial. In numerous sidebars and sections it teaches about various topics sure to be of interest to those who would like to learn how to take better pictures, such as how best to photograph landscapes, at night, animals, through glass, sunsets, etc. On top of all this, by virtue of the huge number of pictorial examples, it serves as an excellent picture book of San Diego. And it also explains about the history of many San Diego landmarks. I highly recommend this book whether you live in San Diego or are visiting and want to take good pictures while you're here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, February 17, 2006
Brian (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This book is great for photography, but better as a travel guide to San Diego. I live here and it has information I never knew. It is 100% quality in the color photos as well.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mmmmmm, October 2, 2013

But if you are from out of town and are looking for hints on postcards style photos this is a good book for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical and beautiful book-, June 10, 2013
Highly recommended book for those who strive to take very good photos of San Diego area.

It give minute details on how to get great results for photos of San Diego.

4.0 out of 5 stars Travel guide, October 24, 2011
Came in handy very detail on where to go gave alot of history on San dieago I will continue to use it as a reference guide it's very very informative like it a lot and recommend it highly

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME, April 25, 2011
Awesome book, as a SD newcomer.. this book took me to some awesome photography places. And showed me some awesome places in general that I would have never been able to find without the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars All you could ask, March 4, 2010
Nick (Vancouver, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
This is a great travel guide to San Diego that gives you great locations to shoot and the best times of the day. It is a wonderful, full location to get your camera and tripod out; keep this book along side for the trip.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great guide, September 7, 2014
Maji (Louisiana) - See all my reviews
A great photography guide for the San Diego area. I believe the book was written before digital cameras became ubiquitous, but the locations are still valid. I highly recommend it.

PhotoSecrets San Diego: The Best Sights and How To Photograph Them
PhotoSecrets San Diego: The Best Sights and How To Photograph Them by Andrew Hudson (Paperback - October 13, 1998)
Used & New from: $0.01