4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but could use some improvement
This is a great soundtrack as others have stated.

Published on September 9, 2010 by A. Figueroa

3.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic but disappointing...
Though I love this soundtrack... they left out some REALLY good music.
Firstly, they do not have Matthew Patel's song, which is EPIC.
They also do not have the techno song from Roxy VS Ramona.
Scott VS Todd Base battle is not on it...
There's also music from when he is fighting various other people, such as Gideon, that are not on this CD.
Most of...
Published on January 5, 2011 by Rachel A Davis

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but could use some improvement, September 9, 2010
This review is from: Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (Audio CD)
This is a great soundtrack as others have stated.

However, the version of Black Sheep contained in the album isn't the one used in the film. This is the original version by Metric, not the cover song by the actress for Envy in the movie. I will not speak ill of Metric, but because this is a movie soundtrack, I quite disappointed the movie version of Black Sheep isn't on this album, including all those, "Oh, yeahs."

5.0 out of 5 stars Too good -- don't buy!, August 19, 2010
DO NOT BUY THIS SOUNDTRACK!. The songs on it are completely awesome. You will listen to them over and over again, evenutally getting several of them stuck in your head all at once. It's very annoying! Just go listen to an album with a bunch of safe, poppy songs, like the Jennifer's Body soundtrack or something.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Books Have Come To VIVID Sonic Life!, August 11, 2010
Jared Bowers (Cincinnati, OH) - See all my reviews
In reading the other posted review, I find it incredibly hard to agree with anything that was stated. Obviously, as with all music, your appreciation for the bands and the music is a completely subjective matter.

I can state, in no uncertain terms, that if you are a fan of the books (which I am, to the point where I have a Ramona Flowers tattoo on my arm!), and if you found even a little bit of enjoyment in watching the TRAILERS (which I have, repeatedly), then this soundtrack will make you incredibly happy. I have not yet seen the film, but I have absolutely no doubt that the music will fit wonderfully, both for the "fake" bands in the movie, and the real ones who have provided music for the soundtrack.

If you feel like reading about WHY this is such a great soundtrack, please check out my official review here:[...]
I hope this helps put to rest any doubts you might have had about checking this soundtrack out. The movie is going to SLAY, the books are phenomenal, and the soundtrack is both a fitting and fantastic addition to the expanding Scott Pilgrim world. And since music is one of the most important things about that world, we should all be rejoicing about the fact that the soundtrack, the bands included (real and fake), and the director of the film are so spot on.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic but disappointing..., January 5, 2011
Though I love this soundtrack... they left out some REALLY good music.
Firstly, they do not have Matthew Patel's song, which is EPIC.
They also do not have the techno song from Roxy VS Ramona.
Scott VS Todd Base battle is not on it...
Most of these songs are the reason I WANTED this soundtrack.
BUT, they do have all the Sex-bob-omb songs and The Crash and the Boys stuff.

Still worth the buy- but really sad that they don't have those tracks!

5.0 out of 5 stars First full CD I've bought in a looooooong time, August 11, 2010
Listened to the streaming soundtrack and had to have it.
A collection of great songs from various artists as well as new songs by Beck and Sex Bob-omb (Also Beck, I believe). Awesome music to keep me happy til the movie opens.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome ST for an awesome movie, November 19, 2010
T. Smith (San Francisco, CA United States) - See all my reviews
These are most of the songs from the movie.
The end.
Just kidding...there has seldom been such a loving melding of film and music, and the songs, while not always to my taste, are exactly what is needed in the movie when they appear. I found myself rather liking Sex-Bob-Omb, probably because the sloppy crunchiness sort of reminded me of my band in high school, where tightness played back seat to enthusiasm. Not that our songs were written by Beck!
My only complain is that this is not ALL the music. As has been stated in these reviews many times, leaving out Brie Larson's wonderful cover of "Black Sheep" was a major error. And there are two more complete Sex-Bob-Omb songs that are missing. I wish they'd made this more complete, and if they needed room...well, I don't think the world needs another copy of "Under My Thumb".
And many kudos to the cast members who played their own instruments and sang!! Only Cera and Larson had previous experience, and learning to play even basic rock like the Sex-Bob-Omb songs from zero to recorded-and-on-the-soundtrack in just a few months--while learning fighting and wirework and, y'know, acting--gets major respect from me. I wasn't as good on the drums as Pill for at least six months, and that was all I was doing in my spare time (although that may say more about my tragic lack of musical talent than anything else).

5.0 out of 5 stars Vinyl edition of the soundtrack is a must-have, November 12, 2013
N. Smith (Jacksonville, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scott Pilgrim Vs the World (Vinyl)
First of all, the soundtrack is great just by a standpoint of song selection and sequencing. The Beachwood Sparks cover of Sade's By Your Side is worth the price of admission alone.

As for the vinyl pressing, it's top notch. Presentation is pretty low-key, there's not much in the way of goodies or pamphlets inside, but the translucent red vinyl looks awesome, and the sound quality is fine. It's a great addition to any record collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars If this soundtrack had a face, I would NOT punch it!, May 20, 2011
Josh Rufer (Huntsville, AL United States) - See all my reviews
The film was a great adaptation of the book and really captured it's spirit. This is a book/movie/soundtrack about love and music. All fit together perfectly. This is just enough garage rock to get me going. Beck's work on this project really helped keep the sound where it needed to be. Studio quality with real production value but a sound that emulates that of resourceless garage bands.

Just what the doctor ordered.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Indie Movie Soundtrack, July 31, 2011
Courtny England (Staten Island, New York) - See all my reviews
This is the most amazing sountrack I have heard since the Juno soundrack. I am glad I got to hear some great songs from the Toranto, Canada indie rock scene. This is great to have for any indie rock fan.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Soundtrack for a great movie, October 22, 2010
All the songs from the movie are here. The Sex Bob-omb songs are excellent, and all the others are great. It is especially fun that the album includes the song Scott Pilgrim by Plumtree, the inspiration for the comic! The only thing I didn't like is that the song Black Sheep by Metric, which I really enjoyed in the movie, is not the cover version from the movie (sung by Brie Larson), but the original by Metric. Don't get me wrong, I *love* the original song -- but that's not the version from the movie. It was a mild disappointment in an otherwise great soundtrack album. I really wish I could give the album 4 1/2 stars, but I just can't give it 5, so 4 it is.

Rate and Discover Movies