Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on August 21, 2012
I love these gel-ink pens! If you're like me and prefer to use gel-ink because it writes more smoothly and has a bolder, thicker line than other pens, then you will love these gel-ink pens!

I happen to be very picky about the type of pen I use, and I've been disappointed time and again by thin writing gel pens that write more like a cheap ball-point pen! Gel ink pens with points of 0.5 mm, and 0.38 mm are called "extra fine point," and "ultra fine point," respectively, but they all feel like they're scratching at the paper while I write! I used to purchase the 0.7 mm gel-ink pens, which are still listed as a "fine point" pen, and while it was better than the other two, it still didn't glide along seamlessly enough for me.

This product, the Pilot G2 Premium Gel Ink Rolling Ball Pens have a GREAT 1.0 BOLD POINT and are the BEST gel-ink pens I've ever used! When I originally bought these, I purchased 3packs of them! I am so glad I did, cuz they write so smoothly! I will most assuredly purchase these again in the future!
on August 26, 2015
A small bit of background: I am a professional arranger of music; I have tried a ton of different gel pens. I am always looking for a pen that better compliments my handwriting and makes very dark, clean straight lines and fills in areas with ease. these "bold" pens were actually thinner (line size) than my medium point pens. they did not fill well at all. My best comparison is a cheap bic ball point - a standard big ball point would've done the job equally well.

I prepared a Very quick and dirty comparison of this pen to two others I use regularly. The uniball signo Bold 207 is my current favorite; I also included a pentel energel .07. in the photo, the g2 is the one in the center, and, as you can easily see, it is the thinnest, least clean of the bunch. (Again, please pardon my two second writing sample, it makes my handwriting look worse than usual, but it gets the point across)
review image
on February 25, 2012
I'm sick of all these new "fine point" pens that seem to be all you can get. This BOLD Point brings back writing like the old days when you could read with ease. This G2 Bold pointer is just what we need!
Thanks Pilot. M. Lucky
on May 31, 2012
I was heartbroken when I found out that Pentel no longer made a pen that I have been using for over 10 years. Since they no longer made refills, either, I had to hunt for a replacement. Saw these and decided to try. What a great find!

These gel ink, retractable, 1.0 line pens are perfect for those who like smooth strokes and bold lines. They are "clickable" and you can see through the top two-thirds of the barrel; when the ink level reaches the rubber grip it's time to buy a refill or new pens. Unfortunately, Amazon does not sell refills for this pen, but they are available elsewhere.

The biggest drawback to this type of pen is that the ink dries slowly and smudges easily. You have to get used to using this type of pen and plan for some dry time, blot, or blow.
on February 8, 2012
Everyone likes the Pilot G2, but few people even know about the bold point G2. Its just as smooth as the medium but much darker and thicker. I use this in high school where I can go through a pen every two weeks at the most. The ink goes very fast! I can see the ink level drop a considerable amount in just one class period. I still like this pen though and is definitely my favorite. I you like the medium G2, definitely try this one.
on January 8, 2015
These are the best. It's SO hard to find pens that have bold tips and these provide the perfect bold stroke. I have already purchased a second pack! The colors are very true and I highly recommend!
on December 15, 2014
These are quality pens. I like the bold stroke of this pen and it does last longer than many "bold" pens. I have ordered these several times. I will order them again.
on February 18, 2014
Bold, and very easy to write with. Glides easily along the paper. Beautiful blue color. Does not smear easily on paper like other pens.
on February 4, 2013
Exactly what I needed, on time and in fine shape. Ten more words are required for this review. Here they are.
22 comments5 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 28, 2015
I like to use different color inks and these do not leak in the bottom of my pen holders.