Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pink Friday, Roman Reloaded
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

on April 3, 2012
The biggest problem with people & Nicki Minaj is that they feel like she's a sellout because she went from rap to pop. Truth is, she is both & that's okay. I will never understand why artists aren't allowed to venture out into new genres, why we want to keep artists in a box. The woman is doing something that no female rapper has ever done, she's a cross over female rapper & she's gone to levels female rappers never went before. This album proves that she can have the best of both worlds, she is very talented, her diversity and fearlessness is something to be admired. Most artists wouldn't dare leave their comfort zone especially a rapper. But she ventured out & did an amazing job while doing it.
99 comments|82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 3, 2012
A small dose of rap, an overdose of pop. That being said, 95% of these songs are quite addictive and I foresee the majority of them peaking within the Top 5 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. Nicki possesses some very decent emceeing skills and the too-short rap portion of 'Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded' left me craving more of that. Once "Starships" comes along though, the album takes a turn to pop of the extremely sweet and bubbly sort. Not necessarily a bad thing, just slightly disappointing for the hip-hop fan.

This album is not going to help or hinder Nicki Minaj in any way; I think it's very fun (it has "summer" written all over it), but ultimately forgettable, unfortunately. I could be wrong though - if many of the tracks this album has to offer end up blowing up on the charts, she could have a monstrous hit on her hands.

Be aware of what you're getting yourself into before you buy it. If you're coming for hip-hop, I'd suggest looking elsewhere first. 90% of 'Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded' is radio-friendly pop. Very upbeat and it will undoubtedly lift your spirits, but it sounds identical to everything else that all "hit music" radio statins are spinning right now. Nothing new or different.
22 comments|56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 4, 2012
I have to say that I was surprised when I got this album, there are so many songs on this cd. First off I have to say that I love Nicki Minaj being so colorful and outspoken. He album art work describes her colorful! I can listen to this cd for days on end and not be tired of it because there is so much to choose from.

There aren't too many songs on this album that I skip. Nicki provided another album with great love songs, catchy hooks, hood anthems, silly songs and tracks that make you want to dance and have fun.

Really Great Cd!!!!!!!!!!
on April 17, 2012
A lot of mixed feelings and reviews with this album and Nicki Minaj as an artist. However, to sum this album up is like Nicki Minaj summed it up, "Freedom" and not locked into a box. She went into the recording studio and just went for it-no formula, no script. And that's the uniqueness and versatility of her as an artist, which is always a great thing. You have to stand out and she does that with no problem.

LOVE THE ALBUM! Not so fond of the d*** and p**** lyrics, because I know she can come off lyrically better than that 100%, but however, the dance/pop/R&B stuff is refreshing the most of the album. And it points out the UNRECOGNIZED side of her (artistally and genre-wise) that's truly talented. If she can just step away from the crappiness of Lil' Wayne and the Cash Money BS, she can soar.

If you are not open minded, don't buy the album. If you love versatility and "FREEDOM", you will get your money's worth.

Get em' Nicki!
After an incredibly interesting Grammy Awards performance of "Roman Holiday," one new that Nicki Minaj's follow-up to Pink Friday would be a manic, left-field one. Sure enough, Pink Friday ... Roman Reloaded (Deluxe Version) [Explicit] is `all over the place.' Where Pink Friday was more `user friendly' (excluding "Roman's Revenge" of course), Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded is less accessible, over-stuffed, and lacks `balance.' That isn't to say there are no good or even great songs, but Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded feels as if it would have been better served to have been condensed, reordered, or turned into a double album. Minaj dedicates most of the first portion on the album to rap while the second half is devoted to pop, contemporary R&B, and techno-infused dance-pop.

"Roman Holiday" turns out to be one of the better cuts of Roman Reloaded, but is certainly off-putting upon initial listen. Minaj begins singing the hook of the song in a British Accent, playing off her alter ego of `Roman,' not unlike "Roman's Revenge" from her first album. The hook is bizarre and upon it's completion, Minaj raps `harder' than she's ever rapped before. Oscillating between overt rhymes and manic vocals on the hook, the most bizarre part might be the bridge section in which Minaj lifts off the popular Christmas carol "O Come All Ye Faithful." Yikes! As crazy as it is, "Roman Holiday" does showcase the artist being creative and thinking outside of the box. With successive listens, "Roman Holiday" even manages to grown on you.

"Come On A Cone" taps Hit-Boy for a minimalistic rap production, incorporating a repetitive synth. Nicki continues an overt rap-centric approach, delivering rather frank, `unladylike' rhymes. Regardless weather you're offended or not, Minaj is at her best on this effort when she does not hold back. Even better is the follow-up, "I Am Your Leader," which features Cam'ron and Rick Ross. Hit-Boy again delivers a dynamic, odd-ball production. Minaj raps through two stellar verses, leaving the last two verses for Rick Ross and Cam'Ron. "I Am Your Leader" turns out to be one of the album's best cuts, if for no other reason than the catchy, simple hook ("I am your leader, yes I am your leader/you're not a believer..."). "Beez in the Trap" features up-and-coming rapper 2 Chainz. On the cut, in her own dirty fashion, Minaj addresses haters talking about her, etc. The message is nothing new, but Minaj manages to execute it creatively.

"HOV Lane" is less stellar than the previous four cuts, but is still solid. On this cut, Nicki Minaj crowns herself as being in the same league as Jay-Z (HOV), who is largely considered a "God" in rap music. "Roman Reloaded," featuring Lil Wayne is quite enjoyable, continuing portray a harder-edged Minaj, accentuated by the nastiness of Lil Wayne. "Champion" comes off as a rap festival, featuring rhymes from Nas, Drake, & Young Jeezy. The result is a solid, though not exceptional track. Aside from Minaj, Nas's verse (verse 4) is definitely the strongest.

At this point, the sound of the album begins to change. "Right By My Side" features Chris Brown and possesses more of a pop/R&B sound. Nicky sings the first verse and hook, though she raps the final verse of the song. While the collaboration should yield `fire,' it is luke warm. "Sex in the Lounge," featuring Lil Wayne and Bobby V, is merely average. The main issue is the fact that there is nothing new brought to the table. The theme of the song is rather corny as are the lyrics making the song just clumsy. The album then delves into techno-/Euro-styled pop, which yields mixed results. The best is hit single "Starships," which manages to successfully combine aggressive raps and singing by Minaj over RedOne's production. After that, there are three more successive RedOne productions which seems overindulgent and lackadaisically conceived. "Pound the Alarm" and "Whip It" bring nothing new, while "Automatic" is better but not great.

Alex Da Kid takes the production reins on "Beautiful Sinner," but despite a killer synthesized line, another dance-savvy cut does nothing to reinstate momentum after so much `sameness.' Thankfully, J.R. Rotem's "Marilyn Monroe" changes the pace, finding Nicki Minaj singing a ballad surprisingly convincingly. Dr. Luke's contribution on "Young Forever" is not too bad, but certainly does not `reinvent the wheel.' "Fire Burns" and "Gun Shot," featuring Beenie Man are misses and are `skippers.' "Stupid H**," the final cut on the standard edition is eccentric, but ends up being one of the better cuts overall. If nothing else, it ends the album with the crazy energy that Minaj opened the album with. The Deluxe version does little to atone for a higher price, delivering David Guetta produced "Turn Me On," "Va Va Boom," and "Masquerade," all of which add little to the overall album.

Essentially,Pink Friday ... Roman Reloaded (Deluxe Version) [Explicit] is everybody's own call. The album is overstuffed and even when Minaj is her most eccentric, sometimes it is a bit `too much.' While Pink Friday was safe, Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded is too manic and could be better constructed. Even so, there are some good songs.
on December 11, 2014
I just love this CD as much as her last one. She is truly talented. I am not a rap fan by any means, but her lyrics are quite funny. My husband who HATES rap music actually likes her and says she reminds him of a rapping Marilyn Manson. There were a few songs that made him laugh.
on November 2, 2012
It's time to open your eyes and see the talent that is Nicki Minaj. She's truly a talented artist, because she does it all. In this album you will hear Rap, Pop, R&B, Dance, and one Reggae track. I truly believe she's the hottest artist out now and no doubt the greatest female MC ever. Now she's going to put out "Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded "the Re-up" 11-19-12 it's available for Pre-order now. She's doing this for us 'the Fans' how can you hate that. I mean where's kim and why did it take 5 years for us to hear from eve and missy, and now one is buying their new singles anyways. I want Nicki, the world wants Nicki.
on December 5, 2014
Nicki's album only wanna get me jamming through crazy all the time with the Pop/Hip-Hop she got on all songs are really good. Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded is the first album of Nicki Minaj I ever brought and do like it.
on April 30, 2012
Nicki has been my guilty pleasure for the past year or so. I was a big fan of her first album. I tended to gravitate more toward the rap songs, which is surprising because I am not that big of a rap fan. This album is just disappointing because although the last album definitely had a pop sensibility, it didn't feel forced; this does. It feels like, especially the latter half of the album, that she and her team are just fishing for a hit. I actually think people are making a bigger deal than they should about this album being too "poppy," because, the last one was more "poppy" than people seem to admit. However, what IS disappointing is that she seems to just be trying on many different hats JUST to get radio play. That all being said, I have still been listening to a handful of songs nonstop. But as a whole, the album just doesn't hold my attention. I tend to listen to five or so songs over and over, but skip the rest. Sadly, purchasing individual songs through a digital downloading service might be recommended. Stand out songs for me are: "Beez in the Trap," "Roman Reloaded," "Champion," "Starships," "Pound the Alarm," "Marilyn Monroe," and "Va Va Voom."
on December 26, 2013
Where to start on this disaster? My first question is...How on Earth did she become famous? Honestly?
I listened to her songs and her voice absolutely shatters my ears! I would rather take old Justin Beaver over most of her songs.
I only like some of her songs that she sings like a NORMAL PERSON! I absolutely hate how her voice sounds like she sings with her nostrils-pinched together! I hear her crap on the radio and people rave about her stuff! I tried to suffer through it but I can't do it anymore.
I think the guy who signed her to become famous is hearing-impaired. Or wanted to give the music industry "fresh" fake talent.
Nicki Minaj thinks she's all that and a bag of chips, sorry to disappoint you, honey but I'd rather go deaf.
What is wrong with the music industry to sign her? or even have her be a judge on American Idol or whatever it is.
I sing horrible, but I know I sing better than her! I would rather listen to a normal-voiced person like Katy Perry.
Sorry to those who like her music but I'd rather cut my ears off!