5.0 out of 5 stars Write ON!
For real writers, those of us who not only learned to type in required typing classes, but also slaved away at the Palmer Method in third grade and who LOVE cursive script. This is easily the biggest addition to my "INK PEN" addiction since I discovered cartridges in 6th grade long ago in Evanston, Illinois. If you are still enjoying the feel of the pen in hand, love...
Published on November 4, 2010 by Mallory Marshall

3.0 out of 5 stars Not your "go-to"pen
This pen works okay, but only if (A) you replace the ink with something worthwhile, and (B) you use very heavy paper or cardstock. Ordinary notebook paper is out of the question. The ink that comes with this thing bleeds like crazy, but a heavier india ink will work. If you are drawing, this is not a pen for detail work, and if you are doing calligraphy, use your own ink...
Published 7 months ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 312 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, June 8, 2010
Leirda (Riverside, CA) - See all my reviews
I love this pen! It's one of the best calligraphy pens I've used! The ink is quality, though it does come out quick. You just have to learn your style to the point of writing quickly.

This pen gives exactly what it promises!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, February 18, 2013
The parallel plates result in a very smooth and steady ink flow. This 6mm width is huge! Very nice for large lettering (2+ inches tall). You'll want one of the smaller width pens for addressing cards, writing notes, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best calligraphy pen, November 17, 2012
BigVince (San antonio, Texas) - See all my reviews
I've purchased several brands of calligraphy pens, none are as smooth or easy to use as this one is. I accidentally left it on it's side and it did NOT dry up. I love this calligraphy pen and plan to buy other sizes as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice pen. Would like some changes, November 14, 2012
I got this pen so I could learn calligraphy for my wedding. Warning, the title says it comes with a red and blue cartridge, but mine were red and black. This pen works very well once you get the ink flowing; which is actually pretty easy unlike some other fountain pens. I love how smooth the nib is, it doesn't scratch the paper at all. I am an avid fountain pen user so there are a few things that I wish were different about this pen:

1. The ability to post the cap on the end of the pen when writing, I hate having to hold the cap or set it down and try to find it again when I am done writing.

2. I wish the "converter" was actually a converter. I hate using cartridges. They are way more expensive than using bottled ink, and they create extra trash.

3. Since I am stuck using the cartridges, why not make them larger? There is this huge barrel, they could have made longer cartridges to fill it up so you wouldn't have to keep replacing them. I can't imagine how quickly you would go through ink on the larger nibbed pens!

Despite these drawbacks, the pen does exactly what it claims to do, and writes smoother than some of my other, non-calligraphy, fountain pens. If you don't know calligraphy at all, I recommend purchasing a book on how to do it as the guide that comes with the pen is not meant to teach you.

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves these calligraphy pens., November 24, 2012
These calligraphy pens are a little on the expensive side, but they are worth it! I have bought several calligraphy pens at art stores, craft stores, office stores, but none are of the quality of these pens, and a few were more expensive!!

If you value a quality product, these are the pens for you.

The cost is truly pennies per serving, taking into account the time my daughter has spent using these pens, and the pleasure she gets from making beautiful letters and signs, plus the fact that these pens have lasted 10 times longer than any predecessor.

Do not accept cheap substitutes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for starting out!, April 28, 2012
This review is from: Pilot Parallel Pen 2-Color Calligraphy Pen Set, with Red and Blue Ink Cartridges, 1.5mm Nib (90050) (Office Product)
I had read a lot of reviews on how easy to use this product was. I was completely new to calligraphy and wanted to learn, I'm so happy with my purchase and ended up buying all the versions Pilot makes in the parallel pen. I also bought the asorted colors which was really cheap and have no complaints. I recommend this for any beginner, it's easy to use and very easy to clean and reload.

4.0 out of 5 stars Unparalled Calligraphy 1.5mm nib, December 19, 2011
Pilot has done it again. Why this isn't available at your local office supply or stationary store, I don't know.

Here's the deal: you would be just fine getting your favorite nib size, loading up on Pilot ink cartridges like

Pilot Pen Parallel Pen Calligraphy Pen Assorted Colors Ink Refills, 77312

if all you're interested in is a high quality (does not drag on paper, smooth ink flow), low cost calligraphy or extra bold nib fountain pen.

But you should get two. There is a trick within the nibs of each pen to "mix" the inks from each, resulting in a gorgeous (after much practice, but you'll get the hang of it) gradated lettering style.

You could take this a step further and get your second Parallel Pen in a different nib. I'd be interested to hear how that could pan out...keep me posted!

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice alternative to regular calligraphy pens., October 15, 2011
I've read a complaint about the ink drying time, but the black ink (separately purchased) dries very quickly, is smudge-proof, and a very nice flat black. The nib is easy to adjust to, and stays clean after placing the cap back on. In my opinion, they should chop off the last inch and a half from the rear of the pen, since it has no functional benefit and takes up space. This is going to become my favorite sketching tool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pilot Pen Parallel Pen 2-Color Calligraphy Pen Set, September 12, 2011
Great product. I found it to be very user friendly. The ink from one cartridge lasted me through 20 pages of full illustrations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best pen I've seen of its kind., August 4, 2012
Pilot's Parallel pens are probably the best pens of its kind. It's very convenient, being able to do calligraphy without having to go through the hassle of getting a jar of ink, ink cleaner, and hot water. This pen seems to be able to make very sharp lines, although the ink does feather easily if you leave it in one place for long, which is kind of necessary if you want to be careful with your strokes. It does dry fairly fast, however, which is nice. The product description says that it includes a cartridge of blue ink and a cartridge of red ink, though I've gotten red and black instead. It's a plus for me though, because most people like their calligraphy in black. Another plus about this pen is that it can write from any side, including its edges, so that you could essentially use this like a pen if you don't have one handy. However, I don't like how the cleaning cartridge can't be used as a converter. All in all, very nice pen. I hope they will make a new pen in the future with the same nib and higher grade materials, and perhaps make it so that the cap can be posted.

‹ Previous | 1 2 312 | Next ›