Five Useful Pinterest Apps and Tools, from Pinterest for Dummies
- PinReach - PinReach measures a user's influence across Pinterest and provides analytics for a user's Pinterest account. Once you sign up and connect your PinReach account to your Pinterest account, you will be able to view your PinReach score and how it has changed over time. You can also view stats for individual boards and pins, discover who your most influential followers are, and view the day's trending pins and members.
- Pin A Quote - Pin A Quote is a bookmarklet tool that lets you pin a selection of text from a Web site instead of an image. There isn't any sign up or account creation involved. Just install the bookmarklet in your browser's toolbar and you can begin pinning to your Pinterest account or sharing your selection on other social networks.
- SpinPicks - SpinPicks is an application that finds pin-worthy images from sources such as Flickr Creative Commons database, Instagram, Twitpic, and Reddit/R. After completing the short sign-up process, you will gain access to the beta application. Connect it to your Pinterest account, choose an image source, and click the wheel to spin. You can spin through as many images as you like until you find one that you want to pin.
- Snapito! - Snapito! captures screenshots of Web pages for Pinterest users to pin instead of a single image from a page. You can insert the URL you want to snap or you can install a bookmarklet and click that whenever you are visiting a page that you want to snap and pin. Snapito! also offers an option to timestamp a screenshot that will be stored on the Snapito! servers.
- Pinspiration - Pinspiration is a third-party app created exclusively for Windows Phone Pinterest users. The official Pinterest mobile app is currently only available for iOS devices, and Pinspiration gives Windows Phone users the ability to pin on the go from their mobile phones.
From the Back Cover
All the steps you need to know to jump into Pinterest and thrive
Don't miss the boat on one of the fastest-growing social networking sites. Get on board and learn all about Pinterest, a virtual pinboard that lets you share images and ideas. The platform is simple to use and navigate once you get the hang of it, and this book walks you through all of the steps to join, use, socialize, and flourish!
Get a little social — join Pinterest, connect it to your Twitter and Facebook accounts, set up your profile, and start following other members
Bells, whistles, and more — use all the features such as liking, commenting, hashtags, and tagging to get the most out of your experience
Put your plans into place — from weddings and parties to home decorations and vacations, find out how to get, organize, and share ideas
Learn the right etiquette — follow simple guidelines so you can be an active and responsible participant in Pinterest
Start promoting — take advantage of the popularity of Pinterest to drive members to your own site, products, or blog
Meet the right people — uncover incredible content by following power pinners
Open the book and find:
All about getting started with your virtual pinboard
Steps for finding friends, following boards, and sharing pins
Ways to always stay connected by going mobile with Pinterest
Secrets for controlling privacy and using the right settings
How to create a quality pin with proper credit
Techniques the top brands are using to build large followings
Inspiration from brands and power pinners
Request an invitation and set up your account
Find people to follow and connect with other social networks
Use community features such as commenting, liking, and hashtags
Utilize Pinterest for event planning, recipe organization, and more