Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: PhysOrg.com - Science, Technology, Research News
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on April 26, 2015
I used to love this site. I've read it since it was physorg.com in 2004. But it's been taken over by money men that are trying to shave the candle from both ends without totally screwing the site up. They're doing a good job as few realize what they've become.

Consider: After being founded in 2004, the site became an asset of Omicron Technology, LTD (English) in 2008, when the current editor-in-chief took over (two year process finalized in 2008). Immediately after that, Omicron Technology, LTD was dissolved and moved from London to the Isle of Man. No further documents have been filed and the principals are operating an unregistered corporation that they explicitly dissolved. Immediately thereafter outbrain, adblade and taboola scam adverts started appearing on the pages and the denier trolls started showing up regularly. They've even tried to anonymize the domain name.

We don't know they aren't taking payments to allow the troll trash. I'll bet they are. No financial statements now to say one way or the other and they're offshore. Convenient. EVERY climate change article will have 25-100 trolls of the paid-by-Koch variety cutting and pasting the same old crap over and over and over...and it is never edited, deleted, or controlled in any way. When you add it all up, it's mighty suspicious. If they were still legit, why aren't they filing the required docs with Companies House? Why did they move offshore to avoid prosecution for fraud for claiming to be an active corporation that is actually a dissolved entity? And they did, because if they were still in London I'd be asking them these questions in a court of law.

The articles are still great, but you may be subsidizing a number of scams and things you find very disturbing if you continue to use the site.
on August 19, 2009
Terrific range of topics, from the latest in medicine, bacteriology, CERN, astronomy, etc. Fairly detailed (frankly the recent report on antimatter and dark matter was a bit over my head!) it is a wonderful way to keep up to date in a variety of scientific fields. More technical than science info. for the general reader, but less technical than journal articles might be, this has been an excellent way for me, as a science teacher, to keep abreast of developments, which I can integrate into my physical science class. Also useful for answering some of the more exotic questions my quiz bowl team comes up with! Articles are comprehensive but not exhaustively so. I really enjoy this blog, and look forward to it, far more than the AP science blog or the Reuters science blog, though they also have merit.
on August 3, 2009
I've been reading the [...] news feed for 4 months now and have to say I love the breadth of information provided. Over time I've read other science blogs that go into a significant amount of depth and analysis on specific subjects, but unless you live and breath that topic, over time it can get a little dreary. On the other hand [...]provides a steady stream of articles and research that cover the spectrum of scientific discovery. Each article provides enough detail to get me up to speed and provides links and references for follow-up on topics I find particularly interesting.
on January 20, 2013
Article quality is excellent, the price is good, but the Kindle feed has a problem.

The Kindle feed stores only 25 articles, but this blog publishes more than 25 articles per day! It really bugs me to lose articles and I prefer to read my Kindle periodicals once per day, not twice.

My idiosyncratic solution: I subscribed to PhysOrg.com's other five blogs and I'm going to unsubscribe to this one. My issue is that I want to read once per day, not that 25 articles per day are too many for me! Also, it looks like this blog just reprints articles from the other five blogs, anyways, so I can get all the content with 5 blog feeds rather than 6.

And I am happy to pay $5/month for Kindle feeds rather than $0/month for the free web site. Reading on Kindle fits my lifestyle better than reading on the Web. Different people can make that choice differently,

Still, a request to Amazon and the publisher: please raise the storage for this blog from 25 previous articles to 50 previous articles. That will be more than a day's worth and will make this product more subscriber-friendly.
on August 4, 2011
I am very impressed by the PhysOrg blog's Kindle version. I'm a nerd! - why did it take me until 2011 to learn that this exists?

PROs: numerous articles every day, including weekends; almost every article has an illustration; the news is VERY timely, often 1-2 days ahead of other major sci/tech news outlets - there is university research, summaries of papers in major journals, and other great stuff. The news spans many scientific disciplines, e.g. biology, semiconductors, software, astronomy. There is a LOT of good content here every day. PhysOrg totally nailed how a Kindle blog should be produced.

CONs: Actually I can't think of a single disadvantage.

I suppose one "feature request" is more of a Kindle thing than a PhysOrg thing, which is that it would be nice to be able to instantly email one of the articles to a friend who'd be interested in it. (In every daily edition, there are several articles that you'll find you want to share with science friends.)

Enjoy!

gregg
on April 10, 2012
This is an excellent blog! I love the way lots of articles come pouring in. The blog has 25 articles at a time, no more. When a new article comes in, Physorg just deletes the oldest article. Usually the articles are very intresting, though some are longer then others. They are all amazing, and I wonder how so many come in in only a day. If you`re obsessed with science, this blog`s for you!
Physorg.com is great; lots of good stuff, I guess it is a compendium of press releases and short articles, from and about scientists in many different fields.

I used to manually download articles from the Physorg.com web site to my Kindle.
It was a lot of work. (download individual article PDF's, convert PDF's using MobiPocket)

Now I can pay a low price to subscribe, and just have them automatically downloaded for me.

The content on the Kindle is basically identical to the content on the Web site, since it's nearly all just good old plain text. There are some images, which get rendered in black and white on the Kindle, and are usually rendered large enough to be at least recognizable.
on June 7, 2012
this is the best blog i have ever had and the only one . it gives detailed infoof sciences latest news like the nuclear powered off the carbon dioxide . it is awsome
on January 14, 2014
ill buy it again and again, it has the best of science and tec to inform all and is cheeper then a magesenec
on February 5, 2010
If you want up to date news on the latest tech and science happenings this blog is for you. Clear and concise, reading this blog will not only bring you current science information but improve your science knowledge in the process. An extra goodie is the wikipedia search bar you can use for terms you don't understand, I have a new arsenal of science techie jargon I would of not known before!