5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Show
I think this is one of the best New TV shows in 2011. I heard NBC has pulled the plug and this first season will be the last. Watch it while you can. The characters are real life and not hokey, the script is original and fresh, and NBC is full of a bunch of idiots.
Published on December 26, 2011 by Emoore

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't care for it
I've watched multiple episodes. I tried. After a couple episodes I realized that none of the characters are likeable. Who wants to watch a show where all the characters are jerks. Except a couple background characters. I'm guessing that's why it didn't last more than a season. Personally, I'm surprised it made it that many episodes. Ironsides at least had a likeable...
Published 3 months ago by Holly Kubaskie

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Show, December 26, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars NBC get some perspective and challenge your male gaze, December 30, 2011
So "Prime Suspect" and "Revenge" have these two really great women in the lead roles and both episodic shows are on the chopping block........regardless of the fact that both are bursting with SMART writing, great directing, and smash-up acting. The male producers with their male gazes have a wickedly short attention span for capturing audiences when it comes to women in lead roles. For example something like 'ALPHAS', though worth giving a second season, gets that second chance, testosterone and all. And please, don't think I'm a feminist; I'm a female realist who knows talent and good story telling when she sees it. NBC, get some perspective, you're falling behind the times, this show is on the cutting edge....... it shouldn't be on the chopping block. Viewers, check it out, see what I mean.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly Surprised, September 23, 2011
This review is from: Prime Suspect Season 1 (Amazon Instant Video)
After NYPD Blue, and The Shield, and just too many good cops and crooks shows to list, I just didn't figure a new one would be any good. But I was watching the ending of Season Seven of 'The Shield' and saw this one was coming on tonite, and figured I'd give it a shot.

I had seen Helen Mirren in the British version, loved it, and had read some other reviews today, that said the feminist hassles that *that* show's hero faces just didn't fly anymore, and I agree...but they didn't really push the feminist angle that much: more just the new cop on the block trying to take an older well-loved cop's place, and that is believable.

A lot of Prime Suspect *was* somewhat predictable, hell, it's an NYC cop series, what did I expect...but the show itself, and the plot, quickly caught me up, and some great NYC movie shooting scenes , as we all know, The City becomes a huge part of the show, if it's any good, and this one used New York's streets to great advantage.

Maria Bello was a serious tough cop, and by the time of the funeral in the early part of the show, she and her partner seemed to be taking each other's measure in a more favorable way. I'll have to see a few more shows, but if you do like NY police series, hardboiled cops, and yeah, Maria Bello, you'll probably like this one. Way better than anything else of it's ilk now showing. Yeah, I'm burntout, but I"m going to give this one a try, as it does seem well made. I'm waiting to see some other shows first, and see how some of the others liked it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Series, December 31, 2011
One of the best and most realistic female cop shows on TV. An show where the police woman actually does not wear make-up, keeps her hair pulled back and wears sensible clothing to a crime scene. If the network pulled this... it is obviously because they can't risk funding a series that doesn't promote a barbie doll or a handful of Ken's as backup.

5.0 out of 5 stars Please Don't Cancel This Show!!, December 4, 2011
Finally, a cop show with a real female lead. Maria Bello is perfect as an intelligent, funny, somewhat emotionally banged-up detective that is believable. She kicks that chick on SUV's can in the looks and acting department. Great ensemble, excellent writing and multidimensional characters. One of the smartest shows on network television.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Remake of a Great Series, December 26, 2012
Sean "oso65" (San Leandro, CA) - See all my reviews
Being a big fan of the original series with Helen Mirren, I didn't expect to like the American version, but this show is great! I can't understand why it wasn't picked up for a second season. The characters are complex and interesting, the plots are captivating, and the cast does a great job. It's sad there aren't more episodes.

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPER GREAT STARS ON THIS SERIES!, January 30, 2013
WATCHED EVERY EPISODE. THIS IS A GREAT SHOW ! PURCHASED THE SEASON . I WISH THEY WOULD PUT IT BACK ON THE AIR!

5.0 out of 5 stars what was NBC thinking, February 24, 2013
to pull this show off after 1 seasons was the worst thing the ever did this was a great show

5.0 out of 5 stars NBC blew it !, February 2, 2013
This series hooked me from the first episode and NBC canceled it ? BOO ! bad move ! the characters were unique and believe me, Helen Mirren is a tough act to follow, but I loved Maria bello !

I would have been a very loyal follower. Maria, you rock !

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting police drama...sadly cancelled!, December 24, 2012
I really enjoyed watching this show when if first appeared on television and was saddened when I found out it had been cancelled. I would have purchased it on DVD had it been available - so far the streaming version is great, though I worry about it becoming unavailable later.

Bottom line: Good show to watch, interesting characters and stories.

Pilot