5.0 out of 5 stars If you have an X10, you should have this book!
Published on May 9, 2012 by Concerned About Movies

3.0 out of 5 stars Book need review on some pages.
I looked the Amazon preview of the book. And some pages needs to be reviwed.

If you see pages like page 82 and page 84, appear to be written for Cannon Power Shot S100. You can see on the letter head the title "PHOTOGRAPHER'S GUIDE TO THE CANNON POWERSHOT S100".
Published on August 6, 2012 by Jaime Ospina

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have an X10, you should have this book!, May 9, 2012
This review is from: Photographer's Guide to the Fujifilm X10 (Paperback)
Having decided to buy a more sophisticated camera I purchased my Fujifilm X10 almost as soon as it came out, and when I opened the box I immediately studied the included owner's manual. Like most company-written manuals it quickly explained the camera's settings but, like most company manuals, it didn't give any suggestions about which settings were considered "standard" and which should only be chosen for a particular situation. It just explained what each function and setting did. (The manual was actually written better than most, but it tended to overwhelm me with unnecessary details before I understood the camera's basic functions and controls.) After setting up my camera and taking many, many photos I felt a bit frustrated that I never really achieved the results I felt I should get from such a camera. There's no doubt that this is an amazing camera, and I felt that the photos I took with it should be consistently outstanding. But to be honest, my photos seemed to be about the same quality as I had achieved with my cheaper point-and-shoot cameras.

Then I purchased this book. Wow! After reading the first few pages I realized that I hadn't chosen the correct settings for my needs; hadn't downloaded the newest Firmware update (the author tells you how); and never realized what I could do with this incredible camera. This book has been a revelation! Reading it is like having one of the designers from the Fujifilm camera factory sit down with you and slowly but methodically explain the camera's functions one by one. The author, Alexander White, tells you what settings to use if you just want to snap vacation photos, and what to do if you want to utilize the camera's advanced functions. The book is clearly thought out, written in a pleasant, conversational style, and well illustrated. If you have a Fujifilm X10, you will be doing yourself a great disservice if you don't purchase this book. My only complaint --- I wish the book were spiral-bound so it would lay flat while I am trying to both read and fiddle with my camera at the same time. I also wish the book had been printed on glossy paper so the color illustrations would be a little crisper --- but that's a very minor complaint.

This is the author's ninth book in his "Photographer's Guide" series, and I believe all of his books are self-published.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Camera--Best Book, June 7, 2012
This review is from: Photographer's Guide to the Fujifilm X10 (Paperback)
I've been a professional photographer for over 40 years, starting with 5X7 b&w sheet film and now working with digital. I was looking for the best small camera to carry at all times everywhere, and after much online research bought the Fujifilm X10. I have not been disappointed.

However, even though the X10 came with a pretty good instruction book, it still left many questions unanswered--and the same questions also went unanswered on the Internet. For instance, can you use exposure compensation in the EXR mode? When using EXR (which is one of the main reasons to buy this camera), what are the best settings to use? Is Program Mode better than the EXR mode? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?

The author answers all of these questions in clear English, all accompanied by photographs to illustrate his descriptions and explanations, and (important) a good table of contents and index.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for the X20 as well, October 19, 2013
Tuscanwino (Western North Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Photographer's Guide to the Fujifilm X10 (Paperback)
Having purchased an X20 and found the Fuji manual adequate but lacking, I decided to try this book in the hopes of more than a little application to the X20. First of all, this is a complete, easy-to-understand, well illustrated guide to the X10. I have gone through this book page-by-page with my X20 in hand, twirling knobs and fooling with the menus. In my opinion, it is 90% applicable to the X20. BTW, I am not 'an enthusiast'--whatever that means--just a guy who owns one camera at a time and takes photos.

3.0 out of 5 stars Book need review on some pages., August 6, 2012
I looked the Amazon preview of the book. And some pages needs to be reviwed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easier than the manual, January 28, 2013
Great book for X10 newbies, helped me alot! Wished there would have been more suggested settings and discussion of each

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful book for using the Fujifilm X10, September 1, 2012
This book is exactly what the title says - a guide to the X10. The X10 is a very complex camera, with many different settings and menus. The manual provided by Fuji gives a cursory description of each item, but there is virtually no discussion as to how the function should be used. Alexander White, in his book, discusses the functions in detail, and explains how their use translates into actual photographs, for which he provides examples. As the title indicates, these photographs are in B & W, so it is not possible to see any colour rendering. However, the B & W edition is significantly cheaper than the version with colour reproductions, and Mr. White indicates that he will send copies of the full colour exemplary photographs upon email request.

The book is very well written and so is easy to read and explains clearly how each feature of the camera is used. So far it has answered all my questions. I would strongly recommend this book to anyone who has bought or is intending to buy the X10, especially for those people who are not very experienced photographers.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a must have, July 3, 2012
G. Whiteley "Geoff" (Sydney, NSW Australia) - See all my reviews
I'm really impressed with my Fuji X10, even more so since I downloaded this book. The user manual that comes with the camera is a comprehensive guide to the switches, buttons and software options, however, explanation of how/when to use the powerful capabilities is missing. The book explains everything, is easy to follow and opens doors to capabilities that don't even rate a mention in the Fuji manual. If you have this camera and enjoy using your camera's full power, buy the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent and necessary guide., July 2, 2012
This review is from: Photographer's Guide to the Fujifilm X10 (Paperback)
I will not repeat content of other reviewers of this excellent guide to the Fujifilm X-10 camera, a compact that is sadly let down somewhat by a sometimes unclear user manual. Alexander S.White has done users a favour with this highly informative but equally importantly, easy-to-use illustrated guide. It is well worth its price as it helps one navigate the camera's many features to maximise efficient us of the feature-packed X-10. Well done!

5.0 out of 5 stars I purchased the Photographer's Guide to the Fujifilm X10 on ..., August 4, 2014
This review is from: Photographer's Guide to the Fujifilm X10 (Paperback)
I purchased the Photographer's Guide to the Fujifilm X10 on the recommendation of another Fujifilm X10 owner. The Guide goes far beyond the instructions that come with the camera in providing in depth instructions on getting the utmost performance out of the X10. There is a black and white guide but this is the guide with colored photographs which visually enhances the ease of understanding the complexities of the camera. This Guide gives so many additional tips on making the most of the camera it will be a constant referral for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for x10 owners, May 7, 2012
Arno Vosk "avosk" (Williamsport, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Photographer's Guide to the Fujifilm X10 (Paperback)
If you own a Fuji x10 and intend to use it as anything more than a big, heavy point and shoot, you need this book. The x10 has some sophisticated and unique functions, and while its menus are logical, they are complicated and not everything is easy to remember. You can learn all about the x10 by spending hours on the forums, or you can read this book. It's written in a clear, straightforward, friendly style. The author starts at an elementary level and works up to the complex. Beginners can read everything; more advanced photographers can pick up wherever. This isn't a book for your gadget bag--it's a little too heavy. But if you're spending $500+ for a camera, it is a worthwhile investment if you want to learn how really to use its features. Disclaimer: I was a pre-publication reviewer of the book. I liked it then and like it now. And no, I didn't get any money (and don't get a commission either!).

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Photographer's Guide to the Fujifilm X10
Photographer's Guide to the Fujifilm X10 by Alexander S. White (Paperback - April 8, 2012)
$29.95
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.
Rate and Discover Movies