4.0 out of 5 stars Pine Technology SM300T D'Music Portable MP3-CD Player Review
Published on July 6, 2001 by Arkady Fastovsky

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyers beware
Published on August 2, 2001 by boardingatvail

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyers beware, August 2, 2001
This review is from: Pine Technology SM300T D'Music Portable MP3-CD Player (Electronics)
I have an old sony cd player with 1 bit DAC(which means it skips if you touch it). So I purchased this cd player to replace my "vintage" Sony. I thought it was a great deal for playing audio cds and mp3 files. When I received the package I opened it up popped in an mp3 cd and let it play. It played great and sounded good but as I held it and moved it around it started to skip. I thought the antishock was turned off but I found out there is not a way to turn it off or on for that matter. I set it down to let the antishock build up then I tapped the player and sure enough it skipped. It also did it with audio cd's.
This is not something I could carry around in my backpack and listen to music with or use it in my car it as I intended.
The only apparent advantages over my Sony was that this player could play mp3s and had a more EQ capabilities. The sony still sounds better though.
In addition to it's poor performance it was very slow in skipping to the next track. Maybe that is just a common thing with these players but I do know that this player is not worth what it is advertised as. Especially since it appears to be cheaply built. The case seem to be as cheap as one of those cheap tape players you buy for $9.99. The remote wasn't that good either. I had to press the remote buttons pretty hard to get it to work.
Within 30-45 minutes of getting the player it was boxed back up, shipping paid, and waiting to be picked up by the ups truck.
Needless to say I was not happy. I am going to just spend the money and buy the Rioport for like 160.00 from a local retailer.
I still don't understand why this player is rated as a 4 star unless I just got a bad unit.
But don't just take my word for it. I just had to put the information out there.
Have a great day!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pine Technology SM300T D'Music Portable MP3-CD Player Review, July 6, 2001
As a person who really interested in mp3-cd player's i will say that this is a really descent mp3-cd player, the remote is small and easy to operate, the sound is clear and good, the 6 equalizer modes proved to be really usefull, and the album selection option really adds a lot to the search, now the main problem is that there is a problem of skipping songs fast but other pluses such as great sound,6 equalizer modes, remote control and pretty large battery life really make that minus forgetable