Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pinzon 700-Gram Hotel Stitch Bath Towel, Taupe
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

VINE VOICEon July 25, 2012
Size: Bath Towel|Color: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
everyone has their own preference when it comes to towels - i happen to like fluffy, high pile towels with large terry loops. this is not that kind of towel. the towel texture is more like those microfiber towels that i use for my hair Aquis Microfiber Hair Towel, Lisse Crepe, White (19 x 39-Inches). that's not saying this towel is bad, but just not the kind i like. on the plus side, the black double-pinstripe detail has a simple and classic look.

the towel weighs more than a half pound dry, so it seems really heavy when wet. with that kind of cotton density, low pile and large size, this towel took a long time to dry and feels like a big, wet bath mat.
VINE VOICEon August 12, 2012
Size: Bath Towel|Color: Silver Grey|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Maybe it says something about the hotels I frequent, but I've never gotten a really good towel in a hotel. Even at the better hotels, the towels seem mostly designed to keep you from liking them enough to steal them. Nevertheless, this attractive, thick, large "hotel stitch" towel with its understated look would look nice in a hotel bath, and it looks nice in mine. Portuguese cotton is known to be a high-end choice, and I expect this towel will last a long time. It laundered well and softened up a bit, which it badly needed (I never use fabric softener on my towels, because I prefer absorbency to softness). I have been impressed by many products in Amazon's Pinzon line, and this towel is no exception.
on December 6, 2012
I know some reviewers say the towel is "too big" or "too heavy", but I found neither to be true.
The towel is large, the weight is appropriate and shows its quality. I have tried so many towels and so many price ranges and they don't compare to the price/quality you get with this.
It dries you off roughly 60% faster than other towels. So say it used to take 3 minutes to dry off, this cuts that to less than 1 1/2 minutes.

Great job Amazon! You produced a great product of great quality and reasonable price.

I purchase over 250 items a year from Amazon and always give my honest opinion and rating.
This towel earns 5 stars!
on July 19, 2013
One of the biggest problems I have had with any type of towel is threads that get pulled while the towel in laundered. The last thing I want to see when opening a new product are long threads hanging out of a brand new towel. I received two types of towels on the same day. These towels were beautiful, no dangling threads, true to color, and lovely to touch. The other towels that were half the price came with threads pulled. I would normally say, you get what you pay for, but with towels, it is just an unknown. I have gotten towels from JC Penney for super low prices that have been heavily used and laundered for 6 years without a single thread pull. I don't know how they make quality vs. crap, but my initial impression is that these towels are of good quality.
Size: Hand Towel|Color: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )|Verified Purchase
This is a quality towel. I know the description says it's a wash-cloth but it's bigger than most wash cloth towels I've seen. I was able to wrap my hair in it after getting out of the shower. And, what is more, the towel was thick enough to absorb the moisture in my shoulder-length, fairly thick hair. (Not many towels can do that in one go.)

I first used it before washing, straight out of the box and it was definitely thick but not what I'd call soft and fluffy. Nonetheless it was super-absorbent. Then I washed it and it got softer while retaining its thickness and absorbing capacity but again, I wouldn't call it soft and fluffy. it does, however, feel substantial.

It feels like the towel with which you want to wipe your face after a long, stressful day. It feels like a towel that will last a while. And, to top it off, it's elegant.

It's very white with two black stripes at the bottom. Simple and elegant. And the colors will work in most bathrooms.

Yes this towel costs more than most wash cloths. But, in my opinion, it's worth it.
on June 13, 2013
This was a Prime "add on" item when I purchased them so I was not expecting much in the quality. Let me just say, the entire collection exceeded my expectations and I am so happy I decided to add these towels. The towels are very large, but the quality is amazing. They are super absorbent and feel great against the skin. I highly recommend these towels and the other pieces in the collection. I will warm you that they are ALL larger then normal bath and hand towels but you will be happy with the purchase.
on March 18, 2013
I have several Pinzon bath and hand towels and Love them. But these Hotel ones are different. My bath towels are Very soft and plush and these Hotel ones seem hard. The weave is very short and very tight. I put them in the dryer to fluff them and remove the wrinkles before hanging them and they did soften a bit. Maybe after they are washed. I got them strictly for show as I needed a white with a touch of navy and they are perfect for that.
VINE VOICEon July 25, 2012
Size: Bath Towel|Color: Smokey Plum|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
When it comes to bath towels, I prefer those that are a bit heavy, dense and durable. Too soft is not a priority for me, but I don't like scratchy. This white Pinzon 700-Gram Hotel Stitch Bath Towel with Smokey Plum stripes on the bottom of one side fits the bill.

I washed it before using it without fabric softeners or bleach, but with other light colors in the load and dried it with others on a hot setting.

It feels durable, absorbent and large enough for my 6 foot frame.

I have some pretty nice bath towels, but this one is on par with my favorite ones.

White is not my favorite color; however, other colors are available.

This is a nice looking towel, but that is not what I look for in a bath towel. I don't care if it matches a shower curtain, hand towels or a wash cloth. My experience is that if it is too pretty, it ends up a hands-off decoration set. For that reason, I will probably buy a half dozen of the bath towels only.

Clearly, this is a quality towel that will last a long time. I have found that I usually get what I pay for. If you want a quality bath towel, my best guess is that you will like this one as much as I do.

Enjoy!
88 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
These Pinzon hotel stitch terry towels from Portugal have short, dense, and highly-absorbent loops on both sides, about 1/8 in. long. Make no mistake: these are not the powder-puff soft and fluffy towels that some prefer, but instead have the understated luxuriousness of the pool & beach towels at a nice resort.

The stated density of 700 grams per square meter is accurate—the 30 in. x 55 in. bath towel weighs a little over 26 oz. or 750 g. They soak up an incredible amount of water and are very heavy when wet.

The weaving is even and without broken or loose loops or threads. They are hemmed on all four sides which helps them maintain their shape when laundered. The stitching is well-done except that I would prefer that it be reinforced at the corners and the double row of decorative satin stitching is only attractive on one side. I got both the rich lavender-gray and the pale blue stripes and the colors are gorgeous.

As with most towels, the cotton thread has been treated during the manufacturing process so they should be soaked overnight in hot water with a good quality laundry detergent and then washed without fabric softener and with an extra rinse cycle before the first use. The softness and absorbency will then continue to improve with continued use and repeated laundering.
on June 12, 2013
I know not everyone likes this type of towel, but it's big and absorbent. I wouldn't call it
'fluffy' but I don't particularly care for that feature - just want to dry off efficiently. I would definitely buy more.

See 1 answered question