5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have for the Nikon P510 Owner
Published on July 23, 2012 by Marvin

2.0 out of 5 stars Common Sense
I guess if you had never touched or even seen a camera before, this book might come in handy. But it just gives basic information on the camera. I kind of feel like its just the users guide that came with the camera written all over again in different words. It did not tell me anything about the camera I didnt already know just by looking at it and messing with it for...
Published 18 months ago by DebbieJones

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have for the Nikon P510 Owner, July 23, 2012
This review is from: Photographer's Guide to the Nikon Coolpix P510 (Paperback)
In my opinion reading "The Photographer's Guide to the Nikon CoolPix P510" is a must for any Nikon P510 owner. The book is easy to read and extremely clear in delivery. One read through it and you will improve your photography using the Nikon P510 by leaps and bounds. As I read the book I found myself making adjustments to my camera that improved my photographs in many different situations. There were settings explained in the book that I may have stumbled across at some point in the future. Having that information now rather than later really lets you advance your programming and start producing quality photos a lot quicker. The Nikon P510 is a beautiful camera that can give you great photos across a wide spectrum from macros to zooming in on distant objects. This book will walk you through the the cameras settings giving you clear and precise steps as well as some good tips across that full spectrum. I believe this book is one that every skill level can profit from. I can say without hesitation "If you own a Nikon P510 you should own this book!".

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Instruction Book EVER!!!, July 24, 2012
This review is from: Photographer's Guide to the Nikon Coolpix P510 (Paperback)
Marvin's review says it all. If you are the proud owner of the new Nikon Coolpix P510, you should have this book. It should actually be part of the camera package when you buy the camera. I have read this book cover to cover. It is an easy read. Adjectives that come to mind - clear, concise, comprehensive, interesting. Whether new to digital cameras or an experienced photographer, this book is extremely beneficial. Mr. White does an outstanding job explaining every feature on the camera, and gives clear, concise step-by-step directions to use each one. Why have such a powerful digital camera if you are not at least aware of and know how to use the features? So, buy the book, get out that camera, and let the fun begin. I love my new camera, and I LOVE Mr. White's book, which has helped me get the most out of it!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Basic yet thorough., November 26, 2012
This review is from: Photographer's Guide to the Nikon Coolpix P510 (Paperback)
This is a good basic book on every feature of the P510. It is thorough, yet it is written for the beginner. The author includes straightforward descriptions of virtually every button and menu item as well as a lot of good examples of how the various features could be used. If you are looking for lots of creative ideas on how to take great portraits, or stunning landscapes, then this isn't the book for you. If, however, you are seeking to become well acquainted with the function of every feature so that you can exercise your own creativity, or at least gain competence in operating this feature-laden camera, then click that "order" button. One example that comes to mind is the subtle but important distinction made between the vibration reduction feature and the motion detection feature. The illustrations are useful if not inspiring.

5.0 out of 5 stars A REQUIRED COMPANION, October 9, 2012
This review is from: Photographer's Guide to the Nikon Coolpix P510 (Paperback)
I was inbetween Nikon DSLRs and needed a compact as a backup and selected a CoolPix P510. It is a sophisticaed compact that has a multitude of options that are not adequately covered by the Nikon instructions. I selected White's Guide to the Nikon CoolPix P510 and have tossed the Nikon guide. This guide is absolutely essential to the P510 owner who wants to take advantage of the options of this great compact camera. It is perfectly organized and the full color Figures facilitates learning how to set up the camera for a myriad of effects. I consider it a perfect match with the camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Instructional Book, October 4, 2012
The book is easy to read, detailed enough to answer many of your questions and basically fun to use. The Kindle edition works well and the numerious links within the book are all active. Well worth the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Supplement for the Nikon Manual, December 22, 2012
I read the Nikon manual and then ordered this guide on kindle. The guide is very user friendly and provided enough additional information that it was well worth the purchase. The kindle version is much less expensive than the hard copy. I would suggest purchasing the kindle version unless you have some real need for a hard copy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Designed to get the best out of your Coolpix P510, September 25, 2012
This book is an excellent guide, designed to teach you from the very basics to the most complex functions of your Coolpix P510. It uses comprehensible terms and it really makes you want to read more. Its the type of book where you need to have your camera by your side to experience as you read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read!, August 26, 2012
This review is from: Photographer's Guide to the Nikon Coolpix P510 (Paperback)
After buying the Nikon P510, my first non-point-&-shoot camera, I was totally confused with the myriad of settings, menus, and options! This book is fast becoming my "best friend" in learning to use my new camera to it's fullest! Lots of hints and suggestions on how to negotiate the menus, etc. This is not a one-sitting read! It needs to be read, reread, pages marked, underlined, dogeared and returned to often! Thank you to Alexander S. White for the invaluable help this book has given me!

5.0 out of 5 stars very good book to have!, September 29, 2013
I think that if you buy this camera you should buy this book because it tells you everything you need to know to take great pictures with this camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars This book is worth treasuring, September 24, 2013
This review is from: Photographer's Guide to the Nikon Coolpix P510 (Paperback)
I would recommend this book to any aspiring photographer, novice or someone desirous of understanding the Nikon Coolpix P510 many shades better than what the official manual seeks to provide. Alexander White is excellent in his communication skills and is able to make things a lot easier for amateurs like me.

Photographer's Guide to the Nikon Coolpix P510
Photographer's Guide to the Nikon Coolpix P510 by Alexander S. White (Paperback - July 10, 2012)
Used & New from: $27.95