5.0 out of 5 stars A great book if you have never used Lightroom before
Q) What's the best Lightroom (LR) book to have if you're stranded on a desert Island?

A) The one with the most pages; if you're stranded on a desert island then you'll want to use those pages for kindling.

Now, if you want to know which is the best book for helping you deal with LR then the answer is... It depends. I'll illustrate that by comparing...
Published on June 3, 2012 by Bob Tobias

3.0 out of 5 stars Book could be better written for beginners. There is a real Mistake
Revision #5

This book is somewhat inconsistent with LR4 if you are a new-be and follow all suggestions. The chapter on 'Develop' teaches about sliders and methods that if you dl his linked slides use LR3 panels. Is it possible it should NOT have given that link to the photos used in the book. For those it seems to use LR3 panels. I wonder about the 5 star...
Published on May 14, 2012 by W. Weintraub

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 429 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you again Scott, May 7, 2013
This book is so enlightening and helpful. Scott is an excellent presenter of technical material. Some books will accurately document 6 option settings, but do not provide workflow examples for why to choose one over the other. Scott not only does this but tells you what setting he uses and why.

I ordered the Kindle version first and found it was so good I ordered the hard copy as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than I thought it would be, May 4, 2013
Was expecting normally bound book, but got spiral bound which is so much easier to deal with when you need to flip back and forth or concentrate on one page. I wish more technical books were bound this way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly helpful -- and a good read!, April 10, 2013
This review is from: The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter) (Kindle Edition)
As a long-time Photoshop Elements and iPhoto user, I recently purchased Lightroom to do a better job of digital image organization and manipulation. Scott Kelby's book did a fantastic job of walking me through Lightroom in a totally logical sequence (starting with moving photos into Lightroom and setting up the organization, then moving to overall photo adjustments, localized tweaks, integration with Photoshop / PE, printing, making books, and finally overall workflow). I'd read it on my Kindle on the bus to work or on the treadmill, then try the things I'd learned on the computer. His instructions were clear and well illustrated, and did a great job of discussing WHY you'd want to do something and not just HOW to do it. His style is light-hearted, which made the reading enjoyable as well as informative. Now that I have some appreciation for all the incredible things that Lightroom can do, I realize there is no way I could begin to take advantage of its power without this book. The extra cost and time to go through this book has increased the value of the software by several orders of magnitude!

3.0 out of 5 stars fine!, March 15, 2013
I find this book useful but I don't really like the layout. I find it difficult to search for specific guidelines and instructions without reading thru all of what I consider a lot of the author's unnecessary dialoged. Maybe its just me. I do recommend this book though.

3.0 out of 5 stars good but not exhaustive, March 8, 2013
Kelby, in his corny way, does a good job explaining the Lightroom features he discusses, but many aspects of Lightroom are briefly skimmed over or skipped entirely. If you're just getting started with Lightroom this will be good to help you get the basics down. Also there are some handy presets linked to Kelby's site that are a nice bonus. However I find that some modules, such as the web module, did not have much usable info.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow the instructions, March 2, 2013
Please look at my review on The Photoshop Elements 11 book. It is well written and easy steps to learn.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent effort, as always, from Scott Kelby, February 24, 2013
As I mentioned in my review of the Lightroom FAQ book, this tutorial by Scott Kelby was another arrow in my quiver to battle Lightroom's learning curve. I wasn't new to editing in a Photoshop environment, but I quickly learned that Lightroom is a very different platform and process. Kelby's book does a good job of guiding an experienced editor through the transition from the old days to the LIghtroom ways. It's as much about "workflow" as it is about the actual editing.

The Kelby book is presented in a step-by-step manner to teach the new tricks needed for migration to Lightroom. I started with that as a guide, and then switched to the FAQ book to find quick answers. But I still refer to Kelby when entering new areas of Lightroom.

I recommend getting both books. You will keep both of them close at hand.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for Beginners, December 6, 2012
Milford Harris (Carter Lake, Iowa United States) - See all my reviews
This is the most wonderful book for beginners. I am new to LR have never used the software before. I first purchased Lightroom 4 FAQ by Victoria Bampton which is also a very very good book. I highly recommend buying this book first read it cover to cover for learning all the basics then get Victoria's book for the more advanced features in LR4. I really love Scott's book he is really a down to earth type guy easy to understand and follow along. You will not be dissappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have book if you own LR4, December 5, 2012
I can't believe that some people gave this book a law rating...it's a must have book....I have the lightroom Queen book too and love it...
I think you need both to be a LR expert
Kelby style is organized and simple to understand
It's worth every penny
I ordered his PS book as well and am sure it will be as good
Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Best instruction book I ever read., November 17, 2012
Very easy to understand for someone that's never used Lightroom 4 or earlier versions. Great colored pictures. I should have bought this book and read at least the first few pages before installing Lightroom 4. My pictures were in folders all over the place and a great many missing before I read Scott Kelby's book. After just a few minutes of easy instructions Scott had me on the right track. Next time I need an instruction book I will do a search for Scott Kelby. Thank you for a great 10 star book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 429 | Next ›