5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Job!!
Hey Dr. C!!!
You have a FABULOUS book! I recommend it to ALL the students I teach in step 1 physiology for Kaplan and it is the book for my own course in Physiology as the Co-Director of the Physiology Course for Touro COM in the Great New York City!

Published on August 14, 2011 by Conrad Fischer, MD

3.0 out of 5 stars Let down
When I bought the kindle version of this book I thought that it would have the textbook pages, but I was let down when I downloaded and opened the book and saw that there weren't any page number on the book at all but instead there were location numbers. Besides that the textbook is easy to read and understand, especially with such a difficult topic.
Published 21 months ago by Elizabeth Wilkens

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Job!!, August 14, 2011
This review is from: Physiology: with STUDENT CONSULT Online Access, 4e (Costanzo Physiology) (Paperback)
Hey Dr. C!!!

The clarity, brevity and consistent excellence on every page is truly admirable. As I sit here this evening re-writing the Kaplan Step 3 Q-Bank I just had to write to expess my admiration for a truly outstanding job.

Honestly, I grew up on Guyton but they have so deviated and so has Boron.You can understand physiology and actually have those books suck knowledge OUT of your brain.The length is fantastic and I love the extra color in the new version. You need me to film a course on your book. Woo Hoo! Seriously, you can prep for step one, get what you need for the hospital floors and get background for research.

I hope to meet in person someday but in the meantime, The Fisch sends you a big hug!!!
Warm and Fuzzies!
Touro College of Medicine, New York City

Director of Educational Development
Jamaica Hospital Medical Center, New York City

5.0 out of 5 stars best purchase for a text book, January 18, 2011
Since this book already has so many great reviews, there isn't much more I can say. I bought this book to help me out with physio in Veterinary school. It is AMAZING. I was really struggling with cardiology and now I really enjoy the subject. The diagrams are great, the text is simple to understand, I am in love with this book! I can't believe how much it has helped me, and how cheap it is compared with other books. This is the best purchase I have made for text books in school.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well, there's only one better book.., August 27, 2012
Well, there's only one better book..
And that's Harry Potter. Seriously, reading this book is a pleasure. And what's even better after reading it you remember most of what you've read. For your med school Dr Costanzo's book is probably all you need. Guyton is great for sinking into details, but for plain understanding of physiological concepts Costanzo is better (and it takes 10 times less time, which is good as there're other subjects you need to learn:)
Why look anywhere else if there's Costanzo?

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute best physiology book, November 5, 2010
As many many others have said- this is absolutely the best physiology book out there. My medical school required some other lousy book which I used a handful of times and then abandoned. This is extremely well organized, hits all of the important and relevant points but doesn't get bogged down in low yield detail. Whether studying for boards or just trying to understand physiology, I've found this book to be absolutely the best!

5.0 out of 5 stars MD student review - Malta, February 7, 2011
This is my first and probably only review.

This book is without a doubt the best physiology book you can buy, it probably contains less than a tenth of the words found in guyton, ganong etc but after studying from it, you will without a doubt have a better understanding of the key concepts and ideas, rather than the rather useless nitty gritty details you'll find when you're buried under the other physiology books out there. Having said that, it is NOT simply a summarized or copout version of physiology for lazy students.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best physiology textbook ever, February 1, 2011
This book is really good for helping to visualize and grasp some pretty difficult concepts that are typically not so easily explained in other texts.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best approach to learning physio!, November 22, 2010
Having struggled with the major physio textbooks in Med school, I have to say that it wasn't until I read Dr. Costanzo's book that the whole subject became clear to me. Explanations are thorough and straight forward. The examples and clinical scenarios that accompany each chapter are easy to follow and help setting the foundations for developing your clinical thinking...It's written in such a student-friendly way, that it seems to anticipate the questions you wish you had asked the teacher in class... The best approach to Physiology during your course and also great for Board review. Thanks Dr. Costanzo!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Decision made so far.., January 3, 2011
I have been looking for a very good Physiology book since my first semester in medical school. Physiology is a new subject to me. The recommended book is too bulky - Guyton. I get lost most of the time while reading it. I call Physiology by Constanzo - Simplified Guyton. Concept and style of writing is amazing. My understanding of the subject has improved greatly. Thank you Dr Constanzo.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for med students, March 3, 2014
A lot less wordy than guyton. The pictures are very clear and too the point, as are the written explanations. I prefer this so far to all the other books I have.

5.0 out of 5 stars [Insert Expletive], February 10, 2014
As a medical student... I want to say "F" Guyton, Boron, Hall, Rhoades, and Bell... seriously. There is no way I have time to read what's covered in those ginormous heavy a$$ books. I'm slightly annoyed that I did not find out how flipping awesome Costanzo's physiology book is until half way through my first year of medical school. This book along with the Thieme anatomy atlas and Pre-test practice questions are *the* most important books I own as a first year medical student.

I see myself using it as a reference during second year as well. It's soooo easy to read. She gets to the point. I need to understand what's going on and then apply it clinically. I am not interested in learning about every single detail to go out a develop a chemical marker for a disease process... otherwise I'd be a doctoral student and not a medical student.

Physiology: with STUDENT CONSULT Online Access, 4e (Costanzo Physiology)
Physiology: with STUDENT CONSULT Online Access, 4e (Costanzo Physiology) by Linda S. Costanzo PhD (Paperback - December 28, 2009)
Used & New from: $3.84