5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, gold standard
There is only one Hoppenfeld. For what it is, it's the best. It's all diagnosis. Not a word on treatment. But it gives a good review of not just the physical exam but also the underlying anatomy and biomechanics. Two other books are worth getting. Magee's Orthopedic Physical Assessment is a good background book to have on your shelf. It's written by a physical...
Published on June 20, 2006 by Boston Bones

3.0 out of 5 stars Physical Examination of the Spine and Extremities
This was the text we used in Physical Therapy school. As a beginning PT it was quite adequate but as an experienced PT who needs to have excellent palpation skills to differentiate various structures it lacks a great deal. My favorite books for surface anatomy are 3 books published by Aspen, Diagnosis and Treatment of the Spine, Diagnosis and Treatment of the Upper...
Published on August 25, 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, April 29, 2014
This review is from: Physical Examination of the Spine and Extremities (Hardcover)
I have been looking for this book for a while! So helpful and great reference tool for the office! It is very detailed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Book., March 14, 2014
If you need to buy your books and dont have much money to spend buying it offline is the way to go being that the book was in great condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Physical Examination of the Spine & Extremities, March 11, 2014
Physical Examination of the Spine & Extremities is an excellent resource. Thank you very much for the opportunity to rate it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exam of Spine Book, December 19, 2013
This is an old book but we'll worth the purchase to be used as a reference.Arrived in good shape in a timely manner.

5.0 out of 5 stars oldie but goodie, November 16, 2013
Even though its old, its still a great learning tool. My brother in law used it 25 years ago for med school, I am using it now for FNP program

5.0 out of 5 stars An Orthopedic Must, October 16, 2013
I have found this manual to be invaluable in day to day practice. It is a permanent part of my medical library.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great drawings, descriptions and instruction, September 19, 2013
This book goes through all joints and how to examine them properly with drawings to help any student understand what bony landmarks are meant to be palpated and manipulated. I don't practice extremity adjusting all that much in my practice, but this book will definitely put you on a good path towards understanding and performing in your own career.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Book, July 30, 2013
This book is an excellent resource and very helpful when I took Kinesiology. I highly recommend this book. Many of my classmates were jealous I had this book and they didn't.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, Classic, June 24, 2013
As a student I found this book to be an excellent supplemental text. It's simple and concise. What I appreciate most is that unlike my class text, it walks you through an exam step by step. It takes you through a logical and comprehensive exam like an orthopedics beginners guide. As student this was more helpful in developing my exam skills than a giant book of multiple conditions and tests and related anatomy like my required text.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource to have., March 22, 2013
tracey comune (franklin, nj, US) - See all my reviews
What a great book. I used this book during school and was stupid enough to sell it, once I passed the class. After graduation, I wished I hadn't sold it, so bought it again on amazon.

The book is so concise and the images help a lot. Most text books, are enormous and it takes too long to learn about a particular topic. However, with this book it gets right to the point and if you want to know more in depth info. about a topic you can look it up further in another text. This gives you the basics on a lot of phys exam findings quickly though.

Great for NBCE board reviews.

Physical Examination of the Spine and Extremities
Physical Examination of the Spine and Extremities by Stanley Hoppenfeld (Hardcover - June 5, 1976)
$131.40 $101.59