Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

on September 20, 2006
Not sure what Miki's personal situation is, because in recent years, Miki would release an album and then disappear for years at a time -- most recently taking 5 years between her last, lackluster Peak album, "Three Wishes" and this one. However, this more than makes up for the wait! Miki is in fine voice, and the song selections are stellar. There are several surprises, including soulful, sultry readings of the Captain & Tennille's "Do That To Me One More Time", Boz Scaggs' "Lowdown", and the title tune. However, out of the 10 songs, there isn't a bad song in the bunch. The only complaint I have is that there could have been a few more songs included. But that's a minor quibble, and hopefully there will be a Volume 2 without having to wait another 5 years!
VINE VOICEon November 14, 2006
Miki Howard is a rare artist who is captured in this tremendous set at the peak of her amazing vocal ability & deeply passionate way of emoting like nobody else around...every song taken to a new dimension that will give complete pleasure to anyone who enjoys a great with an awesome voice! Anyone who has enjoyed these amazing classic songs over the years, don't miss this stunning and beautifully performed collection of classics. Miki Howard is riveting and does each standard as they have never been done before making one fall in love with each and every one of these great songs all over again...incredibly talented Miki Howard is THE voice of her generation and beyond. Bravo Miki and thank you for this wondrous musical treat, "Which Way Is Up" is a wild funky jam that should be released as a single that easily with exposure should go all the way to the top, hopefully winning Miki a richly earned "Grammy Award"! Bravo Miki, this collection is a winner...
on June 3, 2013
I purchased this cd years ago and didn't appreciate it. Years later, I found it and popped it into my disc player and gave it three spins around. LOVED IT!!! Youth robbed me of the chance to love this as much as I do now, and she performed this! The sad part here is that there were only 10 tracks, but it's okay, cause it's Miki, and she did the thang! I loved her then and thanks to me finding this disc, I still love her and want to see a return to music. YA HEAR ME, MIKI???
on October 6, 2012
Tell me how someone with a voice as flawless as hers has not reached the Whitney Houston type of success. There are no bad songs on this CD, and I have to admit when it comes to Miki Howard I am prejudiced in my feelings. But I like nothing better than to curl up in bed with the headphones and listen to that 'voice'. Miki Howard is the 'BEST'!!!!!
on September 20, 2006
I jsut purchased this CD and I am thinking that Miki is sounding really good!! Her song selection is good as well. the only thing I will say is that I am looking for new/original music from Miki Howard. Her style is soooo unique that when she covers a song, it ultimately sounds different. She makes it her own. But, I would love to here her sing orignal music like "Baby, Be Mine" or "Not Like You Do" (with Norman Brown) etc.

If you like Miki howard (like I do) and you don't mind artists covering music (doing remakes) then this is the CD for you!!!

Buy it!!

PS. She does a bang up job on " Inseparable" and "Misty Blue" ....AWESOME!!!!
on September 26, 2006
I've always been a big fan of Miki's and I must say this release is some of her best work since she recorded Miki does Billie Holiday. I heard her sing "Inseperable" in person a few months ago, but to hear it on this release just blows me away and I can't stop listening to it!! Miki is and always have been one of the top singers in R & B and jazz; a true DIVA!! You Go, Gurl!!! and I will be seeing you at the Blue Ribbon.
on February 21, 2007
First of all, I'd like to thank Shanachie Records for giving Miki Howard a chance to record again, but they need to STOP releasing these lame overpriced 10 track CDs (an EP for that matter!) of tired remakes. And the production value/quality on these EPs are sorely LACKING. The whole 'Remake Classic Song' concept was been worn out, and most people will agree that these CDs shouldn't cost more than $9.99! (Glad I got a cheap used copy...and I re-sold it ASAP! LOL)

Now, as for Miki Howard, she was ONCE one of the most powerful & soulful vocalists during the mid 1980's (during her Atlantic/Giant era), but her once mighty pipes have since lost it's fire. Some of the songs (those that don't require much vocally!) are perfect for Miki (check out 'Which Way Is Up ?', 'Lowdown', 'Pillow Talk', and a few others), but she just doesn't (or maybe she can't) bring IT to tracks like 'Inseperable' (Natalie Cole has NOTHING to worry about!), 'Just Don't Want To Be Lonely' (The Main Ingredient is now pissed!), 'Misty Blue' (BOTH Dorothy & Monica are nodding in disbelief!).

In closing, I expected much more from Miki Howard, but she is a DIFFERENT singer than the one we all remember from almost 20 years ago. If you MUST buy this CD, please listen to the tracks FIRST, and try to find a low-priced used copy.
on December 19, 2012
I've followed Miki's career since 'Come share my love' and I must say she is in good voice on this collection. I especially enjoy the title track and 'Do that to me one more time'.
on November 19, 2006
I'VE NOTICED THEY ONLY HAVE 10 SONGS ON MOST OF THE RELESED CDs.THIS IS ANNOYING AND STINKS FROM THIS RECORD LABEL, THEY NEED TO INCLUDE MORE TRACKS ON THEIR CDs .THIS CD IS LISTENABLE, BEST TRACKS ARE LOWDOWN AND PILLOW TALK, THERE IS A LOT OF SYNTHESIZED MUSIC IN THE BACKROUND OF OTHER TRACKS,MAKING IT SOUND LIKE KAROKE. THE SAME IS ALSO NOTED ON THE NEW GLEN JONES CD.