5.0 out of 5 stars What a great book.
I haven't even finished reading this book yet and am logging on to tell students, interns, and all people new to the ad biz, buy this book. Buy it even before you buy the one I wrote ("Hey Whipple, Squeeze This. - A Guide To Creating Great Ads"). I'm serious. Well, okay, buy this one first. But then buy TWO copies of "Hey Whipple."
Published on September 26, 2005 by Luke Sullivan

2.0 out of 5 stars Lots of good advices but...
Don't get me wrong, this is a nice book with lots of advices. The reason it scored lower is because I already read almost everything that was in it on ihaveanidea.org, in the 'Ask Jancy' section by Janet Kestin and Nancy Vonk. So you can imagine my disappointment when I started reading it!
Published on December 6, 2010 by Marie-Ève

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great book., September 26, 2005
This review is from: Pick Me : Breaking Into Advertising and Staying There (Paperback)

2.0 out of 5 stars Lots of good advices but..., December 6, 2010
Marie-Ève (New Brunswick, Canada) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Has all the answers any junior creative could ask, December 2, 2009
This is basically an Q/A book written by two highly respected CDs along with several contributions from other members of the creative world. Along with the Q/A there are short stories about experiences, helpful advice as well as explanations of the real world of advertising. Its like sitting one on one with an old friend, some of the answers are funny and just comforting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great insights, September 30, 2009
As a college advertising student, I found this book tremendously useful. It answered tons of my questions about the advertising world and agency life (even questions I didn't know I had), and it offers a ton of tips to stand out in the crowd and get your foot in the door. Bottom line: Don't buy this book, because it'll keep me ahead of you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great preview of the ad agency culture., January 17, 2007
Tanner Everson (Billings, MT USA) - See all my reviews
The book is easy to read. It gives an overview of the ad business as well as the culture, attitude, and career opportunities that are unique to this business.

The only drawback for me was the fact that everything was based from a Creative Director's point of view. I would have liked to see some perspective from Account Executives, Copywriters, etc.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book for wanna be creatives, January 30, 2011
This book has great advice specific to those who want to be an advertising creative. I'm looking to get into planning, but this book also has advice pertinent to any career in advertising. For instance, get your first job at the best agency you can, it will set the pace for your career. Also, don't be shy to leave an agency once you stop growing and learning. The one downside of the book is that there isn't much value to it considering 90% of the advice can be found for free at [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Pick Me Review, October 12, 2009
I recently finished reading Pick Me and really learned a lot from it. I am currently attending a school to build my portfolio in copywriting and felt that reading this book was like attending a whole new school, learning things that I would not have learned in my current school. I highly recommend this book to those trying to break into the industry. Although I'm not there yet, I feel like I'm that much closer after reading this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Resource for Newbie Copywriter, Art Directors, May 13, 2014
My advertising teacher -- who's a working pro -- suggested this to my copywriting and art director classmates. A great read. Answers a ton of questions about portfolios, cities to live in. Very happy I purchased a copy.

5.0 out of 5 stars really nice book for beginners, March 4, 2014
Learn from the Art Director how a newbie can enter the world of advertising, definitely not easy but this book answers some questions that obviously bother everyone wanting to enter the world of advertising. I found these questions are never answered in colleges but could definitely come out the minds of people who have already broke in. This is not a typical book on advertising but definitely shows you what lies inside. I recommend this to all those who wants to know what gets people excited about advertising and juniors who want to get into the field and have no idea, what they should do. Those who want to learn advertising..a word of caution that it is not the book to learn advertising

5.0 out of 5 stars Pick it, July 10, 2013
Love, thy name is jancy. Amazing book, sort of everything you want to hear about advertising, if you plan on chasing the ad Dragon.

Pick Me : Breaking Into Advertising and Staying There
Pick Me : Breaking Into Advertising and Staying There by Nancy Vonk (Paperback - August 26, 2005)
$22.00 $16.92