5.0 out of 5 stars Well written.
This required text is (for once!) not dry. Jarvis provides plenty of tactful sample questions to ask patients during interviews. The author takes great care to define medical terms within the text so I'm not constantly reaching for my medical dictionary. There is no glossary, but the accompanying student lab manual has one for each chapter. Text also includes so many...
Published on June 30, 2011 by Stephanie

1.0 out of 5 stars Received an obvious BOOTLEG copy
The book I received is an obvious bootleg. This rating is based on the poor quality of the material, not the content (which is mediocre but is the required text for my class). I have since looked at the actual Elsevier edition at my campus bookstore and found it to be of good quality; with well made binding and thick glossy pages and binding wrapper. Not so the one I...
Published 26 days ago by TheBeastNme

‹ Previous | 1 2 317 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars No CD with the book, June 16, 2014
This review is from: Physical Examination and Health Assessment, 6th Edition (Hardcover)
I didn't receive a CD that was suppoosed to come with the book. It would have helped with my assessments.

5.0 out of 5 stars White chair covers, December 10, 2013
The item arrived when the original order stated it would - I was hoping it would have arrived earlier - it stated that it was mailed immediately but I was surprised at how long it took to arrive - I was going to cancel and go with yet another company and pay the expedited shipping which was cheaper than this company but was hoping for the best (I had ordered with a previous company that later said they made a mistake on inventory and refunded my money) - in any event they arrived a day after I needed them - the product looks good - I opened one package - hopefully I can use them for another event - I didn't want to go through the bother of returning them

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, July 27, 2014
This was for my health assessment class. The pictures are great, they really break it down to need to know. The explanations are detailed yet easy to grasp. I'm a person who is easily confused by a wordy sentence so this book makes me happy but unlike other textbooks you can't always filter out information of this book because it's already been filtered, this entire book is relevant and very much worth the money I wish all my textbooks were so nitty gritty esp Patho.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't get it!, August 10, 2012
A. Carosi (Garwood, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
The book is really good. My review is about the e-book!
When I purchased the e-book, I thought it was going to be just like another e-book I have, which is: exactly like the printed book.
BUYERS BEWARE! This is NOT!
The pages on the e-book don't correspond to the printed pages. Whenever a professor asked us to go to a specific page number, I had to look at somebody's printed page, check chapter number, pictures in it and browse through the e-book in search for the page the professor wanted us to read from. There is an option for "search page #", but it does NOT get you to the same page as the printed book. I ended up having to buy a paper one and have to carry this big and heavy book with me despite the fact that I had already spent a lot of money on a digital version that is... s#%t! You know what I mean!
If you need this book, BUY THE PAPER VERSION! SERIOUSLY!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, January 21, 2013
I love that this is on my iPad because it is so easy to navigate, look up words and look at diagrams/figures.
Lastly, it helps with lessening the load of carrying so many nursing books.

The delivery was a bit delayed, but it was okay because I am patient and was really excited to have my first electronic book for nursing school. I was the cool kid in class.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast ship and great condition., May 4, 2013
I ordered this product two days ago and i just received it in the mail. It was a very fast ship and the book came just as described! Although i was a little disappointed to see the plastic wrap around the bottom of the book to have been opened as if someone took the book out and placed it back in, the book came in GREAT condition and was brand new. Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well organized, June 16, 2013
I am very impressed by how the chapters are organized in this book. Each chapter starts with an anatomy review. Then it has a detailed assessment section with normal findings. There is a column on the right of each page that shows abnormal findings related to each assessment technique. In the back of each chapter, there are pictures of abnormal findings.

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't count on the evolve content on this boolk, July 19, 2014
The book is good, well detailed, with many pictures . The only thing I did not appreciate is the fact that the evolve content is purely and simply empty. I mean why bother advertising about something that you already know is not even there? I would have been nice to have some content on evolve. So don't count on the evolve content if you buy this book

5.0 out of 5 stars Physical Examination, February 28, 2014
I ordered this book as required reading material for a nursing class. It was received as described and on time. It had some highlighting on some pages, but nothing that was distracting. I am renting this book and will be returned by the June due date. The Rental rate was reasonable and much better than paying the full price for the book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fancy but not useful to me, July 11, 2014
I bought this book as a requirement for my nursing class. I also bought the pocket guide. In all reality I used the pocket guide more than this text. It was wordy, confusing and in the end didn't have all the assessment data I needed, which the pocket guide did have. Would be great for someone who is a big learner from reading text books.

‹ Previous | 1 2 317 | Next ›

Physical Examination and Health Assessment, 6th Edition
Physical Examination and Health Assessment, 6th Edition by Carolyn Jarvis (Hardcover - March 30, 2011)
$125.00 $118.75