1,909 Reviews
 (1,589)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!
Published on January 2, 2007 by *~ Sunshine ~*

1.0 out of 5 stars Get your vacuum cleaner ready
I bought these sheets (king Italian Roast) a few weeks ago for a new king size mattress I had just purchased. The first couple nights were great. Sheets felt nice, the fitted sheet actually stayed in place despite the oversize cut for deep mattresses (mine is 11" deep), and the pillowcases felt very good. Kept me warm on some cold Wisconsin nights.

And then...
Published 20 months ago by Owner

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, January 2, 2007
*~ Sunshine ~* (Beautiful Iowa, the place to grow.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I confess that these were my first-ever flannel sheets. I was always afraid that they would pill and be uncomfortable. Boy, was I wrong! These are wonderful, soft, quality sheets that make me look forward to going to bed at night and it even harder to get out in the morning. They seemed a little expensive at $59.00 but I didn't think I'd get quality at any less expense. Now they are ten dollars less. I recommend you snap up this deal if you are looking for flannel sheets! You won't be disappointed! I'd give these 10 stars if I could!

Update: After the second winter season of using these, they are still as soft (if not softer) as they were when new. They haven't pilled or thinned anywhere and the seams and elastic are intact and like new. I can't say enough positive things about these sheets. I've purchased sets for gifts and a second set to use when these become worn, in case they were no longer available. If you're looking for flannel sheets, give these a try. I can't see how you'd find any better, at any price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable comfort and warmth, February 17, 2007
P. Overbey (Nashville, TN) - See all my reviews
I bought the taupe set and washed them first. I knew as soon as I checked the dryer that these were different than any others that I have had. With all of my past sets of flannel sheets, I had to continuously empty the lint filter during the drying process. With this set, this was not the case. There was some lint, but very little. Also, there has been no pilling.

When I first climbed into bed, it was like slipping into a comforting hug. I have never before had flannel this thick, this soft and this warm. Not even department store name brands can compare to these. And in response to the one complaint that the fitted sheet did not really fit their mattress, I completely disagree. My mattress is 17", then I have a 600 thread count extremely plush mattress pad on top that brings it up at least another inch. These sheets still went on easily and the corners still tucked under the way that they are supposed to. At this price, I am ordering a set of the butter ones today to tuck away as an extra set. Five stars is definitely not enough to describe these sheets.

UPDATE 11/6/11: These are still the best sheets I have ever owned, and they hold up better. It's been over 4 years. I have been using the same two sets of sheets since my original purchase. I change my bed every two weeks with the alternating set, so these have held up to one washing a month for over 4 years. Even with all of those washings, they are still in excellent condition... no worn places, no tears, still no pilling. The only real sign of wear is that the elastic on one corner of one set is just starting to stretch a little. I have two more sets that I purchased 4 years ago as well, still in the original packaging as they have not yet been needed. I hope that Amazon never stops carrying these sheets!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, soft sheets, October 1, 2006
This review is from: Pinzon Signature 190-Gram Cotton Velvet Flannel Sheet Set, Queen, Cream (Kitchen)
It's getting cold and we needed new flannel sheets, so gave these a try. They are very soft, just right for warmth, and after several washings have not pilled or become rough. They are just great. I've told a few people about them and am thinking about giving a few sets as holiday gifts.

1.0 out of 5 stars Get your vacuum cleaner ready, January 28, 2013

And then the pilling started, and it hasn't stopped since.

After a few nights I noticed some little balls of fabric coming off the sheets. I gave them a wash and a dry to try and knock off the loose stuff. A day later I have even more coming off on me. Then I noticed it is actually spilling off the bed at the foot and onto my light colored carpeting, and subsequently getting dragged all over my apartment.

I am now at a point where these little balls of fabric are EVERYWHERE. Covering my tan duvet cover and pillow shams. All over the floor and In between the sheets. Last night I took a deep breath through my nose and a little brown fabric ball went straight up. That was fun to try and spit back out at 2 in the morning. You know those little balls of "sand" that collect in the corner of your eyes? That will now be replaced with little balls of cheaply made fabric!

I've been vacuuming the bed every couple days now to keep it down, which seems to help, but trying to vacuum a king size bed is NOT a fun task. I burn about 15 minutes every couple days just to keep ahead of these things. I'm about one more snortfull of fabric before I send these things to the trash. I will think twice about purchasing anything with the Pinzon name, in fact I probably just won't even bother if I have to risk this again.

Admittedly, I am a roller in bed which could be aggravating the issue. 10 minutes without turning is a long time for me, which is why I chose what I thought would be sheets that could take the rolling without breaking down, like other sheet sets have done in the past. I have had cheaper sets which have lasted much, much longer.

I am astounded that this is not a more common complaint in the reviews. Perhaps they changed the formula for their fabric recently. Maybe I got a factory reject. Who knows, but the sheets that I received are of awful quality. You could not pay me to recommend these sheets solely due to the mess they cause.

4.0 out of 5 stars wonderful flannel sheets; mine needed some mending, though., September 13, 2008
I love these flannel sheets by Pinzon sheets (an Amazon co.). I am a big fan of flannel sheets, and these are, in most ways, the very best flannel sheets which I have owned, however there were a couple of flaws which I fixed myself, since I liked them so much.

They come out of the dryer soft and comfortable and looking good. Not pilled or over-wrinkley. Thank-goodness--my last set of flannel sheet (which I purchased elsewhere) pilled horribly to the extent that are unusable. These sheets feel like they are high-quality--substantial and smooth. I should add that I do "baby" them a bit--I wash them on permanent press, warm; instead of hot wash like I used to do with sheets.

About the color-fastness issue: I didn't have any trouble with the sheets coming out of the washing machine with faded spots, but they basically lost all their coloring when I used the TINIEST amount of bleach(diluted in much water). The original color was "butter", which took me a while to warm up to. It reminded me of manilla envelopes, but a bit yellower. I soon grew to love the color. The sheets are now a sort-of beige-y color which works OK for my room, too.

Two bigger issues were the size of the pillowcases and the stitching of the corners of the fitted sheet. The pillowcases simply aren't long enough. I have encountered this problem with two other sets of sheets which I purchased in the past couple of years. Why are these companies being so stingy with fabric? In the case of these pillowcases, though, it was relatively easy for me to unpick the hems, turn a tiny hem on them, iron them and re-stitch. The other thing is that the stitching on the corners bottom sheet came undone, which, again wasn't too difficult to fix.

I did not contact Amazon about these issues, though I meant to. I would have returned them due to the stitching issues, which, actually is an unacceptable flaw, but I just fixed them myself because they are very good sheets. I hope that Amazon addresses this issue and continues to offer these sheets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed with these sheets!, July 14, 2009
d bucci (Minneapolis, MN USA) - See all my reviews
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Living in Minnesota I have become a flannel sheet connoisseur and have always purchased high end flannel because the lighter weight inexpensive sheets are a waste of money; they loose their softness and nap right away. These are quality sheets that are so soft and luxurious, just great to snuggle into. I appreciate that they are napped on both sides and have an extra deep 4" hem on the top sheet and pillow cases. The nap is tighter woven than most flannel, very felt like. The sheets have a good weight to them but are still very comfortable for summer use. They wash beautifully and have not pilled at all. The large pocket is designed for deeper mattresses but still do not slip on my more standard depth mattress. I think they are a great value and will definitely purchase more of these sets.
I have been used to seeing flannel weights in ounces per square yard so the 190 grams per square meter mystified me until my husband who is much better at math converted it to 5.6 oz per square yard. I don't think the picture on the product page accurately represents the color of the sheets. The picture looks tan but the sheets are a typical chamois gold

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure indulgence.., February 9, 2007
When I ordered these sheets, I'd been looking for new ones for a while after my old ones wore out. I wanted a nice pattern in a mid tone color, but tried these because of the reasonable price and the other reviews.

I am continually impressed with how nice these sheets are. They are thick and soft..so cozy! I washed them before using them and experienced minor pilling after first use. After the second wash, I've had no problem with pilling. These are deep sheets! I use a mattress clip at the corners to keep them smooth.

Truly, it's a pleasure to slip into bed at night with these flannel sheets. I highly reccomend them. Get them while you can!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Overall, BUT....(SEE UPDATES), December 24, 2008
I love these sheets overall, BUT cannot give them 5 stars for the following reasons. 1. The bottom sheet is a bit too big for my 15" tall queen mattress. It's too deep in the pockets, but would be good for a taller one. It's not bad, but does bunch up slightly. 2. The top sheet is just a tad small for my mattress. It could be a little wider and longer. There's not much to tuck in or fold over and not quite enough overhang on the sides. 3. The pillowcases are just plain too short. I have queen-sized pillows on my queen-sized bed and the pillowcases do not cover the pillow. Frankly, they would not even be long enough to correctly overhang a standard-sized pillow. I have washed and dried them according to instructions four times now. We do love the soft, thick, warm feel of the fabric and so far, no signs of pilling. These sheets are equivalent to 6.7+ ounce flannel and sewn very well. I would have much preferred an ivory-type color, but had to settle for chamois; which is a golden/camel color and doesn't match the rest of my bedding. Amazon, PLEASE, get more of the size and color that is most popular! Otherwise, very cozy winter sheets for us Northerners! UPDATE: Have washed and dried over three dozen times now, still in great shape! No signs of wear, fading, shrinking or pilling; still soft and cozy! Just wish they fit a little better, otherwise, a pleasure to sleep in! ALSO: Have purchased both 200 gram and 190 gram versions. While they are VERY, VERY similar---200 gram version is more generously cut, very slightly thicker and noticeably softer. RN #'s and other info on tags is the same, except for the word Supima on 200 gram version, but there are some differences in the product. Slightly prefer 200 gram version, but 190 gram version is very, very close. UPDATE: Recently able to order these in cream, which is a very pleasing warm ivory color. Very nice! Like this much better than chamois! UPDATE: Purchased 4 sets of these in all, biggest complaint is INCONSISTENT SIZING! Last year's version was way too small. This year's, slightly better, but still too small! UPDATE OCTOBER 2013: HAVE OWNED THESE SHEETS FOR ALMOST 5 YEARS NOW, I am pleased to say they are still comfy, warm, not showing much wear, no significant fading and I love them so much I've ordered 2 more sets (6 total) for us and several sets for my family. It's so nice to know some things are still made well and last. Well worth the money we spent on these. Sizing seems to have improved some on the newer ones we've purchased. Love them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Sheets We've Ever Owned, October 28, 2006
E. Hollender "edroseh" (Atlantic Beach, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
Pinzon 190-Gram Velvet Flannel California King Sheet Set, Chamois I use king-sized flannel sheets year-round and these are perfect and never too hot in the summer.

I hate wrinkled sheets and refuse to iron sheets. The only cotton ones that do not irritate my skin to bed sores need ironing after laundering.

I have a very thick king-size mattress which is 17 inches deep. These sheets fit well.

I hope Amazon continues to make them available to its customers!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment After the Wait, April 18, 2012
Bought this sheet set in December and was wowed by the substantial feel of the sheets. They were soft and warm and wonderful and I wanted more. The new set came today, but the quality was not same. The new sheets are thin and smooth and don't have that "feel." What happened? The sheets were out of stock for 2 months, perhaps the manufacturer changed. Amazon, though, is amazing with their easy return policy.

Pinzon Signature 190-Gram Cotton Velvet Flannel Sheet Set, Queen, Cream