Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX100V 16.2 MP Exmor R CMOS Digital Still Camera with Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar 30x Optical Zoom Lens and Full HD 1080 Video
Used & New from: $219.99
Photos Seem Too Red On Display Screen The few pictures I've taken so far are superior quality but some pictures seem to be excessively red when viewed on display screen of the camera. Is there a particular cause for this phenomenon? I just started using the camera 2 days ago, but didn't get the Manual with it because the bearer (a friend) mistakenly left it behind, this I'm unable to read up about the camera.
asked by Peter Gordon on August 8, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 answers
A
1. Although I haven't experienced it, the "excessively red" phenomena has been discussed a lot in "Sony Talk" forum at DPREVIEW website: Search for the term "oversaturation," at either dpreview or Google it (both lead to the same discussion thread: currently 50 entries).

2. The "Manual" that you referenced is merely a starter version, with little useful info (only 20 pages in English); instead, the "User Guide" is really extensive, and comes on CD with all HX100's inside the BOX. You can also access the online version of the CD (and save it to your computer), via Google search: "Sony HX100v user guide" (select the .pdf version, as most easily readable). It's 274 pages, but convenient to save to desktop and access as you need it: Read it in small chunks, practicing with the camera, and reading some more...I've read the .pdf version twice, and still refer to it.

My best advice is to read the vast number of discussions at dpreview, in the "Sony Talk" forum, to LEARN from the largest collection of online owners of the HX100v: I read it daily for info on use of features, and to see photo examples of what others can do with this camera. The really avid new owner will go to the trouble of searching waaay back in Sony Talk, to discussion pages in June or early July, when the camera was still new...and vast numbers of discussions focussed on specific camera features. Think of it this way: Most everything that an HX100v newby faces has already been discussed at length at dpreview!
A customer answered on August 9, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›