4.0 out of 5 stars Feel Good Movie!
Published on September 6, 2008 by R. Woodward

3.0 out of 5 stars Typical unpopular girl likes hot popular boy
Picture This! Is basically fluff, exactly what I was expecting. Teen romantic comedies have gone downhill since the days of 10 Things I Hate About You. But then again, this is a made for movie so expect exactly such.

Published on July 17, 2008 by Morrigan Alexandros

3.0 out of 5 stars Typical unpopular girl likes hot popular boy, July 17, 2008
This review is from: Picture This (DVD)

The movie stars Ashley Tisdale Mandy, as a nice and smart, middle social class girl who has a crush on the hot and rich guy in school, who by the way is also perfect and has won every single medal in every single sport. He is Prince Charming. He finally notices her and invites her to his party as his date. But, Mandy is grounded and, thanks to her new video phone (tons of product placement in this movie), her dad is keeping tabs on her every half hour. Mandy must race against the clock and get in all sorts of implausible situations to go to the party and fool her overbearing father that she is studying at a friend's house. Between ruined clothes, allergies, towed cars, and a battle of the bands, Mandy has her work cut out for her. But, still to top it all up, the evil rich and popular girl is out to get her.

The movie is funny because it has so many implausible situations that you just have to go with it. The movie also shows the influence of technology and media in the current culture. Nice use of gadgets. Now, I must get that phone (the true main character of this movie!).

4.0 out of 5 stars Feel Good Movie!, September 6, 2008
This review is from: Picture This (DVD)
Once again bought this movie for my 11 year old daughter and I probably enjoyed it more then her! Robbie Amell is real "Eye Candy" and Ashley Tisdale was very cute and funny in this movie. I loved the ending but wish it went a for a bit longer...it ended way to fast for my liking...but sometimes you can't win them all. I would recommend it to all. Some things went over my daughters head but all in all it was worth a watch! Loved Ashley singing in it! Would recommend to all who are Ashley and Robbie fans! I now am!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The is nothing to not love about this movie (it was just AWESOME)!, December 5, 2008
This review is from: Picture This (DVD)
I rented this movie expecting just another average teenage comedy, but I was pleasantly surprised by how well the actors/actresses played in the movie and lived up to the plot. The movie is basically about a girl named Mandy (Ashley Tisdale) who is not very popular in school and who is trying to date Drew Patterson (Robbie Amell).

The plan is to attend a big party to which Drew invites her to, but unfortunately as luck would have it she is GROUNDED by her dad for breaking some rules. She later convinces him that she is only going to go to "study" with her 2 other friends, but he insists in a BIG BROTHER way that she must check in every 30 minutes via video cell phone on how everything is going. That is when the real fun starts and things start to get real crazy! Mandy must do crazy things every 30 mins to try and make her dad believe she is actually at her friends house studying. The scariest part of the movie was when she is driving and her dad asks her "is that a horn I hear" and insists on showing him what she is doing. She takes the keys out of the ignition on a busy road covers her eyes while her friends steer the car. I don't recommend this at home, and it almost getting all three of them killed by nearly hitting a truck head on.

There are a lot more crazy things Mandy does to try and fake where she is. You will have to watch the movie to see if her dad finds out what she and her friends did and bust her. I don't want to spoil the fun.

I definitely recommend this movie to everyone. It is a funny as heck down to earth romantic comedy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I thought I would be, July 15, 2008
This review is from: Picture This (DVD)
I saw the premire of this movie and although it is girl likes jock, popular girl declares Jock hers and tries to kill girl socially. It was a really cute father daughter (or parent letting go) movie. As a HS guaduite, I thought this was a great movie to watch with my mom, and i was right. Shes been having seperation issues, like Ashley's Dad, and it was a fun movie to watch and connect with. Even my teenage brother thought it was a hilarious movie, watching all the things Ashley has to go through. From phone punking her Dad to convincing an audience to pretend to be a DVD movie.
I thought it was a really good movie!
Great job Ash!
Oh one more thing I really liked about it is the main character stayed true to herself. She didnt let the guy use her.

5.0 out of 5 stars relaxing and easy comedy, November 1, 2013
easy and relaxing comedy..nice movie to watch together with family . one hour and half spent in a good way!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tisdale Rocks!!!, July 23, 2008
This review is from: Picture This (DVD)
Although this story is predictable, it is also packed with a lot of laughs and the great sounding Shadows of the Night by Ashley Tisdale. Very fun and well worth watching again and again. Tisdale rocks! Cute & adorable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Too bad is not long enough., August 19, 2008
This review is from: Picture This (DVD)
This teenage comedy is real fun if you want to have a good time, however, is not long enough! everything goes so fast that's hard follow the rhythm of the movie. Fun, yes. 'The teenage movie of the year', definitely not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Picture This!, October 8, 2008
This review is from: Picture This (DVD)
I intentionally watched this movie to see how Ashley Tisdale would cope outside of High School Musical and I was pleasantly surprised. This movie was definitly a feel-good movie without any real substance, but for some reason I loved it!

Yes, it's a tipical teen romance movie that isn't all that funny but I thought it was clever and had a refreshing cast.

As much as people hate this movie I [being 16 and female] throughly enjoyed it.

I don't know if I'd buy it but I'd watch it again if it was aired on television over here.

Hayley.

5.0 out of 5 stars Go buy/rent/watch it now!, December 13, 2014
I love this movie so much. I really enjoy Ashley Tisdale in this movie. It seems fairly typical the whole nerdy girl likes a hot guy and tries to get said hot guy. . The twist to this movie that sets it apart from other movies with the same "plot", She gets a new phone for her birthday from her dad that has video messaging/chatting while your on the phone. He keeps asking her to check in and "prove" where she is. She finds a way to get around that, and that works for a while.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute "Picture", August 30, 2008
AngelFace (Sault Ste. Marie, MI USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Picture This (DVD)
Yes, it may be somewhat predictible in the destination, but the ride getting there is great. Very funny. Ashley Tisdale is hilarious, and Robbie Amell is SO easy on the eyes! A bit disappointed the the ending was so abrupt, but still a good movie.

Picture This [Blu-ray]
Picture This [Blu-ray] by Ashley Tisdale (Blu-ray - 2011)
$19.99 $8.99