Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

89%
11%

on August 15, 1999
If you like pickups from the beginning up until the 1950's, this is for you. Excellent photography, highlights some models not usually done (Diamond T, Hudson, Reo). Good home-grown stories about each one (where it came from, what the owner is like, et al) makes this book one of my favorites.
on September 12, 2000
This book shows classic pickup bodies, some with modern engines, very clearly. The photos are exceptionally vivid in color. The chosen trucks are highly interesting, and the settings for the photographs very well chosen.
I was not even aware it was possible to produce a book with level of clarity in the photographs. As a photographer myself, I was left wondering precisely how the photographs were done. i.e. Shutter speed, fstop, film type, filters, camera, lens and lighting. While the subject of the book, trucks, is not photography, the pictures, none the less, could serve as models of vehicle photography. Even a single paragraph on the topic would be appreciated by this reviewer. In a lucky world, perhaps the author or someone else familiar with the production techniques will further comment.
My three year old son loves trucks, and this book has been a nice vehicle to help us share some time together.
on July 14, 2010
I gave this book as a gift. The recipient was crazy about it. He collects old trucks and farm equipment and had never seen a book like this. I tried getting a book on antique trucks at Barnes & Noble, but they had nothing on the subject. I had my pick of several coffee table type books on trucks with amazon.com.
on January 16, 2012
I bought this book as a gift for a friend of mine and although the description said it was used it was in mint condition and perfect. My friend loved it. I was especially pleased to fing the book. When I had made a special trip to the bookstore they told me they did not have any books on antique trucks. When I came home and looked on amazon there were several different ones. Thank you so much, from now on I will look at amazon first.
on April 19, 2015
I gave the book to a friend. Nice pictures of trucks but not a lot of detail.
on August 5, 2015
Great pickup book with nice photos and information. Recommended for anyone who likes old pickups and wants to take a visual ride
down memory lane.
on December 31, 2014
A gift for a friend who says it is an interesting book
on October 2, 2013
Book was in excellent condition and arrived really fast. It was a birthday gift for my husband and he loved it!
on March 29, 2015