4.0 out of 5 stars Not hotel quality -- thankfully

2.0 out of 5 stars more like a bath mat than a towel
Published on July 25, 2012 by engk916

2.0 out of 5 stars more like a bath mat than a towel, July 25, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
everyone has their own preference when it comes to towels - i happen to like fluffy, high pile towels with large terry loops. this is not that kind of towel. the towel texture is more like those microfiber towels that i use for my hair Aquis Microfiber Hair Towel, Lisse Crepe, White (19 x 39-Inches). that's not saying this towel is bad, but just not the kind i like. on the plus side, the black double-pinstripe detail has a simple and classic look.

the towel weighs more than a half pound dry, so it seems really heavy when wet. with that kind of cotton density, low pile and large size, this towel took a long time to dry and feels like a big, wet bath mat.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not hotel quality -- thankfully, August 12, 2012
Aderyn (Small-Town Michigan, USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Maybe it says something about the hotels I frequent, but I've never gotten a really good towel in a hotel. Even at the better hotels, the towels seem mostly designed to keep you from liking them enough to steal them. Nevertheless, this attractive, thick, large "hotel stitch" towel with its understated look would look nice in a hotel bath, and it looks nice in mine. Portuguese cotton is known to be a high-end choice, and I expect this towel will last a long time. It laundered well and softened up a bit, which it badly needed (I never use fabric softener on my towels, because I prefer absorbency to softness). I have been impressed by many products in Amazon's Pinzon line, and this towel is no exception.

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite Towel!, December 6, 2012
I know some reviewers say the towel is "too big" or "too heavy", but I found neither to be true.
The towel is large, the weight is appropriate and shows its quality. I have tried so many towels and so many price ranges and they don't compare to the price/quality you get with this.
It dries you off roughly 60% faster than other towels. So say it used to take 3 minutes to dry off, this cuts that to less than 1 1/2 minutes.

Great job Amazon! You produced a great product of great quality and reasonable price.

I purchase over 250 items a year from Amazon and always give my honest opinion and rating.
This towel earns 5 stars!

4.0 out of 5 stars A Durable, Dense, Absorbent, Big, and Quality Bath Towel!, July 25, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When it comes to bath towels, I prefer those that are a bit heavy, dense and durable. Too soft is not a priority for me, but I don't like scratchy. This white Pinzon 700-Gram Hotel Stitch Bath Towel with Smokey Plum stripes on the bottom of one side fits the bill.

I washed it before using it without fabric softeners or bleach, but with other light colors in the load and dried it with others on a hot setting.

It feels durable, absorbent and large enough for my 6 foot frame.

I have some pretty nice bath towels, but this one is on par with my favorite ones.

White is not my favorite color; however, other colors are available.

This is a nice looking towel, but that is not what I look for in a bath towel. I don't care if it matches a shower curtain, hand towels or a wash cloth. My experience is that if it is too pretty, it ends up a hands-off decoration set. For that reason, I will probably buy a half dozen of the bath towels only.

Clearly, this is a quality towel that will last a long time. I have found that I usually get what I pay for. If you want a quality bath towel, my best guess is that you will like this one as much as I do.

Enjoy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice towel with good weight, December 2, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Nice towel that feels heavier than it looks. It's not particularly thick, in fact the terry loops seem tighter than your average terry towel. Because of this I feel I need to wipe dry rather than pat dry. That's not a bad thing, really, it's just different. Although I haven't seen evidence of it yet, I worry that the bleach I use on my whites will eventually discolor the stitching. Speaking of stitching I haven't run into any problems with the towel fraying or coming apart. It's nice and sturdy but you may want to look elsewhere if you want a fluffy towel with large terry loops.

2.0 out of 5 stars Feels like a beach towel, and didn't seem to absorb water like my other towels., April 8, 2013
Atomicwasteland (Rockville, MD USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really did not like using this towel to dry myself after a shower. Though it seemed high quality -a nice tight weave- and it was just the right size, it was scratchy and it did a poor job (compared to my regular towels) of absorbing water. It seemed to push the water around a bit, rather than absorb it. I'm not sure it had enough thickness to give it the absorbability that it needed to be a great bath towel.

On the plus side, I was able to move large furniture around very easily on my newly varnished wood floors by placing this towel under the furniture and pushing, as the weave on it was so tight that it provided the perfect resistance. Great for sliding, not so much for drying.

I prefer a towel with longer, relaxed loops, and this wasn't it. To the beach with it? Maybe, to the bathroom, no.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE it - but be sure you know what kind of towel this is, May 4, 2013
Jon (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
Like one of the other reviewers said, the material is made out of a terry cloth "THAT FEELS LIKE A BATH MAT" and not a towel. TRUE. But it is very thick AND VERY HEAVY (if you care - it is really heavy), and very large. I take it to my local gym pool and I like the way it covers the dirty old lounge chairs. Better than a Beach Towel for a sun lounge chair (personally speaking). I can't imagine taking a shower at home and wrapping this enormous, heavy, not really absorbent "towel" to dry off.

A woman might add a nice strong accent pin, and with the correct wrapping, wear it around like a house dress all day. (an idea - it's big and very heavy, non-absobant, but it hangs very well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but....., March 18, 2013
I have several Pinzon bath and hand towels and Love them. But these Hotel ones are different. My bath towels are Very soft and plush and these Hotel ones seem hard. The weave is very short and very tight. I put them in the dryer to fluff them and remove the wrinkles before hanging them and they did soften a bit. Maybe after they are washed. I got them strictly for show as I needed a white with a touch of navy and they are perfect for that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Initial impression, excellent quality, July 19, 2013
One of the biggest problems I have had with any type of towel is threads that get pulled while the towel in laundered. The last thing I want to see when opening a new product are long threads hanging out of a brand new towel. I received two types of towels on the same day. These towels were beautiful, no dangling threads, true to color, and lovely to touch. The other towels that were half the price came with threads pulled. I would normally say, you get what you pay for, but with towels, it is just an unknown. I have gotten towels from JC Penney for super low prices that have been heavily used and laundered for 6 years without a single thread pull. I don't know how they make quality vs. crap, but my initial impression is that these towels are of good quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these towels, June 22, 2013
I bought two at first and when I got them, I ordered two more! I'm hooked, so when I need to buy more towels, these are the ones I'll buy!

Pinzon 700-Gram Hotel Stitch Bath Towel, Taupe