Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on June 11, 2013
As a woman in her mid-twenties, I've refrained from wearing eye make-up for over ten years. Why? It's simple... EVERYTHING burned! Hypoallergenic my a... So, yeah, I just recently started doing research on the best eyeliner out there for EXTREMELY sensitive eyes. What's better? Kohl pencils? Liquid? Gel? Shadow? Pixie dust? Afterwards, I ended up researching brands from the expensive (e.g. Clinique, Urban Decay, MAC, etc.) to cheaper drugstore ones (e.g. L'Oreal, Maybelline, Physicians Formula, etc.). After hours upon hours of watching YouTube review videos (perhaps a couple hours dedicated to funny "fail" videos) and reading online reviews, I finally decided to chance it all and try the PF gel cream liner.

I've struck gold, people... Gold, I say!

First of all (most importantly), it didn't burn my eyes (even when applied to the waterline. YAY!). Second, it was sooooo easy to apply (I don't have the steadiest of hands). And third (the cake in my book), it didn't smudge! Ah, a triad of greatness. I'm so happy, I could cry.

Needless to say, I'm completely sold on PF and will definitely buy more of their products. It's that awesome.
VINE VOICEon July 2, 2011
Have used pencil liners for years and they would fade within a few hours, especially in warmer humid weather. Tried liquid liners but could never control the applicator well and it always turned out a mess. I read about these gel liners and their staying power so I thought I'd give the Physicians Formula version a try. Found it at my local CVS for sale (about $4 off) so it was a bargain.

I am really impressed with how long this stays on. Basically, after a full day of wear, it's almost all still there with just a tiny bit of fading. I find the brush that comes with it really good too. I can get a straight neat line as long as I am careful. They recommend that you wipe the brush with a tissue after every use, but I moisten the tissue first with makeup brush cleaner just to be sure to get it clean every time. I made my own cheaply with just a few common ingredients (such as baby shampoo and rubbing alcohol) using a recipe I got from You Tube.

The gel liners are not as convenient or quick as using pencils, but the tradeoffs are well worth it. I'm now a convert for life to gel liners, and am so happy with the Physicians Formula version that I don't feel the need to try the pricier gel/cream brands from MAC, Bobbi Brown, or Clinique. I only wish Physicians Formula would just sell the colors singly. I bought the one for brown eyes, and I only use the black color. I don't anticipate ever using the other two shades.

One thing to note is that contrary to what another reviewer wrote, these little pots do come apart and you can carry or store them separately without them drying out. Basically, the base of each pot is indented and the top of each pot snaps into the indentation. When pulled apart, each pot still has its own cover.
on June 14, 2012
I love this product! I have hazel eyes so I purchased the one for my eye color. Beautiful colors, long lasting. I swatched them on my hand and I washed my makeup brushes, did the dishes, took a shower, then feed my rabbit. The colors were still bright and vibrant!
It says water resistant, but I think it's water proof! The brush it came with is big so I used my sephora I.T. Angled eyeliner brush and it's wonderful. Highly recommended. Well done pf.
on September 17, 2014
When I got these they were completely dried out and unusable. Come to find out, this particular product was discontinued and these were probably long expired. I was able to save them by re-hydrating them with eyedrops but still. Not worth my time or effort at all. They still don't work well.
on April 5, 2012
I just got the brown eyes set today and right out of the pot with the attached brush I got a really nice and crisp winged eye. I have shaky hands and I've never succeeded in a clean line before, so I'm really happy that this glides so easily without tugging my eyelids and that the brush is thin and sturdy enough to make a winged angle without any expertise on my part. Also wearing it for a couple hours now and it still looks great. Just mind yourself that the caps are twist tops even though they look like legos. ^-^;
on December 22, 2014
I love Physicians Formula make up. I was extremely excited to receive the this item - it is in the GLAM Gel Cream Eyeliner for Green Eyes. I love my Green Eyes and I actually use little make-up, but I love to enhance my Green Eyes. This product went on very well and did exactly what it said it would. However, I gave it only 4 stars because it started to flake (small flakes) into my eyes which was very irritating. I guess I need to find out if there is anything I can do for that. This was only the Green on this.I don't know if it needs to be moistened or what. Also, the brush that comes with it is a very good brush, but I ended up using a smaller brush because I wanted a 'finer' line. However, overall this is a GREAT addition to my Physicians Formula makeup.
on May 15, 2016
I used to buy this shadows in the local pharmacy, but now they discontinued them. I wish they would not. This particular shadow stays on you even longer than the bake shadows from the same company. I use them when I know I have a lot of activity during the day and need my make up stay fresh all day. Easily removable with regular make up remover. Love this product!
on April 11, 2011
I got the trio for hazel eyes. I think it is a great deal because you get 3 eyeliners in one setting (and cream/gel liners are not usually cheap). I love the brown color! It looks matte, but if you look really close it has very subtle gold flecks in it. I think this is meant to bring out the green. The black color is nice for afternoon/dramatic looks. It is just black with purple glitter flecks (not too many, but enough and they're big enough to notice with a decently close look).

Anyway, I really like these liners because they STAY PUT. I absolutely hate leaky liners, bit this is nice. It only smudges a tincy bit after all-day wear. I like that it goes on softly. That is another nice thing about cream liners in general. No tugging (unless you mess up! Which you'd then have to rub it good to get it off).

I docked a star because 1: The middle (pinky) color is absolutely ugly. I even wore it with a dress that "matched" that color. Nothing. You could hardly tell I was wearing liner at all and then when you got up closer, it just looked...wrong. I don't like it at all. 2: The brush it comes with is pretty lame. Its stiff, but manageable (as I just dabbed it to death until it softened up). Most women I know who use this throw away the brush and use their own, but if you don't have money to throw away like they do, you can still use this brush - it just takes some taming.
on June 26, 2014
I like this trio because it gives me different options in just one package. My favorite shade is the brown one---it looks very natural on me, while still providing enough definition.
The purple is nice--it is very flirty and playful, it complements my green eyes well.
The black is intense and deep.
These liners do not run or smudge, but rather stay put all day.
on November 25, 2014
My favorite eyeliner. I couldn't find it in stores anymore but luckily I found it on Amazon. It is easy to put on (I use an angled eyeliner brush) and it stays on without streaking throughout the day. I hope it never gets discontinued.

See 1 answered question