Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on February 26, 2012
This is an update from my initial review and downrated it to 1 star for very poor quality.

1. I initially bought the paddle this January. After 5 months of playing pickleball 2-3 times a week the handle broke off and got a new paddle from sports chalet in June.

2. After 2 months of play the blue paper covering started peeling off at the top corner on each side of the raquet. Also the surface became dimpled as little dings kept showing up on the surface. I returned the paddle to sports chalet a few days ago.

3. This new paddle started to have the paper covering dinged after an hour or so of play. There are definitely quality problems. Sports chalet only carries this brand. Next time i will ask for my money back.

There are many many different pickleball manufacturer's and models so it can be confusing. I first bought a wooden racquet and selected the Champion based on what most people were using where I play pickleball. There is a definite advantage over a wood racquet namely more control for me and it is lighter. I also play tennis. I gave it 4 stars as I have not really used other racquets of this type. I just like it and blue is my favorite color

Be careful of Champion reviews on Amazon. For some reason this same model with different colors has inconsistent varying ratings. Not sure why. Also this model has thin and thick handles. When you order from Amazon you do not have a choice of handle so you are not sure what kind of handle you are getting unless you call the vendor. Also if you go to a sporting goods store the packaging does not give you a clue as to what kind of handle you are getting.

So if you are feel that handle size is a factor. Take the racquet out of the packaging and try it before you buy it. If you order on line make sure you know what size handle it is, either thin or thick.
33 comments| 77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 18, 2012
Just started playing pickleball with my wife about a month ago. We play a lot of tennis so pickleball was not super hard to pick up and learn how to hit the ball. We both have this excellent graphite paddle and in no time at all we have passed the beginner stage. I believe these paddles helped immensely in improving our games. Immediate positive results. We tried the inexpensive wooden paddles but they are no way near as good as these paddles. When you have good equipment it just makes it easier to play the game.
on December 30, 2010
I bought this as a gift for a friend. She loves it. She has started playing pickleball on a regular basis and is doing very well with this racquet. They sent a couple balls and rules with it which was very much appreciated. It came very quickly to my surprise.
on June 17, 2012
I really like the paddle. The paddle has helped my game. I had been using the traditional wooden paddle. I also like the oversize paddle part, the weight and the cushioned grip. I would recommend this paddle.
on July 30, 2014
NICE PADDLE FOR PICKLE BALL, I ORDERED 1 BLUE AND 1 RED BUT RECEIVED BOTH IN BLUE. SLIGHTLY DISAPPOINTED BUT I CAN LIVE WITH IT. YOU WANT GRAPHITE WHEN PLAYING PICKLE BALL. IT DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
on July 6, 2013
What can you say? it's a paddle. Does what it is designed to do. I didn't realize that it was an oversized model. There are some similar models that are slightly smaller. This type of paddle is much lighter than the less expensive wooden models and the wooden models have a smaller paddle surface. Do your homework; ask other players their opinion about the different types before buying.
on November 19, 2014
Excellent quality pickleball paddle. It's lightweight with a comfortable grip. Much better than the wooden paddles. Wish it didn't have the plastic edge around it, but that will probably help it to last longer. Many of the players I play with have purchased this paddle.
on April 5, 2015
I'm 63 yrs young and new at pickle ball. I checked the other reviews on this paddle and they are extremely positive. Sold me right there! Have used it quite a few times and really like the lightweight. I also wear a golf glove on my right hand for better grip. My hands tend to sweat. All in all, a great paddle for your arsenal.
on February 7, 2013
I gave this to my husband for our anniversary. He has really improved his game with it. I recommend it.
on September 6, 2014
Ended up with a severed achilles tendon the 1st 5 minutes of use. Two more people suffered the same injury in 2 weeks. Not sure this "old people tennis" is really recommended. My paddle was sold for $5.