5.0 out of 5 stars Our Niece's Favorite Toy
Published on December 19, 2011 by K. Kasabian

3.0 out of 5 stars Insufficient number of pieces
Because of the way magnets attract and repel, this set is very limited in the number of designs that can be created. Blocks can not just be arranged as you want.
Published on December 26, 2012 by Ron

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Our Niece's Favorite Toy, December 19, 2011
K. Kasabian (Silicon Valley, CA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: 22 Piece Tegu Endeavor Magnetic Wooden Block Set, Tints (Toy)
We bought these for our niece's 1st birthday last month and her parents are raving about Tegu blocks. I was sold on these when I saw them at a local toy store on display. The building blocks' internal magnets are strong enough to withstand bumps without crashing to the floor, yet they are easy enough for a toddler to pull apart. Our niece really enjoys using the refrigerator as a magnetic canvas, placing the blocks in new and interesting ways. I can almost see the wheels turning in her little head. The water-based dyes are safe for children, an important feature since I knew the blocks would often end up in her mouth. Don't be fooled by this toy's simplicity; it promotes open-ended play for toddlers, children and even curious adults. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnetic in more than one way, October 7, 2012
Tegu blocks are simple and yet complex at the same time. You can't stack them up and stand back. These unique wooden blocks are magnetic. That one characteristic is what makes this set fun, addictive and confounding all at the same time.
Since the blocks are magnetic, they can only go together in certain ways. This makes building exciting and sometimes surprising. You have one piece you are dying to attach to your creation, but as you near it, the piece in your hand pops off and attaches itself! Or the piece tries desperately to turn around so it can attach properly! These blocks are alive :)
Tegu is magnetic in more than one way: I just can't put them down!

[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made blocks, December 8, 2012
Purchased for a three year old grandson who loves to build! Well-built with a nice variety of colors and shapes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best imagination toy from 9 months to 99 years, March 8, 2013
This toy is a blast for kids - even for the adults who get to play with them. The blocks are of the highest quality and design that one might almost think Steve Jobs made them. Except, unlike every toy on the market, this one has no batteries. The blocks are super smooth and safe; no parts to swallow. Our toddler loves them. But it is my almost seven-year-old who is most impressed. The blocks keep her attention. She races home from school to play with them. They are magnetized so that each end has a polar opposite. You can do things with these blocks that you cannot do with regular blocks. It makes constructing towers and robots exciting because they seem to defy gravity. The parts almost float and move. They snap together. We make a helicopter and can spin the block and it will stay on because of the magnets. The design options are endless and the educational questions about how magnets work pop up naturally.

My sister sent us the Tinted blocks for Christmas. I thought that I would get some for a child's birthday. I am surprised there are not more reviews here. I know the price makes one wonder if the blocks are worth it, and as a Mother, I am telling you- they are this good. The tinted blocks' dye is water-based and completely non-toxic. It does not have that strange flaky quality you see on the China-based blocks. The company produces these in Honduras on purpose to support one of the poorest countries in the world. So that is very good. I am a former sixth-grade teacher and I when I return to teaching, when my littlest one is in first grade, I will have these in my classroom for the kids to use after finishing their work. It is the kind of activity that a person wants their children to mess with because playtime includes imagination, construction, and wondering what else one could do with the blocks. I am hooked. This should be toy of the year.

Thanks! Gina B., M.Ed

4.0 out of 5 stars great! but.., January 9, 2014
I love them. Just wish there was more magnets. The long ones need more magnets so you can have more flexibility

3.0 out of 5 stars Insufficient number of pieces, December 26, 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars Four year old boy shows no interest, December 31, 2012
Mindy (North Carolina, USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
I think my husband has played with this more often than my four-year old son. As other reviewers mentioned, the magnetism initially seemed like a good idea however it limited the things he could make with the blocks. For example, the long flat rectangle has only three places where other blocks can attach: the ends and the exact middle. The other places are wasted as nothing really sticks there.

I also wish there were more shapes; all you have are rectangles. How cool would the set be if it had circles, squares, triangles and such?

The blocks are well made but are light weight; for something so expensive I thought there would be more heft to them. But by far the biggest disappointment is my son has only played with it once and has shown no interest in playing with it again. Hopefully he'll enjoy it more when he's older.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing fun toy, June 26, 2014
I really like this toy, love playing with my daughter. The only problem so far is that the paint is cracking just a bit in a few pieces after a month of use.

It would be amazing if the larger blocks could connect on the sides too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for learning and travel, March 9, 2014
I bought these just before we took our first airplane trip with our 2 year old. They were perfect to use while we traveled and kept her entertained for hours. This set is great starter set, but we will definitely be getting more as we love to play with this set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, February 18, 2014
Kim Bower (Crownsville, MD) - See all my reviews
My children love these Tegu blocks, they love how they are magnetic and can keep together better than regular blocks.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›