Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pigeons
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

100%
Format: Audio CD|Change

on June 11, 2012
I knew nothing about this band until a few weeks ago, as all I had heard were a few samples of their songs. Then I saw them at the Sasquatch Festival in May of 2012 and found their show to be jaw-dropping.

Their songs are relaxing, meditative and mind-expanding within a sort of dream-pop/shoegaze/psych/rock framework. Many of the album tracks sound sort of aimless at first, and I find myself thinking "Where is this going?"... this is how the band sounds in concert, too.

But in nearly every case, after a couple minutes into the song something hits me and I realize my mind is in a different space. Intricate keyboard textures, spindly guitar lines that are mathy at times, and sounds and motifs that overlap and interweave all combine to create a transportive tapestry. This music is good medicine.

It's like "Here We Go" when the song starts, and then pretty soon it's "Magic".

Nearly every song is like a mini-journey, and each little destination is a mind-opener. My favorite tracks on "Pigeons" are the ones most like this, which for me are "Collector", "Casual", "Moon" and "Land Of Feelings"... although every song on the disc is full of little hidden treasures.

As I saw the band perform, I had to pester people around me who seemed to know the band's works about what songs were from what CD. The most mesmerizing live song for me was "Collector", which was utterly fantastic on stage. Once I found out that song was on "Pigeons", I got a copy of the CD immediately. And being this amazed by "Pigeons", I have a feeling I'll be acquiring all the other Here We Go Magic CDs very soon.

I am a musician, and this is the kind of music I can only dream of making.

If you like artfully-crafted and mind-expanding music that is danceable in many cases, check out Here We Go Magic's "Pigeons". Once you do, you will understand the band name!
on August 25, 2011
I really like this band! To me it sounds a little bit like very well produced 70s/80s music: think Pink Floyd meets the Carpenters maybe.