Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on January 18, 2012
This was a surprisingly good purchase. The backdrop stand is quite stable for a portable appliance (I have routinely taken mine up to 8 feet with no fear of tip-over). The height is easily adjustable with twist release clamps.

The length of the center bar can be set at about 5 feet by using just two sections, almost 8 feet with three sections, and about 10 feet when all four are installed. At 10 feet across I have draped two muslins for no-wait backdrop changes, I just have the model move five feet to the side.

A bonus is the high quality protective carry case. There is an individual pocket for everything in the kit, and possibly room for a single backdrop cloth (I use a separate bag for my backdrops). The only thing missing here is a shoulder strap for the carry case.

A word of common sense: this is a portable stand for muslins and works well for my home and road studio, but I doubt it would hold up well for the rigors of industrial professional studio work.

I am pleased as I can be with this product.
11 comment| 77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 16, 2014
I like the setup - but like what other buyers have pointed out...

1. It does sag in the middle. I use a CowboyStudio muslin backdrop and it's very light. But it still sags
2. I've used the setup 3 times, and one of the nut/bolt thingies has already broken through the plastic. It is very light-duty. At my last event, I had to use light-duty duct tape on the stand to keep it from sliding down.

Pros.
- It's friggin tall!! Taller than I expected. You don't have to do that weird thing with the base legs to get that last foot at the top... I shoot pictures of belly dancers and sometimes they use props called isis wings, which extend about 3 feet from their hands... and so when they pose holding the wings straight up - I still have backdrop behind the tips.

If I had the budget - I would skip these item for the more expensive $200 set... but like many, I have a wife, this is a hobby and until this hobby starts paying for itself - just realize that budget products will have shortcomings.. but you can always find a way to work around it.
on May 7, 2014
I bought this after extensive research. There is a wide variety in cost when it comes to these support stands, and usually I like to buy the most expensive item I can afford (with fingers crossed that cost is equated with quality). In this case, however, I decided that since I was mostly going to use this in a studio I had some play in terms of quality. I was only going to set it up once, and then leave it set up. As such, I figured I could start cheap, and make it work regardless of quality. If it was too bad, I could always buy another more expensive support system. Imagine my surprise when this showed up at my studio. The supports were nicely stored in a carrying bag, and were realitivly high quality. The stands are air dampened and are easy to adjust. Needless to say, I was very impressed with the two stands. I was a little disappointed in the four section support bar. When you put all the sections together, it is long, and therefore there is slight drooping in the middle. By slight, I mean perhaps two inches. Obviously, I frame my photos so that you can't see the top of the backdrop but the droop is annoying. Also the support bar is relatively thin, and while it supports a 9 X 12 Westcott backdrop with no problem, it doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. Despite this weakness, I was very happy with my purchase. I could have spent significantly more money and gotten a product not much different from this one. It has held up through more than a few studio shoots, and while I've never packed it up and brought it on location, I am quite sure that I could with no problems. I was so pleased with this system, in fact, that I actually ordered a second one in order to set up a second "shooting bay" in my studio. This makes "two-background shoots" quicker and easier, and allows more time shooting the client and less time messing around with backdrops!
on February 2, 2012
The frame is sturdy and easily adjustable, which is what I was looking for. I had no issues with setting up and taking it down. The carry case is makes it easy to store and it is all light weight, which is great, since I am portal photographer.
on April 22, 2013
Poor service. contacted amazon after giving ephotoninc about 8 tries to correct this problem. delivered with a broken leg and cannot use. company said they sou send a replacement, when months have passed i opened a case with amazon and their resolution was for me to send it back...they would credit me $5.00 for shipping. Well i would have to find a very large long narrow box or bring to a mailing service that would have charged me $10 for the box and then ship it for another $20. so for the bother of running around and traveling to places to package and mail i will eat the cost of the stand. too bad would have ordered another one if they stood by their product. again another co that is just poorly rated. (this is the first time i have left a negative review, so this is not common) i don't usually write reviews but angry enough to spend the time. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY as if you have any problems your'e out of luck!
on February 23, 2014
I have to say at first I didn't know if I wanted to purchase this kit because of some of the reviews about it being broken fresh out the box but decided to take a chance on it. I have to say it was a reasonable price and I had no problem with it at all when I got mine in the mail so I give it 5 stars because mine came in the mail with everything in tact, they work just fine for me and I have yet to have a problem with them.
on April 5, 2013
I wasn't expecting a top notch product for the money, but it's a good value for the money. It arrived with a broken piece; I contacted Amazon, and would have had to send the entire item back when I only needed a sleeve for the extension rods. Amazon sent me a return shipping label for if I wasn't happy with the vendors response to asking for a replacement piece.
The vendor, after several calls, responded and asked me to take a picture of the broken piece and email to him so he could send a replacement piece, which he did promptly. This will suffice until I start doing more shoots to justify buying something heavier duty.
on March 18, 2013
I bought this several months ago and have been using it at my shoots and I love it! It goes together in minutes and is nice and sturdy. I saw another reviewer's comments that said it was flimsy and fell apart. They must have received a defective one because this is not flimsy, nor does it fall apart. I have draped multiple backdrops on mine so that I could "peel them off" as the shooting sequence progressed. It is very portable and not heavy to carry. Good stand for the money, for sure!
on August 9, 2014
The stand is surprisingly robust though so far I have only used it with 2 or 3 of the top sections but it has supported up to 3 heavy backdrops at one time. I find it time consuming threading the poles through the top pockets on the backdrops (and the support stands tend to move when pulling the backdrops across to change them when attached in this way) so I just attach the backdrops using muslin clamps http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005CRKZOM/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 which also allows me to stretch the backdrops taught and minimize any creases in the fabric.
on November 22, 2013
Wonderful to use as a backdrop for our preacher. Very sturdy and holds up well with constant breaking down and setting up.