5.0 out of 5 stars The Right Book for a Beginner Like Me
Published on November 1, 2010 by Citizen John

3.0 out of 5 stars Corel Paintshop Pro
This book is very detailed but I found it difficult to find what I needed to do. It almost tells you more than you need to know. I need more of a step by step guide.
Published on June 2, 2012 by emilie

5.0 out of 5 stars The Right Book for a Beginner Like Me, November 1, 2010
This review is from: Picture Yourself Learning Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3 (Paperback)
I've wanted to catch up with so many people who really work with their digital cameras and the results they get from them. For example, I've wanted to get to the point where I feel confident sharing quality customer images for products listed on Amazon. This Picture Yourself book is designed with somebody like me in mind, as I'm the kind of learner who needs to get a complete foundation in a subject I want to learn.

I like that the author, Deane Koers, does not assume that I know anything about photo editing. She's had practice writing for beginners in that she's written several books in the Dummies and also Picture Yourself series. For example, this book gives the nitty gritty of organizing image files, something experienced photo editors have learned over time.

A time-saving feature of PaintShop Pro Paintshop Photo Pro X3 Ultimate is that you can apply quick fixes to images and then apply those edits to a batch. Or you can select the best images and take the time in the Raw Image Editor to professionally edit images. There are many ways to use this program.

Picture Yourself Learning Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3 has a great Glossary and an equally great Index. Features like these that make a book an often superior learning tool to a program's help menu, and the book supplements the program's Learning Center. I recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great learning tool, December 26, 2010
Elizabeth A. Koch "Beth" (North Las Vegas, NV USA) - See all my reviews
I recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 7 to replace my 8-year-old desktop running Windows XP. For years I'd been using Microsoft Digital Image Suite which I loved. I discovered that Microsoft no longer makes that program, so I opted for Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3. I'm just beginning to find my way around the program, and although I was happy to see that the software came with a manual, it's a very small one with black and white pictures. It seems to me that in order to understand the "befores and afters", you need to be able to look at color photos. I also wanted more detail, as I've been really wanting to delve deeper into photo editing. I browsed through the learning manuals available and decided on "Picture Yourself Learning Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3" and I think it's a great book. It's well-organized, with loads of color photos. It's easy to jump right to a topic, but I'm working my way through the whole book step-by-step, and it's really helping me learn a lot. I highly recommend it. By the way - it's available in a Kindle edition, and I'm a long-time Kindle owner, but I like manuals such as this to be a physical book that I can refer to when I need to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow!, June 21, 2010
I am new to Corel so I purchased this book to help navigate the program. I am new to ANY kind of photo editing other than picasa which is as basic as it gets. I think this book is a great guide and easy to follow. Easy for the beginner to pick up.

5.0 out of 5 stars The book to have for PaintShop Photo Pro X3, February 8, 2011
This is a very complete guide to the Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3. It is well illustrated and easily read. The book is full of colorful illustrations and examples. The text is direct and the understandable. It is not full of jargon or terms that are not explained.

The instruction book that comes with the PaintShop Photo Pro X3 is a good basic starter, but this book by Diane Koers goes far beyond that. It is worth the money and what you want to keep close at hand as you learn what PaintShop Photo Pro X3 can do.

4.0 out of 5 stars Making great and fun pictures, February 2, 2011
I have used PSP since it was Jasc PaintShop Pro 7 back in 2003. At the time it had more usable feature for working with pictures and was easier to use and understand than any of the others. I have taken pictures with major camera's for years even had a hard working darkroom in a small shed. I have even been blessed by winning some recognition in the field, but have never considered myself a professional. This program let me use the new digital cameras and work my pictures to perfection and I am not a computer buff. Corel had it's own program but, for me there were several TOOLS that not only baffled me but didn't work near as well. The Straighten Picture and Red Eye Removal Tools are so simple it is amazing and also not surprising that Corel captured PSP and started incorporating the best PSP Tools with their own. With this book I am learning soooo much more and making some fantastic photos, greeting cards, scrapbook pages. My husband and I are well over 50 and still learning. We also teach a digital photography class to the elderly in a PC Users Group using PSP. Us old folks got Grandkids and Great-grandkids we gotta record for posterity cause those progeny are wasting their photos on cell phone cameras and not saving them for the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, July 17, 2010
The book is very easy to read and easy to understand. I purchased the book for a computer graphics class and recommend it to anyone who is interested in digital imaging and design.

4.0 out of 5 stars A user struggling with psppx3, May 2, 2011
Jack G Lewis (FORT MOHAVE, AZ, US) - See all my reviews
The book goes into fine written details of buttons and effects. However, it misses the opportunity to show in fine enough detail using the illustrations to re-inforce the descriptions. The illustrations are vague in the details supposedly being illustrated. For example when showing a mask around part of the photo, the mask outline in barely visible. There is a multitude of illustrations wasted in this manner. Using a magnifier, (very unhandy) I was able to discern the content being illustrated. The book is printed on heavy gloss paper that will stand up to years of usefull learning. This is not meant as a pan of the publication, but as a suggested improvement for future editions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Instructor in a book, September 10, 2011
This book is so beautifully illustrated and photographed with images, diagrams, screen shots, and charts that one does not need to take classes. Your learning curve will be cut in half, which I love. Diane Koers did a brilliant job. For anyone interested in image editing, and photography you have got to have this book. It is the perfect companion for the Corel PaintShop Photo Pro program. It arrived within days of my order in a like-new condition. Excellent service. Thank you very much! Anne S. - San Diego, CA

4.0 out of 5 stars Much better than Corel's instructions, June 24, 2011
The book is fairly thorough...although, as others have mentioned, the screen shot examples are sometimes to small to be
really helpful...at least for us "visual learners". All-in-all a worthy purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars an excellent book, September 7, 2011
This is the class of book we need, if we are trying to learn something.
I have to say that while reading, I was underestanding perfect, and this is what we expect of a book.

Picture Yourself Learning Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3
Picture Yourself Learning Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3 by Diane Koers (Paperback - May 27, 2010)
$29.99 $24.79