4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product But Check Prices Carefully
Published 19 months ago by Ellen M.

3.0 out of 5 stars very good erasing qualities; so-so/bad writing implement
Published 13 months ago by Jason Joseph-Holmes

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product But Check Prices Carefully, February 23, 2013
I am a big fan of Pilot FriXion pens, which come in a variety of styles and colors. Finally, an erasable pen that really erases! In fact, they erase more cleanly than pencils do--100% clean, with no litter from the eraser rubbings. I'm completely sold on them, and have my favorite line weights and colors for various different writing purposes. The pens in this particular package are 0.7 mm, which is good for general use.

As for design, I like the Clicker retractable style very much because the eraser is always available when you are writing (with the removable-cap styles, if you "store" the cap on the pen when you are writing, it covers up the eraser). The Clicker pens are also refillable, which is great. One issue with FriXion pens is that the ink runs out faster than with some other gel pens, and it's wasteful to have to throw out the pen bodies every time the ink runs out.

The one gripe I have about buying these pens on Amazon is that the pricing is extremely erratic and inconsistent. I have bought four different packages of various colors of Clicker pens when the unit prices came out to less than two dollars per pen, but each time, shortly after I bought them the price went way up (more than doubling in a couple of instances). Hopefully the pen prices (and also the refill prices) will stabilize at some reasonable level before too long.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'll never use anything else again!, July 16, 2013
For anyone who has never used FriXion pens, they're nothing like the miserable erasable pens they had when I was younger. I am an engineer in graduate school, and I have actually stopped using pencils (except when fine lines are needed) because I find that these pens erase more cleanly.

Cons:
The ink will erase if the page gets very hot, so I am always careful to not leave my notebooks in my car on a hot day (I don't know exactly what it would take for to erase a notebook, so I air on the side of caution). If you ever did find yourself in a bind, you can freeze the page(s) and after a while the ink and color will come back (though it is a little faded, but perfectly legible), along with any mistakes that you had erased when you wrote them (so this isn't the greatest idea!). Also keep in mind that if you were to run these through a printer (say if you wanted to print something onto your notes, the heating element in the printer that dries the ink _will_ erase everything on the page written with these pens). Also, I find that the ink in these pens only last about a quarter as long as traditional pens (maybe less), but even as expensive as they are and as often as they need to be replaced (about 2-3 packs per semester), these things are still well worth it!

For those of you that already know how awesome these pens are, this is my go-to style when it comes to all the different types of FriXion pens: I like the selection of colors and the clicker version is a must have. The 0.7mm tip is the most versatile and the case that the pens come in is a must-have, in my opinion.

3.0 out of 5 stars very good erasing qualities; so-so/bad writing implement, August 26, 2013
the pros: while reading physical books (gasp), i tend to keep a pencil handy, especially with non-fiction, to make occasional check marks and small marginalia. the good part of using this Pilot FriXion is that it has allowed me to set aside my mechanical and old-school (i.e. those that need sharpening) pencils for a more pocket-friendly, retractable implement -- and one that erases better than just about any pencil i've ever used.

THE con: there's only one con, but it's a rather significant one insofar as any pen could be concerned: the pen itself is not exactly good for writing...i hesitate to say this, but i'm forced to concede that's it's actually BAD. the ink flow is inconsistent and faint. it writes like a ballpoint or uniball that's on its very last legs (and i'm talking about fresh-out-the-package pens...i bought a 3-pack of the black ink and they all write like this). when written on white loose-leaf paper, the center of the pen imprint is actually close-ish to white, i.e. it has made little impression on the paper, whereas the outer impression on either side of the immediate point where pen hits paper is darker...but still, it's very disappointing as a writing implement.

for those who only need to make occasional marks that need to be erased completely and cleanly, then this is a good choice. but for those who like a black pen to impress rich, dark ink onto paper, then look elsewhere. however for those who like pens that leave more of a faint impression on paper, with inconsistent flow, then this may be just what you're looking for. alas, it wasn't quite what i was looking for...

5.0 out of 5 stars Fixion pens are all I use (they come in markers too), November 20, 2013
Great for students who take tons of notes and need to keep it clear with color coding. Colors are vivid enough to show up in quick phone span shots for sharing notes in tutorials. Be careful and keep an eye on your pens, many people will steal them. I mark all of mine with labels because they disappear every time I loan a pen. They erase completely without destroying paper. Erasers are not specific to the colors- ink is heat labile. If you leave notes exposed to sun in a car in the summer, ink will go invisible. Throw notes in freezer and all the writing comes back (even the stuff you wanted erased). Putting notes in trunk seems to keep ink in desired state.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these pens!, March 9, 2013
MKinz "Mindi" (Salt Lake City, UT USA) - See all my reviews
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I absolutely love the erasable Pilot Frixion pens with the lids. So, I was excited to try these pens. I love the convenience of not having a lid. They write and erase as smoothly as the others. I love the colors. The only Frixion pens I have tried that didn't work too well was the fine point, and that was only because the ink seemed to dry up and they didn't last very long. However, these clicker retractable ones are GREAT! I would definitely recommend these pens!

5.0 out of 5 stars Snazzy Colors for Writing to Myself, February 28, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am a pen hoarder. I love them for all their wonderful ways; broad line, fine line, felt tip, and metal tip alike. I tore into the package emblazoned "Amazon" for I knew I had more pens to play with, er, write with--I am an adult, after all.

Paper in hand ready to test these puppies...I could not figure out how to "click" them. "Are there directions? Seriously, do I NEED directions for a pen!?" I asked aloud as I frantically pulled each pen out and pressed, pushed, and pulled at the eraser, the tip, the clip, ugh!...to no avail.

Then I gently pushed on the clip--top to bottom--and victory! A period of mourning my intellect later and on to doodling with pretty colors I was. The colors are bright and the ink is smooth. The case is better than a blister pack of ordinary pens; sturdy and organized. The ink is truly erasable--even hours later!

I am impressed. I write a lot; I go through pens a lot. The ability to color code my notes, lists, and other bits of this and that is fun and practical. I think they would be a good choice to draw with, too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Erasable Gels Work Well, March 28, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was thoroughly impressed with how well these pens erase! I was somewhat skeptical because one of the reasons that I purchase a gel pen is because they are permanent (especially for my scrapbooking) and they don't smear. I didn't know how that would work with also being able to erase them. However, these erase very cleanly and neatly! I gave them to my 9 year old to use for her school work and she can have the fun of a colorful pen and still be able to erase and correct her mistakes. These were a win-win for her!

5.0 out of 5 stars love these pens, November 20, 2013
These pens are great. They are erasable and leave no smudges. No lids to get lost and ink doesn't dry out quickly. Also, the eraser never wears down. It stays the same no matter how much you use it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lasted almost no time, September 29, 2013
I purchased these thinking that they would be wonderful for grading papers. They lasted virtually no time at all. Yes, they are erasable, but I was going through a pen a week....and I am only grading for 7 children and most of this is just check marks.....so NOT a lot of ink. I use other red gel type pens for about 6 weeks each. I figured this would be a little less, but I paid a LOT more and got nothing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quilter's marking pen!, December 9, 2013
FriXion pens are wonderful. I use them to mark fabric when quilting/sewing. Iron to remove the marks. No more water soluble ink for me!

Rate and Discover Movies