5.0 out of 5 stars First impressions
Pros:

- Controls feel logically laid out
- Jog wheels are weighted
- Regardless of how you feel about Virtual DJ, the software and the hardware work great together
- Lots of lights on this controller. Looks great in a dark room. Lights are also useful for monitoring your mix
- Controller is bus powered, meaning it takes all of its power from...
Published on November 15, 2012 by Early adopter

3.0 out of 5 stars Good starter controller
Published on January 19, 2013 by AzNdood

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Good starter controller, January 19, 2013
This review is from: Pioneer DDJ Series DDJ-WeGO BLK Digital DJ Controller, Black (Electronics)
The Pioneer DDJ series are mostly of plastic chassis (only exception is the DDJ-SX which is metal). I own 2 DDJ models, the T1 and the ERGO-V. I'm reviewing this product to let hobbyists and beginners know that this is a good product if you're looking on something to start with. As a professional turntablist, it's not a very serious product. As far as controllers go in this price range, you'll never regret paying for what it is "cheap and cheerful" not "cheap and nasty". The 2 deck layout is nice, the buttons are tactile and responsive unlike the Gemini CNTRL/FirstMix series or Numark Mixtrack. Like the ERGO-V, it's powered via USB but doesn't have "docking space" to tuck your laptop under the controller. Buyer beware, with all touch top sensitive platters I recommend buying a case or a lid for your controller unless you're a hardware junkie who can repair it at home. I know some other reviewer stated that the faders feel plasticy but I also own a few Pioneer mixers as well, as far as the fader buttons, they all feel plastic. What does matter is about the feel of it gliding back and forth and working reliably. All their faders are of the same standard whether if you pay $200 or $2000. They don't wear out unless you're just flat out abusing them. My only concern when I demoed the WeGO is that it's very light and feels easier to break.

Conclusion:

PROS:
- Actually cheap and cheerful, not cheap and nasty
- Tactile and responsive buttons
- Quality faders
- Compact design
- USB powered
- MIDI compatible w/ other DJ software

Cons:
- Professional standpoint, not "club-worthy" more of a small gig to gig or bedroom set
- Too light which feels like it's easier to snap
- First-timers, invest in a lid or case to protect the platter otherwise you'll know what I mean later.

5.0 out of 5 stars First impressions, November 15, 2012
Pros:

- Controls feel logically laid out
- Jog wheels are weighted
- Controller is bus powered, meaning it takes all of its power from your computers USB port. Amazing when you consider...
- ...it has a built in audio interface. Plug your speakers directly into it, as well as your headphones for beat matching
- Extremely portable, probably close to best in class for this, it's feature set, and price
- Already key mapped for Traktor Pro 2, and they work wonderfully together

Cons:

- Light weight and plasticky feeling cross fader*, but not as bad as really early offerings
- Feels sturdy enough for the bedroom, not necessarily for crazy house parties
- Cost is low IMO, but still possibly prohibitive to the target market
- Not much else, yet, but this is my first controller so I have nothing to compare it too. And I suspect that's exactly what Pioneer has in mind

If you're thinking about starting to DJ using a controller as opposed to turntables or a CDJ, this device from Pioneer could be a great starting point. I came from using 2 Technique 1210's and a Vestax mixer over 10 years ago, to getting this on a whim and feeling like I picked up right where I left off.

It's incredibly easy to set up so you'll be spending all of your time in the mix as opposed to troubleshooting. The fact that it's bus powered is a pretty big win in my opinion. Power goes out and you can still keep it moving so long as you've got some battery powered speakers. I do...some pretty good ones from JBL and Logitech, that I usually have handy if a need arises. It's one of those things where it's really not a big deal until that one time it is....then it's amazing. Regardless of that, anything that removes a wire from my life is a good thing.

I can't speak to the durability yet as I've only had it for a short time. I can say for sure that it offers a lot for it's size and cost. Enough that it should be able to grow with me for a while until I feel I need to expand. Key word is expand, because even after I add to my rig, I can still see this serving as an FX controller for Ableton or Reason.

In short, if its your first foray into mixing with controllers, give it a shot. There are others available in this price range that in all likelihood offer similar functionality, so it could just be a matter to preference. I feel pretty good about my purchase at this point because I'm having a TON of fun.

*Edit 11/16 as the rest of the faders are pretty solid.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sound Card is Sometimey and screen freezes, March 14, 2013
The Asio Sound Card that the WeGo came with keeps displaying errors. I looked it up online and it is a common occurence. Because of the sound card error the WeGo doesn't play right away and you have to keep trying to turn it off and back off again. It got pretty scary right before a gig I had when it decided to not recognize the Asio sound card. Also, everytime you try to minimize the screen our log off of the virtual dj screen it freezes everytime. So, don't try to minimize the screen while djing or you will be without music. Once it's going and you don't do anything but play music your fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pioneer DDJ WeGO, December 28, 2012
Very good equipment..
recomended for amateur dj s
is very light and has a lot of functions
but you need to have amps

5.0 out of 5 stars This is my third set of equipment and so far my favorite., September 7, 2013
This thing is soo tiny it fits in a computer bag. I have owned vinyl, and a numark n4. It is missing a few aspects but it has all the essentials.
You can play 4 tracks with this. It's comfortable, suuper portable dj anywhere you have your computer no external power source needed.
This was a downgrade from my n4 , but I like it better. The lights are pretty bad ass also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Functional, compact and portable!, January 17, 2013
Received the Pioneer DDJ WeGo for Christmas. I am an amateur DJ that spins house parties and the occasional reception/events for friends.

I am very happy with this controller. It is hard to beat its features/benefits for the price.
I also like that it is extremely portable. I use it with DJay by Algoriddim and it has worked flawlessly.
It is capable of handling most of the tasks that an amateur DJ would need.

I agree with other reviewers that it is likely a too small for a club DJ application...but anyone spinning at that level has the $$$ to spend on Pioneer's more professional gear.

2.0 out of 5 stars problems synching to laptop., February 4, 2014
bought it and returned it. reason: it stopped working with my macbook pro's (all 3 of them). I update the firmware, tried different OS's. it seemed to work best (when it did) with Virtual DJ LE, but never worked with Serato. I tried Panasonic customer support and could not get through. "Try your call later" (after navigating through their call center answering system). are they kidding? Also having support hours from 7am to 4pm Pacific Time seems inappropriate for DJ's. 4pm? Many DJ's are just having breakfast then. And yes, it's Pacific Time, California time, but Panasonic sells more DJ products in the U.S. to California than anywhere else, and California is the 12 largest economy in the world, so "Hello! Panasonic, get your customer support in order": 1. answer the phone 2. change your hours. 3. provide an online forum. thanks. (Interestingly, I picked up a Denon MC2000 and it worked right off the bat, no "not recognized" issues with the computers.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for beginners just be careful about vibrations., October 18, 2013
This controller is awesome for beginners or house party DJs that need something light and portable. Great functionality and the aesthetics of the controller are awesome.

With that said as I eluded to in the title BE CAREFUL about where you place the controller. Pioneer DOES warn against this however vibration will cause the controller to freeze leading to a major mood kill while you reboot the software and start up again. I found if I was getting super amped and hit the hot cues or play button to0 hard the deck would vibrate just enough to cause this problem. After conditioning my behavior to take it a little bit easier on the thing I have had zero problems.

Great product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Anniversary Gift, October 7, 2013
My husband loved this for a gift. He is totally into hip-hop and so I thought this gift would be perfect for him. I also enjoy tinkering with it. The buttons are secure and don't feel cheesy at all. The price may make it seem as though it would feel cheap, however, the weight and feel of this device is perfect. His friends are impressed and I'm an awesome wife! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!, October 17, 2013
Amazing!!! What this system can do for its price it's nice and compact can take it anywhere on the go plug and play nd very high Quality when it comes to mixes I recommended this system for any beginners pioneers are the best for dj experience.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›