Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on April 24, 2013
I found this product in the "as seen on TV" section at Walgreens I did not order it online so this is a review of the product NOT the actual pink armor official site. I have been using this for about a month and there are some great and some not so great things. First off- You cannot rub your freshly painted nails in a pile of rocks and expect it not to scratch- come on who actually believed that anyway. 2nd- I do not think that this makes my nails any stronger than normal nail polish definitely not as strong as actual gel nail polish that has to be cured with a UV light but there are trade offs.
Now for the good things-First- Absolutely LOVE the way my painted nails look, they are pinkish (almost fluorescent) not sure if the whites are whiter but at least they do not turn "orangeish or yellowish" if you paint your nails you know what I mean. 2nd- This stuff dries VERY quickly I paint one hand then the other right away and when the 2nd hand is painted the first hand is dry and ready for another coat. I usually put 3 coats on right away (takes about 5-10 minutes that includes both hands and dry time) then one coat every other day just to keep it fresh looking. I usually remove everything once a week and start over. 3rd- This can be removed with normal nail polish remover ( I do use acetone based remover not sure if Non acetone remover would work the same) But no soaking for 20 minutes like with UV cure gel polish, just put on a cotton ball and rub off like any other nail polish.
NOTES- After I remove the polish I wash my hands with warm soapy water and use an old toothbrush to scrub them clean (a little toothpaste on the toothbrush works wonders to keep your nails healthy and clean). Before I re-polish my nails I put 99% alcohol on a cotton swab and wipe my nails to make sure all oil is removed, then I paint them and it usually lasts a week without peeling off (I have had a terrible time getting nail polish to NOT peel off my nails I have used many brands and base coats and even a salon manicure peels off in a few days unless it is the UV cure Gel polish). If you have the same problem try the alcohol step it might work with any polish.
I will definitely continue to use this if for nothing else the quick dry time, week long staying power and pretty pink color.
66 comments| 312 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 29, 2014
I've never writen a review before but pink armor has helped not only my nails grow, but it keeps my polish on for a week! That's huge. I have to reapply about every other day to keep my Polish from chipping but I've never come across another product that could keep my polish on after washing dishes or showering, let alone a week later. When I don't wear colored polish, my nails look healthy, shiny and they are long! I know if I reapply pink armor a few times a week my nails won't break and my polish won't chip. I'm very pleased with this product.
review image
on September 20, 2013
I am 49 years old and have NEVER had long nails! I have suffered with ugly, thin, splitting weak nails my entire life. This is the first and only product that has given me absolutely long beautiful strong nails with white tips. The secret is to apply 2 coats at night time and then one coat every day for a week - then start all over again. You will see results very very quickly. Best time to apply is at night before bed - I have never had a problem with the polish peeling off unless I apply in the day and use hot water within a few hours. I'm on my second bottle and absolutely love this product!!!
11 comment| 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 27, 2016
Ever since I was a little girl, I have wanted long, natural beautiful nails. This is the ONLY product I have tried in my entire life that has given me perfect, easy and beautiful results! Before I purchased this polish, my nails were brittle and stained. The moment I applied the polish, it disguised most of the stain, to the point where I was comfortable wearing my nails without colored polish. I began wearing only this polish for a few weeks and gave my nails a chance to grow out to a pretty length. All I did was shape them. They looked better than they did when I would go get manicures! Before I knew it, I had long nails!
This polish makes your nails very shiny and gives a healthy pink tint. Many times when I go to the nail salon, the nail techs ask if I am wearing gel polish. It looks that good! The more coats you apply, the better it looks. I have used this product for over a year now. I have ventured to other nail strengtheners and nothing compares. There is nothing like being able to put on a clear coat of polish and have your nails look like you have a natural looking French or American manicure. HIGHLY recommended!
on July 12, 2013
I recently had my nails done at the salon - UV activated gel tips - it looked beautiful. I even had it touched up - and it was lovely...
but then when it came time to remove the gel - the underlying nail was damaged, brittle and chipping. My nails were a disaster!
I vowed never to get it done again. But how to get beautiful nails? I don't have strong lucious nails in the first place...
I tried Pink Armor Nail Gel - for a fraction of the price of salon nails. I applied 3 coats the first time.
It looked amazing! It felt just like gel polish, smooth and shiny - the nails are pink and the white looks healthy. After the first application??!!
I kept it on for 5 days as the instructions read - the Pink armor did not peel or chip during that time - and I work a lot with water and chemicals. I removed with regular polish remover and applied another 3 coats. Some days I even put 4-5 coats on to get the gel look - it's awesome!
My nails are actually growing out! They look 100% better - You can even touch up on day 3 for a beautiful glistened look to day 5 -
I recommend this product to anyone who wants to take care of their nails. PINK ARMOR NAIL GEL ROCKS! I finally have strong nails - and they're my own! Buy it today! That's my honest opinion!Pink Armor Nail Gel As Seen On TV
on June 15, 2014
I hadn't seen the advertisement for this product when I purchased it. I found it at Walgreen's. At first, I thought it was the gel that is used for the false tips. I wanted to start using that to build up my nails so that they would grow. I didn't want the false tips though. My doctor uses that gel and her nails are really long. Anyway, when I found out it wasn't, I was disappointed but thought I'd try this anyway since I'd spent $10 on it. I came in here and found reviews that gave tips on how to use it and I thought I'd post those tips here for others who haven't ever used it before. It was a good thing I read some of the reviews or I probably would have made the same mistakes others have.

--Apply at least four hours before bathing or submerging your hands in water. I bathe in the mornings so I always put the polish on before bedtime. Some people have complained that when they take a shower, it peels off the nail. I haven't had that happen so I'm wondering if it is because they polished their nails soon before taking their shower.

--Clip, buff and/or file nails and push back cuticles before applying. Wash your hands and scrub under nails. Use rubbing alcohol to wipe off nails. Do not put hand lotion on before applying Pink Armor because it will create a coat (even if not noticeable) of oil on the nail which will cause the gel to not adhere as well. Use your hand lotion after the nails have dried from the final coat.

--Apply two to three coats allowing it to dry in between applications. It dries pretty quick. I put three coats on mine. It says in the instructions to remove gel with nail polish remover once a week and put on fresh coats but I have been doing it when their is new nail growth or when it starts to look a little "beat up". Sometimes by then there are tiny areas where the gel has started to peel. For me, that's about every five days give or take a day. Yes, it comes off with remover but it takes some doing to get it off because it is harder and thicker than ordinary nail polish.

--In between the main application, apply a coat of the gel about every other day. If you see it peeling on one nail, remove it and apply a couple new coats.

--When you are going to submerge your hands in water or in using cleaning chemicals (such as dishwashing or in cleaning the kitchen or bathrooms) ALWAYS put on rubber gloves. If you don't have them, get a pair and put them near your kitchen sink and in your bathroom so that you will always be reminded to use them. This gel is very strong and thick but no polish is going to adhere to the nail for any substantial length of time if it is repeatedly submerged in water.

--Some people complain that this product causes the nails to become brittle and break. I haven't had that happen to me yet but it might be from putting too many coats on making them too stiff and brittle but I don't know. Maybe their also futzing with them too much, touching or bending them or something.

My nails have been cracking, splitting and tearing for many years. I haven't been able to get any real length out of them because they always get damaged before they can grow out and I'm constantly clipping them back when they break. Since I started using this gel about a month ago, I now have nail growth happening. They are getting pretty long. This product does not make them grow or even make them stronger when the polish is not on them but it does give them a fighting chance to grow out. It protects them from damage. When I get more nail growth, I want to start using the gels that I was talking about before. That way, they won't be too thick from many applications of it.

As far as how they make your nails look--they look pinkish. Not fake looking pink but like a healthy glow. They make the nail bed look healthier. I don't know that they make the nail look whiter though. Cleaning your nails underneath well will help that part look whiter. The gel does make the nail harder and tougher.

If you follow these tips, you should have no problems.
on August 18, 2013
I don't submit very many reviews but felt strongly about this product.

I have very weak, peeling nails. This is my 2nd week using Pink Armour and I already see a difference. My nails feel stronger and they are actually longer than before I started using it.

Would definitely recommend trying it out.
on November 9, 2015
PRIOR to placing this order with Amazon, I've been purchasing Pink Armor for years at numerous places and have always been 100% satisfied .
I am 100% UNSATISFIED with the bottle of Pink Armor I received from Amazon. It does not have the unique "pink tint" that ALL other bottles have, nor does it go on or dry with the hard shiny gel-like finish of Pink Armor! I might as well have bought a bottle of $.99 clear polish at the dollar store!
Extremely disappointed in the product I received !!!!!!!!!!!!
review image
on July 9, 2014
I really like it. It was recommended to me by a co-worker who loves it. Her nails are very hard after using it for several weeks. Mine are better for sure but not as hard. Could be because I have very thin and tend-to-peel nails. My favorite thing about this polish is that it dries quickly! Will buy again!
on February 10, 2014
I Have Never seen this advertised so not sure what "they claim" it to do... I WILL Tell You I am 49 years old and I have Never Been able to Grow my nails long. They have always been very, very short and super thin. I noticed this on the shelf at a local pharmacy. I did not purchase from Amazon, but my bottle is getting low so I'm online trying to get a cheaper deal. I cannot believe the difference in my nails in a months time.. I will continue stocking up on this product, for it has truly made a BIG DIFFERENCE IN STRENGTHING My Nails. I apply 2 coats each time I apply. Today is the first time I am applying color along with it so cannot comment on how long color stays on using this. I work in health care and wash my hands constantly, the Gel polish alone has lasted 5 to 7 days before I remove completely and start over. I haven't read the other reviews and I am not one to post them, but when I am searching I always read the reviews so I wanted to write and tell you WORKS FOR ME!