Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on October 4, 2012
This luggage is made by a company called Badanco.
Pierre Cardin merely licenses their (once respected) name

The luggage I received as a gift was a slightly different model.
They change luggage constantly - sort of like fashion .

Mine had defective interior plastic framework which broke apart into small pieces the very first time the airline handled the bag.

I tried writing Badanco both by email and snail mail. Snail mail sent to address on bag's label came back as undeliverable. Email was never answered.

By from a quality company that stands behind their product. This was a waste of money
review image review image review image
on July 18, 2011
I've had this luggage for only a few months now but it has held up very well after 5 trips (one by air, 4 road trips). The overall quality is good and the variety of sizes and expandable abilities of the 3 suitcases make it a very versatile set to accomodate just about every need.
on December 14, 2012
...stylish set. The colors and design are best appreciated in person BUT beauty and style is all this luggage-set has to offer. I gave this luggage-set three stars (not because it was made in China) due to its poor construction. The emblem in the front was loosely placed and when the luggage got manhandled at the airport the emblem fell off thereby ripping the fabric - this is irreparable.

Upon opening the luggage a horrid chemical smell emerged out of this luggage -- it was quite unbearable although it dissipates after few hours it did concerned me. I can't say I would recommend the two bigger luggage in this set for check-in use since they will likely not endure a trip. The other smaller luggage however are ideal for carry-on and if you manage to find these sold separately (or the whole set on sale) I'd say go for it!
on July 17, 2011
This is a beautiful luggage set, I received many compliments.

The only complaint I have is the quality of construction. After one trip, the luggage got pretty dirty and one of my zipper pieces fell off. I hope it will hold up because it's a really nice set!
on February 15, 2012
This luggage set is a great deal and great quality.. I love the pattern of these luggage and they have a lot of pockets to store things in and the luggages are very spacious.
on September 11, 2012
I love the look of the set. They function well, roll well, and have lasted through MUCH travel. The biggest perk is how easy it is to spot your luggage on the carousel.

The only negatives are that dirt and wear from rough handling by baggage staff is easy to discern, and questionable stitching. I experienced some fabric fraying on the largest bag after a trip to Maui, and the handheld bag had hanging threads along the zipper, and eventually separated. For the price, one would expect better quality stitching.
on January 29, 2013
The product arrived on time as per usual with my Amazon purchases.
Each piece of luggage was enclosed within a larger one to make the shipping container smaller albeit heavier.
The shipment was undamaged and product defect free.

I have since travelled 4-5 times from my purchase using Southwest Air, Delta Air and Frontier Air using the mid-sized and weekend tote bags. I have yet to find use for the oversized bag or the carryon sized bag, though I'm more hopeful for the carryon size for a weekend getaway that can't fit in a tote. Each time I retrieve the mid-sized from the baggage claim, it has the telltale signs of its travels in the way of dirt and what is probably grease; each time however, I'm able to wash it clean with some soap, water and a scrub brush. After half a year of use with what I presume to be standard airline luggage treatments, I've had no degradation in function or appearances.

The only complaint I could offer is the standard complaint when it comes to midrange "high-end" products (i.e. Nordstrom)--the name speaks for the product but a lot of the times, while it may be designed better, the materials are run-of-the-mill. The lining in particular is a standard nylon without very much forethought from the designer. This does however make it easy to wash out if need be.

I have not contacted the retailer as I've not had reason to, but they've lived up to their end of the bargain and for just over $150 with free shipping when the large piece itself "retails" for $400+, it's quite a lot of quality luggage for the price.
on December 20, 2013
I bought this set as my previous luggage was just too heavy without anything in the suitcase. I was looking for lighter weight rolling luggage. This is much lighter and easier to use. All sizes come with a snap in clear zip lock bag for toiletries to prevent leakage. I have used all 3 sizes. The tote bag is a nice size. My only complaint is that that the inside of the tote bag is basically one comparment and my old one had nice spaces for things. I paid only $100 for this whole set and it was the bargain of a lifetime!
on December 28, 2012
My girlfriend has used these more than I have. She has made several trips including overseas to France. they are holding up nicely and show no signs of wear and tear. highly recommended!!

I did use a silicone spray on the wheels when we unpackaged them.
on April 29, 2013
One of the other reviews suggests that these are lower quality than those previously manufactured. The suitcases I got look identical in every regard to the set that I have that is around 20 years old. Same materials, same stitching, same wheels.

Airline staff can destroy anything, but my old PC cases have stood up well, and I expect these to do the same.