Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
asked by R. LIGHT on November 27, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 24 answers
A
I bought this book on Kindle and I am very dissapointed. The book is absolutlely mutilated; the images are very compresed; the footnotes are mixed with the main paragraph, and quite often are far from the image they correspond to. The book is great but I could not get anything about it because of the Kindle format. A friend of mine borrow me the hardprint so I changed my mind about the book. The book is great, but the Kindle's version is terrible.
Mig answered on November 30, 2009
Comment | 9 of 9 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
We're working on this right now, and will be presenting at the annual October Frankfurt Book Fair. The iPad will certainly be a more attractive - and interactive - platform.

Michael Freeman (the author)
Michael Freeman answered on September 8, 2010
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
How about on the iPad? Anyone tried that?
moshimoshi answered on August 22, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hi Mike,

any updates on the ipad version ? I'm holding the book purchase (and the iPad :D) for now
Chan answered on September 30, 2010

A
It will be presented by the publishers at the Frankfurt Book Fair next week - that's a trade fair, basically - and depending on reactions they'll then get started on completing it. Not sure about the time frame after that, but will definitely post the launch when we know.
Michael Freeman answered on September 30, 2010

A
. . .but don't hold off on the iPad!
JBCinSD answered on October 5, 2010

A
Personally I'm very keen on it, and I'm pretty confident that there will be a version soon. Practically, it's handled by my my publishers, who are also the developers for the version. Seems it's not exactly a one-click solution! Major effort needed to make a book work interactively. But you're right, and I'm on the case. Meanwhile, in the world of paper, the sequel to The Photographer's Eye, called the Photographer's Mind (best body part we could think of), is scheduled for publication this month.....
Michael Freeman answered on October 6, 2010

A
Mr. Freeman, Do you have a version formatted for the IPad yet? I'm interested in purchasing but noticed this discussion.
Indigo answered on February 17, 2011

A
Probably not what you would expect from the author, but my advice is don't buy the current Kindle version. Within the month (I can;t be more specific, because it depends now on the Apple approval procedure which is unconscionably long), there will be a new iPad app version. We've put a lot of work into this, and have added audio and video, and it's how it should be.

Michael Freeman
Michael Freeman answered on February 22, 2011

A
Thanks...I appreciate the prompt and frank advice.
Indigo answered on February 22, 2011
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›

See all questions about this product