Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Format: Paperback|Change

TOP 50 REVIEWERon April 9, 2013
My girls are big fans of Pinkalicious and we have purchased every book. I really mean every book. This story is about Pinkalicious playing on a soccer team named the Pinksters, and they are playing a game against the Ravens. Unfortunately, this story brings back some of the negativity we have seen in other Pinkalicous books. The girls on the Ravens team keep yelling "Pink Stinks". Not my favorite part. Well the game goes along and the teams end up tied. Pinkalicous is getting ready to try to score to prove that Pink is great and all of the sudden, Goldilicous the unicorn shows up and sweeps her off into the sky and then they stop at a bunch of random countries talking to various people. She eventually returns to score the winning goal, but that little fantasy journey in the middle just didn't really make much sense at all. Very bizarre.

All that being said, my girls love it as a bedtime story and my kindergartner does great with it as an early reader. They would probably rate it higher, but there are better Pinkalicous books out there. Try out Pinkalicious: Fairy House. It is great.
on May 4, 2014
I almost ordered this for my 5 year old, who has done a little soccer in the past, but really starts team soccer this summer/fall. But, I came across it before doing so, and read through it. I chose not to order. I thought it would be about Pinkalicious' soccer practice and games, and maybe some moral about trying hard or team work, or being positive in the face of defeat. It's not about soccer, though. It's about the mean girls who don't like pink on the other team, and who have the audacity to say "pink stinks." The rest of the book is about showing them how awesome pink is, and somewhere in the middle of the game, a flying unicorn picks up pinkalicious and takes her around the world, and girls who play soccer around the world show how awesome pink is. (It's really bizarre.) My daughter likes Pinkalicious, but soccer is not about making everything pink, girl drama, what color you're wearing, or rainbows or unicorns. It's about teamwork, and fun with your girlfriends. I also agree with the reviewer who said they were hoping the "mean girl" plot would go away. It's not that I don't think mean girls exist. It's just that I don't think that we need to take every opportunity to "pink up" our girls and introduce them to the idea of making enemies/frenemies based on how "pink" the other girls are, or are not. Boys' soccer books, guaranteed, are not focused on such ridiculous plots. I passed, and am looking for another book. If my daughter explicitly asked me for this at a store, I'd probably get it for her-- I don't think it's THAT bad-- but it's not the kind of soccer- and teamwork-focused book I'm looking for.
on August 13, 2012
This Pinkalicious book once again introduces the concept of Kendra, et al saying that "Pink Stinks". I just am not a fan of this repeat story line. It felt old the first time I read it to my daughter. During the soccer game, Pinkalicious is plucked from the field by Goldie the unicorn and flown around the world...really. Come on. I love fantasy, but this one is a pass.
on May 15, 2013
My 8 year-old granddaughter loves the pinkalicious series. She is excited when she see I have an Amazon delivery.I love seeing her read with such eagerness and joy. I have bought so many Pinkalicious books that is hard to be original with each review sorry.
on October 23, 2015
I bought this for my 6 year old first grader, as she finishes up her first soccer season. She loves Pinkalicious books, and has a new love for soccer, so I am sure this will be a hit... but the storyline is lacking. I read over it and was a bit surprised that the focus wasn't really on the soccer game. I'm a bit disappointed in this title, and this is possibly the worst storyline I've seen in one thus far. Overall, it will serve it's purpose and I think my daughter will like it, but it missed a huge opportunity to develop the storyline with teamwork, overcoming adversity or how to be not be a sore loser/winner.
on January 3, 2013
My daughter loves these books for bed time so I got this one, too. Most of the books have a decent story line, this one doesn't....playing soccer then gets swooped away by a horse and Santa Clauses it all over the world only to get bored, return, and score a winning goal? My daughter didn't seem to mind but I can't stand reading this book and she quickly stopped picking it out to read. The others in this series are much better...go there first.
on December 9, 2012
This is another really nice book about the adventures of a little girl who loves pink. I'd recommend it to others. It encourages early readers by making reading fun and interesting or one can read it to younger children too.
on January 17, 2014
This particular Pinkalicious book is not our family's favorite book in the series. I would rate it on the lower end of the spectrum of Pinkalicious books. There is a sort of random sequence midway through where Pinkalicious is playing soccer around the world that is just kind of weird. Overall, I wouldn't recommend this one- there are far better books in the series.
on February 8, 2013
The problem with this book is that someone says "pink stinks" and my daughter didn't understand why someone would say that and it made her think there might be something wrong with her liking pink. There was also a crazy section involving a unicorn that seemed a little out of place, but we rolled with it.
on June 26, 2013
I bought this as a gift. The parents of the 7 year old and the birthday girl loved it. They made a special effort to thank me for the book above the other gifts I gave.