Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now DOTD

on October 10, 2014
I had very dark underarms , since my pregnancy, no matter what I did I could not lighten them , I used so many products and wasters so much money. So I gave this cream a final shot... It was like underarm became light, I ordered another box. I love it I'm posting a pic of before and after to show my results.
review image
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 1, 2014
I'm an AfricanAmercan female who is just trying to rid blemishes, but literally within one week and a half (two weeks at best) of using this morn and night I've turned 3 shades lighter lol so i panicked cuz I didnt expect it to actually work so fast and its not gradual. So my blemishes are def lightened but since my entire face is so much lighter i'll only used on specific spots from now on. If you are like me and are just using for acne blemish, its tedious but JUST PUT ON SPOTS THIS STUFF REALLY WORKS FAST.
on January 13, 2015
If you're like me, you've read the glowing reviews and the horror stories, and you're not sure which to trust. And if you're going to spend $40 on face cream, you want to be sure what you're getting. Hopefully this review will help.

(Disclaimer: every skin type is different and I can only speak for mine)

Bottom line, this cream works. And it works fast. I bought it to even out and brighten my skin tone and within a week, I've gotten great results. Acne scars I've had since forever are already starting to significantly fade and my skin is absolutely glowing. I've never felt so confident leaving the house without any makeup on and I seriously can't wait to see what my skin looks like in a month or two. I don't mean to sound like an infomercial but it's that impressive! Lol
The best tips I can give are to use it with the Piona soap or kojic acid soap to exfoliate, which is essential to skin brightening. I can't stress the importance of exfoliating enough. The less dirt and dead skin the cream has to penetrate, the more effective it'll be. I highly recommend using the entire Piona line (soap, cream, and serum) together. Amazing results.
Also, be consistent and be patient. And wear sunscreen!

I wanna touch on some things I read in the bad reviews, that I found to be untrue in my experience:

"The cream burns" - I haven't even remotely experienced any burning from this cream. And I'm perplexed that some reviewers claimed to. Perhaps they were combining it with other products, or putting the cream on raw skin.

"causes breakouts" - now this will vary from person to person, but I personally haven't experienced any rashes or breakouts. As a matter of fact, I've used this cream to clear up breakouts caused by other products.

"It smells bad" - does it smell like your favorite bath & body product? No. But far from bad

"makes you darker" - I have yet to experience this. But if I had to guess, the people who did likely didn't wear enough sunscreen when outdoors. When using skin lightening products, sunscreen is a must because bleaching thins your skin, making it more susceptible to burning. Take the proper care and you'll be fine.

Buy with confidence! I'm not one to gush but it's about the best $40 I've ever spent. This is the best my face has looked my whole life, not even exaggerating. And I wish you the same luck that I've had with this product!

Update after 2 months:

My face is about 90% clear, outside of a few stubborn scars. I've gone from having to cake on concealer everyday to barely wearing makeup at all anymore. I've also lightened about 2 shades. For reference, I used to wear MAC NC45 in Studio Fix powder, and I am now a NC42. I will say, it's not as strong on other parts of the body because the skin on your body isn't as thin as the skin on your face. So if you plan to use it on other areas, be prepared to be patient for results. Other than that, I'll vouch for this cream any day.

Update after 4 months:

My skin has maintained its new color and is still clear, but I think I've reached a plateau. In other words, your skin will build a tolerance to the cream over time and its lightening effects will be less effective. I've read that it's best to switch to products with a different active ingredient every 3 months when lightening so your skin doesn't become immune. (The active ingredient in the cream is arbutin) I just bought the Piona serum which contains hydroquinone and I've found it to be effective so far, especially on areas that the cream couldn't lighten. Pretty much, the entire Piona line is just amazing. Cannot say enough good things about it. One of the best purchases I've ever made
on August 26, 2012
i have adult acne and use this ONLY on the actual lightens the spot really fast. If your trying to lighten spots, just dot a small amount on the actual spot, be careful because it will lighten the area around the spot too, so you have to be precise. could be a a little time consuming but i do this a night and days where im home all day. It works better than ambi.
on October 23, 2014
So I was reading reviews about this cream because I usually don't buy nothing unless I see 10 good reviews with 5 stars. I have a caramel skin tone but my skin got darker over the years and I lost my real complexion. I bought this cream to lighten me up.. And wow it hasn't even been a week I already see changes! Face is lighter, skin glowing and smooth. I've ordered the whole kit. Soap, lotion, night cream and serum! I'll continue using this product for a veryyyyy long time. I love it! Worth the price and much more. Try it, I GUARANTEE you won't regret it. Pinky promise lol
on July 23, 2014
This was the first bleach cream I purchased, and I'm happy to say I made a good choice. I had tried other "lightening" creams that are over the counter at my local beauty shops, and they were fine, but I never saw any dramatic results. I did plenty of research and stumbled upon this cream and thanks to all the great reviews I figured I would give it a try. SO GLAD I DID.
I initially purchased this to help with hyper-pigmentation along my back thighs, butt, and underarms. I'm an African American female, medium tone with a red undertone to my skin and have always had dark, DARK areas on the back of my thighs and butt and inner thigh my entire life(they looked almost like burn areas), but recently as I've gotten older have also noticed it getting worse at my under arms, as well some darkening around my chin.

The under arm darkening is due to aluminum in deodorant, so along with this cream I made the change to Toms deodorant which is free of the aluminum. (I would say its vital to make this change as well if you are looking to brighten your under arm area) My darkening at my chin I believe is caused by hormones from birth control.

Its been 2 weeks now since starting this cream and it has made dramatic changes! I also purchased it along with the Kojic Acid soap and glutathione antioxidant pills and wash twice a day(morning and night) and apply the Piona cream after. I leave the kojic soap on for a few minutes while in the shower to let it do its work, then rinse and apply a thin layer of the cream in the affected areas. I have to admit, it has worked SO well, I am deciding to use it along my arms - darkened by the sun over the years, and work to even out my skin tone overall to match the areas of my body that don't get as much sun. (stomach and thighs)

Its working wonders! My skin is glowing! Each day I can visually SEE that its working. There will be slight changes from the day before and I can see the lighter complexion coming through. Its great to see improvement on a daily basis, because it helps to keep you from getting discouraged. Of course from other reviews I've read that is a person to person change, it may not be as drastic with everyone. if its not working within 1-2 weeks try using it with Kojic acid soap and continue to use it for up to 6 weeks. They say if no change is seen then, it may just not work with your body. I also like that it does not contain the common bleaching agent hydroquinone, because I've heard that is a strong agent that causes burning and sometimes splotchy results.

The smell is somewhat medicine like at first, but you get used to it in a couple days. I wouldn't say it stinks at all, but that is a personal preference. If you use this over large areas of your body, you will need to purchase 2 jars at a time, or be sure to order a second jar as soon as you start to get low. I'm on my second jar after just 2 weeks, so it doesn't last very long. :( Again that's only if you are using it over large areas. It would be great if they had jars larger than 4 oz. cause it gets pricey ordering one after another... but it works!

Great product! Well worth the money. I recommend it!
on November 23, 2011
This is amazing it bleaches u in 4-5 days... like a big difference and it does it inna very even way! piona is simply the best on the market!
on March 17, 2015
I got this because my skin had darkened at least two shades from being out in the sun. It did lighten my skin, in about five days I saw my skin at least three shades lighter. However it lightened the skin but left a lot of dark blotches. As soon as I stopped using the product my skin darkened within two days. For the price.....disappointed.
on May 1, 2014
My skin has gotten darker from working in the sun for years and I used it for less than a week and it works very well
on October 31, 2014
This is the worst cream ever! Originally, I was satisfied with the results after the first two weeks, but then I noticed my skin started to feel rashy and tough in the areas where I used the cream. I stopped using this cream immediately, but noticed within a week that the areas where I used it at were darker than before the original use of the cream!
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse