4.0 out of 5 stars Good for B
Published on November 12, 2011 by William Schleicher

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for AP Physics B! Not so much for C...
Published 14 months ago by AG

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for B, November 12, 2011
This review is from: 5 Steps to a 5 AP Physics B&C, 2012-2013 Edition (5 Steps to a 5 on the Advanced Placement Examinations Series) (Paperback)
I decided to buy this book as I'm taking AP Physics B, and so far it seems very good! Though I'm sure other books (like Princeton) explain the concepts more thoroughly, this book has explained physics to me in a way that is very simple and a way that allows me to answer just about every AP physics B question. The practice questions they provide are slightly on the easy side, but include good explanations, and the diagrams/explanations they give for physics concepts are very digestible.

The only thing I can't speak for is how good this book is for reviewing AP Physics C.

Update: I used this review book for help with any sections I had trouble on, by the time the test came around I got a 5! However, I hear that they're radically changing the AP Physics B curriculum next year so this book may be useless by then.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for AP Physics B! Not so much for C..., May 13, 2013
I got a 5 with the help of this on the B exam. It reviews mechanics, thermodynamics, optics, and fluid dynamics sufficiently well for the B Exam. Electricity and Magnetism are also covered well for the B Exam....but are oversimplified for the C exam. It does not go into enough detail at all for AP Physics C E&M. It covers Mechanics relatively well, but should still have more depth and detail for Physics C. Things are too simplified in this book as it is for the B Exam as well, and it only has one section per chapter for more depth in C topics, and usually only on new topics that are in C related to the chapter but not in B, it does not go into more depth than is needed for B.

5.0 out of 5 stars Straight Forward. Easy to Read., January 22, 2012
This book really cleared up most of the many confusions that I had while
reading my school textbook.
I am independently-prepping for the B exam, and I find this book very helpful.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great for Physics C., May 10, 2013
There is way too much overlapping content with Physics B. This book is not my first choice for a student who is taking the AP Physics C exam with only a year of physics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, August 30, 2012
I was in a regular physics class that didn't teach all the stuff needed for the AP test. I bought this book and studied out of it for about 2 months. It had very clear explanations and was easy to read. I had my dad explain some stuff to me that I didn't get, but most of the work I did on my own with this book. I got a 4 on the test!!! I could never have done that without it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked Perfectly, January 1, 2014
Who needs a text book when you have this? I highly recommend this to anyone looking to ace their AP class. This book not only will help you score a 5 on the AP exam, but an A+ in your AP class. It covers all the most important things and teaches you how to think the right way. Love it. It is also super easy to follow and stay on track.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Ap Physics review book, December 20, 2013
I purchased this for my son and he voiced that it was easy reading and easy to
understand. He help him tremendously when he couldn't understand a problem.

3.0 out of 5 stars purchased wrong book, October 8, 2013
Only needed B - not the C part. Both parts are mixed in together withing the book, it's very confusing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, September 16, 2013
This book is excellent! It is very organized and includes many unique tips for memorizing equations, and many suggestions for taking the exams. I highly recommend this book for anyone studying for the AP Physics exam. Included also are: how to prepare for the exam, what you need to know, quizzes, diagnostic tests, detailed review chapters for each area of knowledge, and practice exams. It identifies clearly what is included in the B and C parts. This is a great review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, August 13, 2013
my teacher required us to buy it for class and i couldntbe happier i went from completely clueless in physics to a 3 in ap exam!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›