From the Back Cover
- The real secrets of how the pros retouch portraits
- How to color correct any photo without breaking a sweat (you'll be amazed at how they do it!)
- How to use Camera Raw for processing not only RAW photos, but JPEGs and TIFFs, too! (And you'll learn why so many pros like it best— because it's faster and easier)
- The sharpening techniques the pros really use (there's an entire chapter just on this!)
- How to deal with common digital camera image problems, including removing noise and avoiding halos
- The most requested photographic special effects, and much more!
Although Elements 8 offers some digital photography features that Photoshop CS4 doesn't offer, there are plenty of features that Photoshop CS4 has that Elements 8 still doesn't have (things like paths, Channel Mixer, etc.). But in this book, you'll learn some slick workarounds, cheats, and some fairly ingenious ways to replicate many of those Photoshop features from right within Elements. Plus, since this book is designed for photographers, it doesn't waste your time talking about how to frame a shot, setting your exposure, etc., and there's no talk about which camera or printer to buy. It's all Elements, step-by-step, cover-to-cover, in the only book of its kind!
About the Author
Matt Kloskowski is a Photoshop guru and author of nine books on Photoshop, Elements, and Illustrator. Matt teaches Photoshop and digital photography techniques to thousands of people each year. He co-hosts the top-rated video podcast Photoshop User TV and also hosts the Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Killer Tips and Photoshop Killer Tips podcasts. He’s built a massive library of DVDs and online training courses, and writes regularly for Photoshop User magazine. Matt is an instructor at the world’s premier Photoshop event, the Photoshop World Conference & Expo, and works in Tampa, Florida, at the National Association of Photoshop Professionals.