Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fairy Set
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 10, 2011
I was so excited and could not wait to recieve this dress-up set. The picture looked like a beautiful set for a little girl to play dress up in or wear as a costume. It was my fault, perhaps, in not viewing the images close-up. I was not expecting the ribbons attached to the head-piece to be packaging ribbon. Maybe that wouldn't have been so bad as the ribbon did not even match the skirt or flowers in the head-piece. Those two things really made the item look cheap and I was disappointed. The outfit did not come in a nice package either. It came in a plain clear celofane bag with the barcode on it.

I decided I would keep the item because I still liked the idea for a gift and the skirt was so cute and seemed to be made well enough. I took off the packaging ribbon on the headpiece and wand. I purchased for $2.00 some nice hair-type (fabric) ribbon to match the skirt and flowers in the headpiece. I tied on the ribbon to the headpiece over the top of where the other ribbon was attached. I had only a little difficulty removing the metal clip holding the ribbon to the headpiece but was eventually able to cut it off with a wire cutter. I also was able to attach the ribbon nicely by tying it on. I was also able to attach the ribbon to the wand the same way the manufacturer attached the packaging ribbon to the wand by using hot glue. It took me less than 30 min. and now I am satisfied with how it looks. I feel this is the way I imagined the outfit to look when I ordered it.

I will probably package the item in a clothes box - I just would have liked better packaging so the recipient would know for sure they are getting a new gift and not something that looks cheap or used.
on August 6, 2012
I was very pleased when we received this item. My daughter loved it and wore it for her birthday. It has everything you need for you DD to become a fairy princess. the tiara was lovely and she wore it the whole day
on October 29, 2012
I ordered this for my 2 1/2 year old. She loves it. Attention is hard to keep with little ones but this dress up play set does the trick. She will play for hours and likes it so much that she wants to wear her flower crown and tutu to pre-school.
on October 19, 2012
This set is surprisingly nice for the price I paid. My niece loved it for her 3rd birthday. I think the wand is the perfect finishing touch.
on October 13, 2013
For the price and what comes with it, it was a gd deal but when it came in the mail my daughter was let down because it didn't come with the right wand and it initially stated that it came with a pink butterfly wand and a bag. She received neither of those but amazon made it right.
on June 7, 2013
If you are on the fence about this set, do yourself a favor and buy it now! I found this while looking for a new tutu for my daughter's 3rd birthday party. After becoming very annoyed with the number of cheaply made, tacky and very overpriced options I found, I decided to look on Amazon. I was thrilled when I found this magical 5 piece set for less than what I expected to pay for the tutu alone. The tutu is well made with a covered satin ribbon waistband and attached flower with a jeweled center. The wings have elastic straps ( similar to a thick hair elastic) that match the color exactly and more importantly, allows my now 3 yr old to easily put them on herself. The body of the wings and the wand are made of a very sheer material ( think thick nylons or tights) that is pretty delicate. After almost a month of daily play, the wings have a few snags and the wand sadly lost it's life during a tantrum yesterday. That being said, the wings still work great and my daughter couldn't care less about the snag. As a previous reviewer complained about, the ribbons on the floral headpiece are basically gift wrap ribbons. This does not detract from the cuteness in any way, or make it look cheap at all. Overall I am thrilled with this purchase and am planning to buy another color soon. Knowing what's out there, this is worrh it for the tutu alone!
on November 6, 2013
This set is a nice value. The tutu material is very soft, and overall the tutu is very sturdy. The wings are very adjustable. I wish the wand had a wooden stick instead of a plastic straw, because it did break after a few months of use. My daughter is not a big fan of the headpiece, but it is holding up well. I think this set could be improved by using a wooden dowel on the wand instead of a plastic stick, and ribbon in lieu of the plastic-y wrapping type of ribbon it has on the headpiece and wand (the plastic-y ribbon tends to tangle).

All in all, this is a very nice set. I would recommend it, especially for a younger child who may not be ready to properly care for a more expensive set. I think my daughter will be playing with this set for quite a while.
on July 22, 2014
My daughter LOVES this outfit. We have had it for over a year now, and she still uses it. The wand and the crown broke in the first week, but the tutu, wings and flower headdress are still perfectly in tact. She is now 3 and wears these things all the time. It was a great buy for the amount of use we have gotten out of it
on August 29, 2013
My almost 3 year old daughter simply loves this costume set, and it keeps her occupied for a good amount of time.

My only qualm has been the quality- the tutu itself, crown and the head-piece are nice, but the wings and the wand are ridiculously filmsy- the wand unravelled the first time she played with it, and the wings are always becoming bent out of shape. I can still somewhat re-shape it, but it's only a matter of time before it completely disintegrates.

I'd be willing to pay more for a better quality product.
on June 25, 2015
My daughter lives in this set. The wand broke fairly easy and early on in having it but tape has kept it together. She loves it. For the price and the excitement for my daughter you can't beat that. Hiccups and all.