4.0 out of 5 stars love the look, but not as advertised
Published 20 months ago by glaserprincess

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it
This was a total waste of money. It peeled off my nails when I was hand washing some dishes. Do not recommend this product!
Published 22 months ago by Barbara Tyler

4.0 out of 5 stars love the look, but not as advertised, April 24, 2013
This review is from: Pink Armor Nail Growth Formula Treatments, 0.50 Fluid Ounce (Misc.)
I found this product in the "as seen on TV" section at Walgreens I did not order it online so this is a review of the product NOT the actual pink armor official site. I have been using this for about a month and there are some great and some not so great things. First off- You cannot rub your freshly painted nails in a pile of rocks and expect it not to scratch- come on who actually believed that anyway. 2nd- I do not think that this makes my nails any stronger than normal nail polish definitely not as strong as actual gel nail polish that has to be cured with a UV light but there are trade offs.
Now for the good things-First- Absolutely LOVE the way my painted nails look, they are pinkish (almost fluorescent) not sure if the whites are whiter but at least they do not turn "orangeish or yellowish" if you paint your nails you know what I mean. 2nd- This stuff dries VERY quickly I paint one hand then the other right away and when the 2nd hand is painted the first hand is dry and ready for another coat. I usually put 3 coats on right away (takes about 5-10 minutes that includes both hands and dry time) then one coat every other day just to keep it fresh looking. I usually remove everything once a week and start over. 3rd- This can be removed with normal nail polish remover ( I do use acetone based remover not sure if Non acetone remover would work the same) But no soaking for 20 minutes like with UV cure gel polish, just put on a cotton ball and rub off like any other nail polish.
NOTES- After I remove the polish I wash my hands with warm soapy water and use an old toothbrush to scrub them clean (a little toothpaste on the toothbrush works wonders to keep your nails healthy and clean). Before I re-polish my nails I put 99% alcohol on a cotton swab and wipe my nails to make sure all oil is removed, then I paint them and it usually lasts a week without peeling off (I have had a terrible time getting nail polish to NOT peel off my nails I have used many brands and base coats and even a salon manicure peels off in a few days unless it is the UV cure Gel polish). If you have the same problem try the alcohol step it might work with any polish.
I will definitely continue to use this if for nothing else the quick dry time, week long staying power and pretty pink color.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Product!!!, September 20, 2013
I am 49 years old and have NEVER had long nails! I have suffered with ugly, thin, splitting weak nails my entire life. This is the first and only product that has given me absolutely long beautiful strong nails with white tips. The secret is to apply 2 coats at night time and then one coat every day for a week - then start all over again. You will see results very very quickly. Best time to apply is at night before bed - I have never had a problem with the polish peeling off unless I apply in the day and use hot water within a few hours. I'm on my second bottle and absolutely love this product!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love This Product!, April 2, 2013
I love this product! I disagree with the negative reviews. I did not see the TV ad but I can attest to my own use of Pink Armor Nail Gel polish. I am 44. I have used Sally Hansen products exclusively since I was 13. I have had extremely healthy nails all of my life (so healthy that people always asked what I used on my nails), until 2 years ago when I got gel Shellac Nail polish in a salon. I loved the "look" of the Shellac but after 6 months of getting Shellac, my nails started to break easily and be weak. I think it was because of the Acetone Polish to remove the Shellac moreso than the Shellac. For a year and half, I went to my "go to" products with Sally Hansen. I was so disappointed that none of them helped. I thought my beautiful healthy natural nails had been doomed forever. Then, one day in Wal-Mart I saw THIS product. I tried it and loved it! For me, after only 4 weeks of use, my nails are once again strong, and long! My nails have not been in this good health for 2 years! I am so happy about this I LOOKED for a place to write a review. It DOES give my nails a "pink" tone, almost flourescent in color but that color is more noticeable when I am outside in the sunlight. It is expensive and I do believe it should be priced more in line with regular nail polish. It does not stay on as long as gel Shellac. But it comes off easily with regular polish remover. I used it as directed - one coat per day for 5 days, then remove and re-start the process. I love it so much, I bought 6 bottles and another 3 for my sister-in-law to try! I hope the manufacturers continue to sell this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pink Armor Nail Gel Rocks!, July 12, 2013
I recently had my nails done at the salon - UV activated gel tips - it looked beautiful. I even had it touched up - and it was lovely...
but then when it came time to remove the gel - the underlying nail was damaged, brittle and chipping. My nails were a disaster!
I vowed never to get it done again. But how to get beautiful nails? I don't have strong lucious nails in the first place...
I tried Pink Armor Nail Gel - for a fraction of the price of salon nails. I applied 3 coats the first time.
It looked amazing! It felt just like gel polish, smooth and shiny - the nails are pink and the white looks healthy. After the first application??!!
I kept it on for 5 days as the instructions read - the Pink armor did not peel or chip during that time - and I work a lot with water and chemicals. I removed with regular polish remover and applied another 3 coats. Some days I even put 4-5 coats on to get the gel look - it's awesome!
My nails are actually growing out! They look 100% better - You can even touch up on day 3 for a beautiful glistened look to day 5 -
I recommend this product to anyone who wants to take care of their nails. PINK ARMOR NAIL GEL ROCKS! I finally have strong nails - and they're my own! Buy it today! That's my honest opinion!Pink Armor Nail Gel As Seen On TV

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, August 18, 2013
I don't submit very many reviews but felt strongly about this product.

I have very weak, peeling nails. This is my 2nd week using Pink Armour and I already see a difference. My nails feel stronger and they are actually longer than before I started using it.

Would definitely recommend trying it out.

5.0 out of 5 stars great stuff for real!!, May 6, 2013
I have very thin nails that peel like paper. I bought this product on a whim and my nails have grown for the first time in years!!! It fills in the creases in my nails and protects them from everything....I am amazed girls!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it, February 25, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars not worth the money, February 26, 2013
I was excited to try this product to help my manicure last longer. I had my nails done at a salon and had them use the pink armor as the base coat and top coat as it advertises. By the 2nd day, one of my nails peeled and by the end of the week, my nails were chipped. My nails held up better with just the regular base and top coat. I was very dissapointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dries quickly, pretty color., July 9, 2014
I really like it. It was recommended to me by a co-worker who loves it. Her nails are very hard after using it for several weeks. Mine are better for sure but not as hard. Could be because I have very thin and tend-to-peel nails. My favorite thing about this polish is that it dries quickly! Will buy again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, December 16, 2013
Ok so.....I specifically looked up the reviews on this products after using for 6 months now. I am a manicurist and decided to try this product. I think this is a great product especially for my customers who do not like color on their nails. A couple of my customers now purchase it for themselves. I work in a small salon and I found the shellac was damaging after a while to their nails. This product has been a great alternative. I, myself use it faithfully. I do believe it makes your nails not only look healthy but my nails look pretty great now. Thumbs up from me.