5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful collection of trucks, August 15, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Pickups: Classic American Trucks (Hardcover)
If you like pickups from the beginning up until the 1950's, this is for you. Excellent photography, highlights some models not usually done (Diamond T, Hudson, Reo). Good home-grown stories about each one (where it came from, what the owner is like, et al) makes this book one of my favorites.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Photography, September 12, 2000
This review is from: Pickups: Classic American Trucks (Hardcover)
This book shows classic pickup bodies, some with modern engines, very clearly. The photos are exceptionally vivid in color. The chosen trucks are highly interesting, and the settings for the photographs very well chosen.
I was not even aware it was possible to produce a book with level of clarity in the photographs. As a photographer myself, I was left wondering precisely how the photographs were done. i.e. Shutter speed, fstop, film type, filters, camera, lens and lighting. While the subject of the book, trucks, is not photography, the pictures, none the less, could serve as models of vehicle photography. Even a single paragraph on the topic would be appreciated by this reviewer. In a lucky world, perhaps the author or someone else familiar with the production techniques will further comment.
My three year old son loves trucks, and this book has been a nice vehicle to help us share some time together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pickup Trucks, July 14, 2010
This review is from: Pickups: Classic American Trucks (Hardcover)
I gave this book as a gift. The recipient was crazy about it. He collects old trucks and farm equipment and had never seen a book like this. I tried getting a book on antique trucks at Barnes & Noble, but they had nothing on the subject. I had my pick of several coffee table type books on trucks with amazon.com.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic pick-ups book, October 2, 2013
This review is from: Pickups: Classic American Trucks (Hardcover)
Book was in excellent condition and arrived really fast. It was a birthday gift for my husband and he loved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love The Book, January 16, 2012
This review is from: Pickups: Classic American Trucks (Hardcover)
I bought this book as a gift for a friend of mine and although the description said it was used it was in mint condition and perfect. My friend loved it. I was especially pleased to fing the book. When I had made a special trip to the bookstore they told me they did not have any books on antique trucks. When I came home and looked on amazon there were several different ones. Thank you so much, from now on I will look at amazon first.

Pickups: Classic American Trucks
Pickups: Classic American Trucks by Harry Moses (Hardcover - October 22, 1996)
Used & New from: $1.62