5.0 out of 5 stars A Stand Up Product
This was a surprisingly good purchase. The backdrop stand is quite stable for a portable appliance (I have routinely taken mine up to 8 feet with no fear of tip-over). The height is easily adjustable with twist release clamps.

Published on January 18, 2012 by InHisHand

Published 15 months ago by S. M. SHEA-BRESSETTE

5.0 out of 5 stars A Stand Up Product, January 18, 2012
This review is from: ePhoto Photography Video Backdrop Background Heavy Duty Support Stand with Case for Chromakey or Muslin by ePhotoInc H30 (Electronics)

The length of the center bar can be set at about 5 feet by using just two sections, almost 8 feet with three sections, and about 10 feet when all four are installed. At 10 feet across I have draped two muslins for no-wait backdrop changes, I just have the model move five feet to the side.

A bonus is the high quality protective carry case. There is an individual pocket for everything in the kit, and possibly room for a single backdrop cloth (I use a separate bag for my backdrops). The only thing missing here is a shoulder strap for the carry case.

A word of common sense: this is a portable stand for muslins and works well for my home and road studio, but I doubt it would hold up well for the rigors of industrial professional studio work.

I am pleased as I can be with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Frame, February 2, 2012
The frame is sturdy and easily adjustable, which is what I was looking for. I had no issues with setting up and taking it down. The carry case is makes it easy to store and it is all light weight, which is great, since I am portal photographer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor customer service, defective product and after months have not sent replacement., April 22, 2013
Poor service. contacted amazon after giving ephotoninc about 8 tries to correct this problem. delivered with a broken leg and cannot use. company said they sou send a replacement, when months have passed i opened a case with amazon and their resolution was for me to send it back...they would credit me $5.00 for shipping. Well i would have to find a very large long narrow box or bring to a mailing service that would have charged me $10 for the box and then ship it for another $20. so for the bother of running around and traveling to places to package and mail i will eat the cost of the stand. too bad would have ordered another one if they stood by their product. again another co that is just poorly rated. (this is the first time i have left a negative review, so this is not common) i don't usually write reviews but angry enough to spend the time. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY as if you have any problems your'e out of luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good for it's price, February 23, 2014
I have to say at first I didn't know if I wanted to purchase this kit because of some of the reviews about it being broken fresh out the box but decided to take a chance on it. I have to say it was a reasonable price and I had no problem with it at all when I got mine in the mail so I give it 5 stars because mine came in the mail with everything in tact, they work just fine for me and I have yet to have a problem with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great drapery hanger!, November 22, 2013
Wonderful to use as a backdrop for our preacher. Very sturdy and holds up well with constant breaking down and setting up.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for the money, April 5, 2013
I wasn't expecting a top notch product for the money, but it's a good value for the money. It arrived with a broken piece; I contacted Amazon, and would have had to send the entire item back when I only needed a sleeve for the extension rods. Amazon sent me a return shipping label for if I wasn't happy with the vendors response to asking for a replacement piece.
The vendor, after several calls, responded and asked me to take a picture of the broken piece and email to him so he could send a replacement piece, which he did promptly. This will suffice until I start doing more shoots to justify buying something heavier duty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I expected, February 11, 2012
S.H. (Phenix City, AL United States) - See all my reviews
Nice quality and sturdy, exactly what I expected. Easy to setup and easy to adjust the height and width. Easily Folds up into a convenient and compact carrying case. I'm very happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product with extremely fast shipping!, January 20, 2012
It works great, is strong and sturdy. Shipping was extremely fast. I would definitely recommend this to anyone. Great company.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprised at the quality., May 7, 2014
I bought this after extensive research. There is a wide variety in cost when it comes to these support stands, and usually I like to buy the most expensive item I can afford (with fingers crossed that cost is equated with quality). In this case, however, I decided that since I was mostly going to use this in a studio I had some play in terms of quality. I was only going to set it up once, and then leave it set up. As such, I figured I could start cheap, and make it work regardless of quality. If it was too bad, I could always buy another more expensive support system. Imagine my surprise when this showed up at my studio. The supports were nicely stored in a carrying bag, and were realitivly high quality. The stands are air dampened and are easy to adjust. Needless to say, I was very impressed with the two stands. I was a little disappointed in the four section support bar. When you put all the sections together, it is long, and therefore there is slight drooping in the middle. By slight, I mean perhaps two inches. Obviously, I frame my photos so that you can't see the top of the backdrop but the droop is annoying. Also the support bar is relatively thin, and while it supports a 9 X 12 Westcott backdrop with no problem, it doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. Despite this weakness, I was very happy with my purchase. I could have spent significantly more money and gotten a product not much different from this one. It has held up through more than a few studio shoots, and while I've never packed it up and brought it on location, I am quite sure that I could with no problems. I was so pleased with this system, in fact, that I actually ordered a second one in order to set up a second "shooting bay" in my studio. This makes "two-background shoots" quicker and easier, and allows more time shooting the client and less time messing around with backdrops!

5.0 out of 5 stars I was a little concerned about the quality based on the price but i was not dissapointed...Great value, September 10, 2013
I am using a 10ft backdrop so I have the full length in and it does not sag and is very sturdy. Great price, Great value. Was no my doorstep in 2 Days!

Rate and Discover Movies