5.0 out of 5 stars The new Nikon coolpix super zoom bridge camera
I bought this camera a few weeks ago to use when my arthritis is too bad to use my lovely Nikon SLR and it's heavy 200mm zoom and other lenses. I have not felt limited or disappointed in either the new camera or this book. I love both!

Published 14 months ago by Emerald

3.0 out of 5 stars GOOD BUT NEEDS WORK
I have had a lot of fun with it. I was able to do a lot with it without too much trouble. The book should cover the software a little better. A few recommendations as to what software to use would be helpful for novices like me.
Published 15 months ago by HOWARD BROWN

5.0 out of 5 stars The new Nikon coolpix super zoom bridge camera, September 12, 2013

The book has explained some things I couldn't quite work out and even now I am conversant with the camera I still find it useful. I really suggest anyone who is going to buy the camera or already has to also buy this book. Of course the camera comes with a users manual but I still find I use this book more than I do the manual as it is written more simply so that it is easier to follow. But more advanced photographers will still find it useful too to get the best from their new Coolpix.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource, easy to understand, October 16, 2013
This review is from: Photographer's Guide to the Nikon Coolpix P520 (Paperback)
I bought a P520 to take on a vacation trip to Italy, but was disappointed with the guide from Nikon. White's book answered all my questions in text that was clear, complete and easy to understand. I packed it in my gear bag and used it as a quick reference through Italy, and came home with hundreds of great photos, some taken under less-than-ideal conditions. It's an excellent resource and a great companion to a supurb camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource!, June 6, 2013
This review is from: Photographer's Guide to the Nikon Coolpix P520 (Paperback)
I just received this book a few days ago. I have only looked at it in a general sort of way. But from what I see this book will be a big help and resource whenever I have questions about my Coolpix P520. And the information is presented in a way that even a "serious armature" photographer can understand. It is so much more helpful than the Owner's Manual that came with the camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars You must have this book!!!, March 19, 2014
MJSSXM (Saint Martin, French West Indies) - See all my reviews
It is a must have to unlock all the tricks and traps that Nikon left out. The book is so well written and well organized and misses nothing. If only I had seen the accessories appendix before the camera reached. I would have bought some extras, because the author has tested a a lot of third party add-ons that work well.

This book should be sold with the camera, it's that good. Instead of spending hours trying to make sense of the 10 page quick start and the detailed manual on CD, that came with the camera, I was up and running using it like a a pro in no time. The author Alexander S. White has written a great book. You will miss out so much if you don't buy this Kindle book

4.0 out of 5 stars Good guide!, September 15, 2013
Good and helpful guide for use of this camera. Much more detailed than the manual. Lots of good tips and sample photos!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and necessary book for incredible camera, September 6, 2013
This review is from: Photographer's Guide to the Nikon Coolpix P520 (Paperback)
The Nikon P520 is an amazing camera which pretty much does every thing my larger cameras do and also gives me more telephoto range than my very large lens.It is a little complicated and the book is much clearer and easier to understand than the Nikon PDF instructions!

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written Guide with examples to supplement User Guide, June 23, 2013
This review is from: Photographer's Guide to the Nikon Coolpix P520 (Paperback)
What the manual lacked in providing examples for various features of this versatile camera, this book has fulfilled. Well written with explanations of different functions and controls. Has described what all the settings and controls available in different modes.
Only suggestion is that all these descriptive text could have been consolidated as a table or appendix so that it can be used as a reference instead of reading those on different pages again and again when need arises.
Raja Ramalingam.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book!, December 18, 2013
This review is from: Photographer's Guide to the Nikon Coolpix P520 (Paperback)
I really liked this book. We used this book and a one hour class fromour local photo shop. The combination of the two has really helped us learn how to use the camera.

What I like is that I can find everything very easily. So, some items are just right for us. I read the entire book, and there are some features that we will never use - but I did not feel talked down to or snubbed becuase I am not ever going to be a "manual" camera user.

I recommend this - especially for someone who wants to go past point and shoot "auto" settings but not necessarily all the way to full "manual." The camera has a LOT of features you can use in between.

5.0 out of 5 stars You Need This Book to Really Know Your P520, November 27, 2013
This review is from: Photographer's Guide to the Nikon Coolpix P520 (Paperback)
Everything you need to know to get the most from this Nikon camera. Easy to understand, well-written and profusely illustrated, I've purchased both this hard copy plus a Kindle version for my tablet (which usually goes on trips with me, too).

4.0 out of 5 stars A useful publication, August 31, 2013
Seems like a pretty good "Idiot's guide", with enough detail to expand greatly upon the Nikon manual, but not so much as to overwhelm the average non-pro user.

I have found it very helpful.

Photographer's Guide to the Nikon Coolpix P520
Photographer's Guide to the Nikon Coolpix P520 by Alexander S. White (Paperback - May 1, 2013)
$24.95 $24.77