4.0 out of 5 stars Pinzon 550-gram washcloth
Amazon now carries three grades of Pinzon-branded towels, these made in Turkey at 550 grams, a line made in Pakistan at 725 grams or about 30% heavier, and a luxury line also made in Turkey at 820 grams, about 50% heavier. The ones made in Turkey are Oeko-Tex certified.

Published 19 months ago by Margaret Picky

2.0 out of 5 stars Just OK. For real luxury order Pinzon 820 gram towels
Published 19 months ago by Goldengate

4.0 out of 5 stars Pinzon 550-gram washcloth, January 1, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

This line at 550 grams per square meter is made of low-twist cotton in a single-ply yarn with longer loops and a fuzzier appearance compared to the 820-gram line. The bath towels are also two inches shorter in this 550-gram grade compared to the 56-inch towels in the other grades.

Many manufacturers of bath linens use a lighter weight for washcloths than that used for the towels but the Pinzon brand uses the same weight. A 550-gram textile makes a very nice washcloth, thick and sturdy but not stiff, perfect for exfoliation. However, some people may prefer a heavier towel. Taste in towels seems to vary; some people prefer a thinner, scruffy, brisk towel while others prefer a thicker, fluffy, soft towel. These fall into the former group despite the long loops and low-twist yarn.

These washcloths are hemmed on four sides and the stitching is secure and reinforced at the corners. There is an eight-line dobby stripe on one side to match the towels. The white color is nice and bright.

The care instructions say to wash separately in cold water with non-chlorine bleach only and tumble dry low. I buy only white towels so that I can bleach them out when they need it. I wash them in hot water and although I normally use drying racks, when I do use the dryer, it is always on the highest setting. I've never had a problem laundering towels this way other than the expected slight shrinkage.

If you've ever wondered why Amazon uses "Pinzon" as the name for a house brand, it's because one of the Pinzón brothers, explorers who sailed with Columbus, discovered the Amazon River.

Currently, the 725-gram towel sets seem to be a good buy compared to these.

2.0 out of 5 stars Just OK. For real luxury order Pinzon 820 gram towels, December 28, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've bound Amazon's house brand's Pinzon towels for several years now, since a friend told me that they compare favorably to Restoration Hardware's premium towels. When I ordered this one I didn't pay much attention to the weight but when I opened the box I immediately noticed. This towel is much lighter than it's 820 gram sibling and is very ordinary. At this price you can do much better at TJ Maxx in the towel section where you'll find a heavier weight towel for about the same price. Or better yet order the Pinzon 820 gram version Pinzon Luxury 820-Gram Cotton Bath Towel, White for just a little more and you'll be amazed at the luxury--and the durability.

I also noticed that this towel had several broken stitches which resulted in threads hanging off the towel where the stitches had broken...so instead of seeing just a one dimensional towel surface there are several threads sticking out of the towel.

Overall, for this price, you can do better...and for a little more you can get the heavier weight from Pinzon which is not only nicer but seems to be produced with more quality control (no loose/broken stitches).

Hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft, Absorbent & Warm..., January 3, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Soft- This towel is so incredibly soft. It feels great even after several washings.

Absorbent- This towel absorbs water instantly without leaving big wet spots on the towel.

Warm- When this towel is wrapped around you it feels very warm. If you need to step out of the bathroom with the towel wrapped around you this will help to keep the cool air off of you.

Looks- Although I never have bath towels hanging up in my house, if you are someone that does I wouldn't recommend these towels for that purpose. The stitching isn't the best on these towels. They're not falling apart or anything close to that, they're just uneven.

I love this towel for everyday use. I would love to replace all my towels with these. Just bear in mind that they're not a good choice for a towel that you'd display. I highly recommend these towels.

1.0 out of 5 stars Yuck!, August 26, 2013
Judy Davis "Daisy" (Philadelphia, PA USA) - See all my reviews
Like most Amazon junkies, I read the reviews before I buy. Often times you have to weigh the negative with the positive. Take these towels. I read the reviews that said they were pretty much crappily-made towels. I thought they were just haters who liked to hate. Nope, they were right. I don't even think I had the towels out of the packaging for five minutes before I wrapped them back up and put them back in the shipping box. The towels were so ratty, they almost seemed...ugh...gasp...used! I know, I can't believe it myself. I would seriously reconsider this purchase if I were you.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fell apart after one wash., December 1, 2013
Started fraying badly during my initial wash and dry. Hadn't even used it yet. I suppose it's pretty soft so that's nice. Would not buy again.

1.0 out of 5 stars BUYER BEWARE, Very thin towel., December 14, 2013
From the image I assumed it would be a plush soft towel (I've taken pictures, but I don't see a way to include in review). The Pinzon 550-Gram towel feels very course and not what I expected based on the positive reviews. It's more of a towel to wash your car with. I also had problems with the delivery. First order never arrived. Just received the reorder. But Amazon customer support was very good in reordering. It's better if you go to a store and feel the towels your going to purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Soft and Unthreading, August 13, 2013
These towels are undeniably soft and fluffy! After a wash or two they were sincere in their grace across my skin.

I would be more pleased if they also withstood washing better. I wash these towels once or twice a week and after a month they are already beginning to unravel. These towels aren't getting abused either. The hardest work they see is the washing machine and I'm not even putting it on a high setting.

While I would want to buy more because they are soft and absorbant at a seemingly fair price, I can't justify buying a product that seems like it'll only last for 25 or 30 washes before entirely unraveling.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pinzon 550-gram Turkish Cotton Washcloth-indigo, February 15, 2013
J. LEJEUNE (DESTREHAN, LA United States) - See all my reviews
Pinzon 550-gram Turkish Cotton Washcloth-indigo.

Medium thickness-washed three times-scratchy-slight fading. Fading is compared to same color washcloths that were only washed once. They are not as thick, soft or fluffy as my ten + year old 100 % cotton Cannon USA made Towels.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice, January 8, 2014
This is a nice, big soft towel. The color is such a nice warm dark brown. It's very absorbent and I'm glad I got it, now I wish I had more. This is a great addition to make the bathroom look classy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality towel, December 26, 2013
C. Blouke (Las Vegas NV) - See all my reviews
I have only washed this twice. It did not release excessive lint, its woven band did not shrink and it did not release much dye. I live in Las Vegas where the humidity is low but thicker towels often do not dry fully. This towel does not feel thin but it does seem to dry more quickly. I am very pleased with it so far.

Pinzon 550-Gram Turkish Cotton Bath Towel, Taupe