Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Learn more

Format: Paperback|Change

on April 14, 2011
The quality of the physical construction of the book is excellent. The author also takes great pains to produce a sequence of photographs demonstrating the exercise. It would be nice to have a DVD set moving through various 25 min workout sessions for the the various disciplines. Pilates is highly recommended for multisport athletes.
on September 4, 2007
Great in-depth pilates routines which focus on balancing the different muscles groups that are used in specific athletic disciplines. Very easy to use and full of valuable information!
on May 13, 2007
As a Pilates Instructor I found this book an excellent tool including very well illustrated and easy to follow exercises.
on January 24, 2014
I bought this because I had borrowed it from the library and could no longer renew it! I have been using the mat work exercise routines for rock climbing and bicycling since those are my primary sports (or goals). I have been very impressed with the skill, clear directions given by Stricker. She seems to have personal experience in all the sports and has defined and outlined a lot of the reasons Pilates can complement these sports. It is better than following a video because you can spend more time on technique if needed. This book is definitely going to be a staple for my exercise routines for years to come.
on April 9, 2009
This is a great book for outdoor athletes. Easy to follow instructions with multiple pictures for each exercise, plus variations on the same exerecise. Well written by an athlete who engages in many sports. Includes a worksheet to determine where your weaknesses are, and determines which routines are best suited to address those weaknesses.
on February 3, 2014
This book has great color pictures with beautiful outdoor scenery. What was really a pleasant surprise was the advanced level of writing behind the exercise physiology and kinesiology of the Pilates movements. This book went beyond the education I got from my 10 week Pilates certification and was a great refresher on my University education.
on April 10, 2007
I enjoyed this book immensely. It has some different pilates exercises that I had not seen before. I recommend it as an addition to your regular training routine.
on February 6, 2014
This is one of the best sports-specific Pilates books I've ever found. The programs and ideas are great. I am a Pilates instructor so I like using the book to come up with new ideas for my classes.
on May 3, 2011
I love the fact that you can create a routine for each sport, but if you practice just one sport you may think it only worths 2 pages of the book.
on March 30, 2015
Missing pages 121-136. Big disappointment.