4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT FOR DUMMIES, NOT SO MUCH FOR PROS
I'm a big fan of the "Dummies" books. I find them concise with simple design and layout, and a logical flow from the most basic of information to the more complex aspects of the subject. Even if I know a program well, I find the Dummies books will usually deliver a nugget or two that makes them worth the price of admission. The same pretty much holds true for this book...
Published on July 25, 2012 by KWJ

3.0 out of 5 stars Photoshop for the Advanced Beginner, NOT the Absolute Beginner
As a basic guide to Photoshop CS6, PHOTOSHOP CS6 FOR DUMMIES falls into that impractical middle ground between beginning and intermediate guide to Photoshop. Too advanced and badly organized for beginners, it likewise is not the best reference guide for highly experienced Photoshop users, because much of information contained within it is too basic. However it is most...
Published on August 18, 2012 by Tracy M

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, July 11, 2014
This review is from: Photoshop CS6 For Dummies (Paperback)
I am now an expert graphic artist. This book has facilitated my learning Photoshop CS6 XT on my own. Highly recommend for do it yourself learners!

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, May 6, 2014
It is a good reference book. Most of the normal problems can be found in it. I have tried to just read it several times, but I am never successful in that. It is worth the cost, but don't expect it to be the only book you will need. CS6 is a huge complex program. You just learn the portions of it that are necessary to do the job at hand. Then as the job changes, keep adding information.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great information, March 11, 2014
This review is from: Photoshop CS6 For Dummies (Paperback)
Great information, understandable! I use it to answer questions all the time. Easy to use and look up many tings about the program

4.0 out of 5 stars Not for dummies, January 8, 2014
This review is from: Photoshop CS6 For Dummies (Paperback)
The book is excellent in content, but requires quite a bit of understanding of Photoshop before you begin. This is not a primer, and it is definitely not for dummies.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dummies Photoshop cs6, October 26, 2013
Anthony Hounsell (Port Macquarie, N.S.W., Australia, AU) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Photoshop CS6 For Dummies (Paperback)
I liked the book but some items I found a little hard to understand. It could be me. I bought the book so that I could learn more about using the oil paint section Page 310 which is very helpful for me. I think as I read the book more my understanding of Adobe cs6 will improve. I highly recommend the book for the new learner.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginners., September 4, 2013
Bri Davis (goose creek sc) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Photoshop CS6 For Dummies (Paperback)
I purchased this book on amazon after finding it for 30$ at Barnes and Noble.
As of right now Photoshop CS6 is the newest model of Photoshop. What is Photoshop? Photoshop is a computer software that lets you edit photos that you have taken. You can also create new things like logos etc.. This book by the way does not contain the software.... It is just a guide.

This book shows you how to start to use Photoshop. It also explains to you what you are actually doing to a photo when for instance you are changing the Saturation. If you are just starting out on Photoshop or need to learn how to really guide yourself on it this book would be great.
However, if you can already change things like the contrast or re size and image then I would suggest a more advanced book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for the price, August 7, 2013
This review is from: Photoshop CS6 For Dummies (Paperback)
This book is perfect for anyone wanting to learn how to use photoshop. It's great for beginners just starting out and pros wanting to learn more. It's also easy to understand. I would definitely recommend this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely for the Beginner Like Me, July 25, 2013
This review is from: Photoshop CS6 For Dummies (Paperback)
I bought this book expecting the basic operating procedures. The book was an easy read and very informative. I'm very glad I made this purchase and would go it again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, July 23, 2013
This review is from: Photoshop CS6 For Dummies (Paperback)
I like the book. Gave great information on the Photoshop procedures. Would recommend book to others who need help in trying to figure out the process

3.0 out of 5 stars Informative, June 13, 2013
This review is from: Photoshop CS6 For Dummies (Paperback)
I recommend everyone learn their photoshop tips from YouTube tutorial or join NAPP or creative live. But the book is informative and is a pretty good read. Just not the best way to learn photoshop.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

Photoshop CS6 For Dummies
Photoshop CS6 For Dummies by Peter Bauer (Paperback - May 8, 2012)
$29.99 $19.84