5.0 out of 5 stars MY PILLOW PET ORIGINAL- HIGH QUALITY

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute and cuddly, but won't last long
Published on November 28, 2011 by The Escape Artist

5.0 out of 5 stars MY PILLOW PET ORIGINAL- HIGH QUALITY, October 11, 2010
This review is from: My Pillow Pets Buzzy Bumble Bee 18" (Toy)
I ordered these from a thrird party seller... ended up averaging $28 total with shipping for the Bee and Panda each... WELL WORTH IT! I have been wanting to get these for a while for my three children, and finally took the dive when my husband was deployed in September. Justifying $90 in pillow pets was hard, but my kids are in love! The are sewn so well. The fur does not come off on anything, no issues at all. The ladybug was on backorder for quite a while (it's on it's way now) but in the meantime I was at one of the local supercenters (the bullseye one...) and I saw that they now carry the Pillow Pets... For only twenty dollars. As I was contemplating getting the ladybug for my daughter (since it was on backorder on amazon) the red fur was just leaving all kinds of lint on her blanket... and if I pinched it a little and pulled I could get a whole clump out! I knew that they had to be knock-offs or lower quality at least. I was right! The originals are called "MY PILLOW PETS" with the tag stitched on the pet on one of the feet. The ones at the supercenter stores are called "PILLOW PETS" with the same tag stitched on. I think they are manufactured by the same company, but DON'T BE FOOLED! They are cheaper quality.

And as far as the Bumble Bee antenae falling off... that reviewer must have gotten a knock off! Mine are compltely sewn on ALL THE WAY AROUND THE BALL! There is NO way it will fall off, unless you used a seam ripper! This is highly stuffed, very soft, HIGH quality! Even the wings are fluffy and dense! LOVE IT! I can't wait to get our ladybug!

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves it, September 2, 2009
Shirly (California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Pillow Pets Buzzy Bumble Bee 18" (Toy)
My two year old daughter sleeps on it as her pillow and loves the softness.
She started day care and i bought another one for her to have for her nap there.
I wash it in the washing machine and dry in the dryer and it stays in perfect condition.
She has been using it at least a year and it looks like brand new. Good product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute and cuddly, but won't last long, November 28, 2011
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: My Pillow Pets Buzzy Bumble Bee 18" (Toy)
My 5 and 2 year olds love their Pillow Pet because it's super cuddly and cute. *I* love the Pillow Pet because it makes an amazing lap pillow (absolutely the perfect size for reading, writing or working on a tablet). The pets clean up pretty well, as long as you follow the website instructions (do NOT put in the dryer!). However my children received this Pillow Pet last year for Christmas from my inlaws, and like most toys the pillow is starting to show major wear and tear. My MIL bought this pillow at a big box retailer, so I'm not sure if one retailer gets better quality product than others (a few months ago I puchased a pee wee Pillow Pet from TRU and it's held up great). Twice now I've had to resew the seams on one wing and near the front "toe." My kids are normal, active children - not excessively rough on their stuff, but not absoutely gentle either. Please keep in mind that you may have to use whatever sewing abilities you possess (which isn't much, in my case) to keep these Pillow Pets in good condition.

Considering the massive amounts of tv commercials for Pillow Pets and similar "pillow" toys, the fact that these are available EVERYWHERE (not exaggerating, just check your local grocery or drugstore if you don't believe me), and the impressive sales currently available (Amazon was offering fifty percent off, TRU offered a bogo, even direct phone sales offered a free peewee pet)... The quality on these pricey things should really be improved.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bumble Bee Pillow Pet, November 24, 2010
Kerry Koen (Ft. Worth, Tx) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Pillow Pets Buzzy Bumble Bee 18" (Toy)
Bought the Lady bug Pillow pet My Pillow Pets Miss Lady Bug 18" for my daughter's 5th birthday! She LOVED it! VERY SOFT! They are high quality. However, they do not make good chew toys for dogs. I woke up at 3am to my daughter crying hysterically and a totally gutted Ladybug Pillow Pet.
Of course, the next morning we went to get a replacement treasured Ladybug pillow pet, but to my surprise, my daughter chose the Bumble Bee over the ladybug. She takes it everywhere with her and rarely lets it out her sight. and the dog now gets locked out of her room at night. My Pillow Pets Buzzy Bumble Bee 18"

5.0 out of 5 stars So soft and cuddly!, April 23, 2010
K. Carl (Saint Charles, MO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Pillow Pets Buzzy Bumble Bee 18" (Toy)
This pillow pet really is soft and fluffy. It's also very durable and cute. I thought this was the silliest product ever, but it's won me over. My ten year old takes it to every sleepover and just loves it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says it does, December 3, 2011
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: My Pillow Pets Buzzy Bumble Bee 18" (Toy)
These pillows are cute. I just wish the velcro that holds them closed was a little bigger as it seems to wear out quickly. My biggest problem is the size and that kids don't stay interested in them for long. Then what do you do with it? You really can't give any a pillow. And you can't donate stuffed animals anymore. I guess the trash and that seems sort of sad and wasteful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pillow Pet big hit with 6 year old, September 12, 2010
This review is from: My Pillow Pets Buzzy Bumble Bee 18" (Toy)
I bought this a surprise for my 6 year old after he saw a commercial for it on television and just fell in love with it by sight. When he took it out of the box it was a big hit. The pillow pet very soft, as advertised, and he can and does use it for sleeping. It closes with a strap with a Velcro tab that, when the pillow pet is opened, has a little cover that folds down over the hard plastic Velcro hooks of the Velcro so it never scratches the child's face. Just peel it back and latch with you fold up the pillow pet and it closes. Very simple, my six year old (high functioning autistic) has no trouble working it. He hasn't stopped carrying it around with him since he's gotten it.

1.0 out of 5 stars CHEAPY!! NOT the nice quality ones you get in stores!!, April 5, 2013
This review is from: My Pillow Pets Buzzy Bumble Bee 18" (Toy)
I ordered this thinking it was the Pillow Pets brand you see in stores. it isn't even worthy of the dollar store. I assumed it was cheaper because it was on close out or sale or something? NO. The brand is Plush&Plush. whatever that is. We own two of the REAL Pillow Pets for my older boys and I bought this one for my youngest. The velcro cover is useless. Not nearly big enough to cover the coarse pad. Very disappointed Amazon!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Quality, August 24, 2012
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: My Pillow Pets Buzzy Bumble Bee 18" (Toy)
When the birthday girl removed this Bee from the shipping box, one of the antennae fell off. Boo. She was ok with the missing piece, but when not one, but two holes appeared in the body of the Bee within the next 2 days, contentment turned to dismay. The child did not play roughly with this toy; she just cuddled and talked to it. It's reasonable to expect a product like this to remain whole for more than 4 days, and we were very disappointed when it didn't.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Choice, December 30, 2011
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: My Pillow Pets Buzzy Bumble Bee 18" (Toy)
Because it is difficult to buy for children these days, who have so much, the Buzzy Bumble Bee Pillow Pet was the perfect choice of gifts for my great granddaughter for Christmas. She would not put it down all day Christmas eve.

My Pillow Pets Buzzy Bumble Bee 18"
$24.99 $12.13