Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Physicists on Wall Street and Other Essays on Science and Society
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

50%
50%
Format: Paperback|Change

on August 27, 2011
The other reviewer is right about there not being an essay with the title "Physicists On Wall Street" but there are a bunch of essays that can arguably be said to constitute the theme. Ignoring this minor quibble and the typos existent due to inadequate editing, this is an entertaining book in the same vein as the author's "The Merely Personal", you can dip into it for pleasurable reading on science and scientists. The chapters on linguists and Ventris who deciphered linear B were a revelation, I assumed that I would never read those parts of the book but I was pleasantly surprised. All in all a nice potpourri of topics for a rainy night written in the signature Bernstein style.

I wish the author had picked another publisher and not Springer, the academic publishing house which clearly has no clue how to price a book like this.
on September 23, 2010
I am disappointed to find NO essay, "Physicists on Wall Street," in this dense little tome. Perhaps I will return it. Yes, there is at least one essay buried in the book that looks related to the title essay; but the book's title certainly qualifies it as a 'bait and switch'.