4.0 out of 5 stars Incorrect image files now resolved.
I'm surprised no one has mentioned that the images for the exercises are for X4 and not X5.
I found this particularly disappointing as I rely on using the same images to ensure I'm following the instructions correctly.
The Intro in the book says that the link given are for X5 files but this is incorrect.They are for X4 sample files.
Perhaps just a copied...
Published 22 months ago by Peter Blackmon

Published 18 months ago by Don from Oregon

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Incorrect image files now resolved., April 21, 2013
Peter Blackmon (Carindale, Queensland Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Picture Yourself Learning Corel PaintShop Pro X5 (Paperback)
Perhaps just a copied location from the previous book.
I even emailed this discrepancy to the author but never received a reply.
Therefore I would not recommend this book highly on that basis.
Also some of the images in the book (particularly the before and after images) are so small it's not possible to see the difference.
Sloppy publishing and proof reading are evident here.
*******************

Please note.
I have now updated my rating on this book to a 4 due to the problem with the incorrect sample files being resolved.
Refer to responses by the author and Jeff W.
Thanks to both for resolving this.
I would have rated the book as a 5 except for the small size of the images as mentioned above.
I understand that larger printed images would necessitate a larger book, which would increase the cost of the book.
Peter B.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's like having a knowledge expert as a personal coach, August 9, 2013
As a novice to photo and image editing, I spent several hours trying to learn PSP X5 on my own via experimentation and watching tutorials on Youtube. What a frustrating and unorganized experience that was. I finally gave in and bought this book. It is so clearly written and well presented that the pace of learning is very quick and ...fun! When learning a new subject, terminology is often the first hurdle, but the author does an excellent job of introducing technical terms and concepts for the task at hand. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Upgraded for PaintShop Pro X5, May 31, 2013
The latest version of the Corel PaintShop Pro X5 is just enough different than the earlier Pro X4 this book is a requirement. I have the older edition and hesitated about buying this new publication, but I was glad to have it at hand as I started to use PaintShop Pro X5. These books are well written, well illustrated and not full of a lot of jargon.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is well written, July 17, 2013
I need easy to read and easy to understand lessons and I get that from this book. I applaud Diana for doing such a good job.

2.0 out of 5 stars If you bought the book for Pro X4 ... don't waste your money buying this book for X-5, August 27, 2013
This book adds little to what was in the previous two books. I've used Paintshop Pro X-3, X-4 and X-5 and there were meaningful changes made with each software upgrade. But the treatment of enhancements is pretty light weight and doesn't do justice to the excellence of this software program. It's my opinion that you should search for and read the free on-line tutorials provided by Corel, as they are far more informative and useful than this book. FYI, a new software upgrade (version X-6) is currently being released by Corel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still learning, July 25, 2013
The first problem I am having is scanning the picture to the program and expanding the picture to full size. I want to do a lot with this program. The most important feature is the clone brush. I had a simple program on my older computer that had a clone brush and it removed a lot of imperfections. Like bruises or an antenna that appeared to be growing out of someone's head.

5.0 out of 5 stars Complete and user friendly., November 9, 2013
Chris Sewell (Riverhead, NY, USA) - See all my reviews
This is a very in depth book, that doesn't miss a button. The vast majority of the walk throughs are precise and complete. If you need clarification the Corel website is a perfect complement. I only wish the book was available every time a new version of the software was released, or they offered an annual add on. It makes a great tutorial or desk reference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, August 14, 2013
This is a perfect book for PSP X5 beginners. It has projects to do while learning. It presents information simply but not so one's intelligence is insulted. I recommend the hard copy instead of kindle because I needed to consult the book while working with the program. Great information.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good!, July 30, 2013
I am still fairly new to Corel PaintShop so this book has been very useful guide to helping learning the ins and outs of the program. As a beginner user of the program I would definitely recommend it, not sure how useful for more advanced users but so far so good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good!, May 19, 2013
This book helped with a lot of the technical set up issues to get the program settings and the desktop where I wanted them. I'm glad I bought it and it will be a nice reference guide for when I get stuck.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Picture Yourself Learning Corel PaintShop Pro X5
Picture Yourself Learning Corel PaintShop Pro X5 by Diane Koers (Paperback - January 30, 2013)
$34.99 $25.81